Gaming Wii Fit - Moving Save File To Another Region

CharlieFarly

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi All,

Previously I had an NTSC based Wii which I was using Wii Fit with. I recently decided to change the region of the Wii using ARC so that it is now PAL based for various reasons.

In doing this my old version of Wii Fit no longer works, and I've managed to get hold of a PAL edition of the Wii Fit disc.

My Wii still has the Wii Fit save data from previous, however the PAL edition doesn't acknowledge that it is there. Instead it creates a brand new save file - thus the Wii now has two save files - one for the NTSC edition and the other for the PAL edition.

I'd read somewhere that in some cases (in general - not specific to Wii Fit) it's possible to copy the both saves to the SD card, and then move the DATA.BIN from the NTSC version folder into (and overwriting) the PAL DATA.BIN. This didn't appear to work, as the Wii doesn't seem to even recognise the save file on the SD card now. Just shows it with a large Question mark, and some nonsense text.

Long Story short - is there anyway of me retrieving the NTSC verisons save data and bring that into to the PAL version of Wii Fit?.

Thanks

Charlie.

PS. Aplogises is this is the wrong subforum. Couldn't decide if it wanted to be in "Game Help, Hints and Tips" or "Hacking".

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Seems unlikely to me. Considering that the US and Europe use different measuring systems (feet and pounds vs meters and kilo's) which are used often throughout the game (BMI calculations), I suspect the data structure is different as well.

It's probably for the best to start over. Even if it should work, your previous data would look...silly (if you were 6 feet tall and weighed 176 Lbs, it's going to think you're 6 meters tall and weigh 176 kilogram).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @CameronCataclysm...