Hacking Wii Fit Demanding Update

raptir

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this. If not, go ahead and move it.

My Wii is set up as such:

D2PRO9 with the latest firmware
Waninkoko's 4.0U with IOSes downgraded
cIOS 38 rev 13b
Homebrew channel, etc...

I've had Wii Fit for a while, but I haven't played it in about two months. The game worked fine before, and that was before I updated to 4.0 or installed cIOS. I just had the chip at that point. Now, when I put the game in, it asks me to update. The D2PRO9 is supposed to skip updates unless they are necessary (For example, MadWorld asked to update until I installed IOS53. After that, it no longer asked). With MadWorld, however, the game would not boot in GeckoOS. Now, with WiiFit, it boots fine through GeckoOS. MadWorld still boots fine with or without Gecko.

Any suggestions as to what might be going on? Could my anti-update portion of the D2PRO9 failed? Or are there any IOSes I could attempt to install (perhaps something was removed when I upgraded to 4.0, downgraded to 3.2 again, and then upgraded again?)? Thanks.

raptir

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That doesn't help me at all. I'm already on 4.0. My problem is that my chip is supposed to skip updates and I don't know why it isn't.

TroyTheZombie

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
try a different game with an update if possible that isn't included in 4.0, such as animal crossing, see if it asks you to update then. If it does, it looks like your modchip isn't working quite as it should.

An IOS wouldn't affect whether or not your modchip blocks updates.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Julie_Pilgrim @ Julie_Pilgrim: @Psionic Roshambo i have 16 gb in my pc and i run into issues with ram more than i'd like to admit