Homebrew GCN Enable GameCube on Korean Wii

SY24

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, North
Greetings,

recently I bought a Korean Wii and some games in order to playtest other people's ASM-based hacks that support multiple regions, and testing on emulator isn't always reliable since it sometimes doesn't crash when a console would.

It's commonly known that Korean Wiis have all of the GameCube stuff disabled. Now I was wondering if a patch existed that re-enables those, mainly the Memory Card Slot for use with USB Gecko. I don't want to DeKORify the console for the reasons stated above.

Best regards

SylverReZ

The planet is fine. The people are crazy.
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Greetings,

recently I bought a Korean Wii and some games in order to playtest other people's ASM-based hacks that support multiple regions, and testing on emulator isn't always reliable since it sometimes doesn't crash when a console would.

It's commonly known that Korean Wiis have all of the GameCube stuff disabled. Now I was wondering if a patch existed that re-enables those, mainly the Memory Card Slot for use with USB Gecko. I don't want to DeKORify the console for the reasons stated above.

Best regards
I highly recommend that you remove the Korean key from your console first when modding it, as otherwise you can brick your system.
https://wiibrew.org/wiki/KoreanKii

Reactions: morning_glory

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: unless nintendo is going to start selling consoles at a loss that thing won't be cheap based on...