Hacking Wii Firmware Downgrader and Gamecube ISOs

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Now that there's a firmware downgrader I realized something cool!

1) We can now downgrade to the point that Action Replay works again

2) The Action Replay way of loading Gamecube ISOs should work....hopefully.

I know that there is a SD card to GameCUbe memory card file transfer/homebrew app that can be used from the HBC but my question is what exactly is the process of getting GCOS to load from GameCube card slot B from the AR disc. Basically I think we should use this thread to create a tutorial on how to downgrade your Wii and load GC ISOs from Action Replay. I'm willing to be the test dummy as long as somebody walks me through the process with the proper files and programs. Currently I have a Wii with 3.3 installed, the HBC, multiple SD cards (so that shouldn't be an issue). 2 GameCube memory cards (1, 128 MB and one 4MB/59block official card). The 59block card is empty and makes a great Slot B card, my 128MB card has my Gamecube game save files. I have Action Replay, the version that allows you to input your codes with the AR memory card that comes with it and I have the latest Waninkoko files. with the exception of the other files I may need I believe, tool wise I have everything I need to be our test dummy. well, someone get back at m and get get something started!!!

Milk & Cookies,
Lightning Kid =
happy.gif
=

Knocks

Trophies
XP
Country
Most people here have modchips, and because GameCube games can be played with any firmware, this doesn't have much effect.

Brian117

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wait, which Action Replay are you talking about? The gamecube Action Replay? If so, how can you play Gamecube ISO's? Sorry, I've been looking for a way to play wii iso's and gamecube iso's without a modchip, explain how I can do this...thanks.

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a Gamecube action replay and yes there are tutorials on using the GC action replay to load GCOS and play your GameCube ISOs. The tutorials are a bit dated so my goal is to make a new tutorial using current homebrew developments like the SD to GameCube file transfer app and the wii Firmware Downgrader.

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK I think I found a method but I need a way to put a .dol file on my GameCube memory card. once I find that i think the process will go something like this...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1) Install Custom IOS Rev 3

2) Downgrade to a point where I can load my Action Replay

3) Put "1 format.dol" on my memory card and run it from my Action Replay.

4) Go to memory card menu and format GC card.

Note from the read me file>>Reset your Gamecube and go into the GC bios save manager,
it should say you need to format, so format it.> Run "2 install-ARcodes.dol", press X to write the file,
and press R to select slot B. Run "3 install-level2.dol", press X to write the file,
and press R to select slot B.

7)Put "4 install-gcos15.dol" on my card and run that from Action Replay

Note>> Run "4 install-gcos15.dol", press X to write the file,
and press R to select slot B.> Put in Action Replay, reset, go to Start Game, open the lid,
close the lid, and GCOS 1.5 should boot up. Enjoy!

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes but i believe that you can simply press "A" to "open/close the lid". I just read that there's a dol to gci converter. The Gamecube saver that allows you to transfer files from the wii SD slot to your Gamecube memory card only works with .gci files. The major issue I'm running into here is this... "Is there a way to load .gci files in action replay the same way as .dol files?" if so than installing GCOS onto a memory cad shouldnt be an issue but if not then I need help loading a .dol file onto my memory card using the tools i have
frown.gif

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I really need some help. Does anybody know it the GameCube action replay has the ability to load .gci files. If not , is there some type of loader (using the Homebrew Channel, my SD card and my GameCube memory card) I can use to load a .dol file to my cube memory card?

g4jek8j54

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
LightyKD said:
Does anybody have any verification on if the GameCube action replay or freeloader works after the firmware downgrade?

According to Bushing, the downgrader does not downgrade the MIOS, which means that they still wouldn't work afterwards. The creator of that thread was still not able to get his GameCube Freeloader to work, even though he downgraded below the 3.0 firmware.

Also, in case you didn't know, Datel did release a disc that works on all current firmwares. The disc acts as an Action Replay, Freeloader, and SD Media Launcher. However, the only problem is that you cannot enter codes for the Action Replay. I believe that they replace it for free if you send their previous version to them.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.