Homebrew GCN Enable GameCube on Korean Wii

SY24

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, North
Greetings,

recently I bought a Korean Wii and some games in order to playtest other people's ASM-based hacks that support multiple regions, and testing on emulator isn't always reliable since it sometimes doesn't crash when a console would.

It's commonly known that Korean Wiis have all of the GameCube stuff disabled. Now I was wondering if a patch existed that re-enables those, mainly the Memory Card Slot for use with USB Gecko. I don't want to DeKORify the console for the reasons stated above.

Best regards

SylverReZ

Dat one with the Rez
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Greetings,

recently I bought a Korean Wii and some games in order to playtest other people's ASM-based hacks that support multiple regions, and testing on emulator isn't always reliable since it sometimes doesn't crash when a console would.

It's commonly known that Korean Wiis have all of the GameCube stuff disabled. Now I was wondering if a patch existed that re-enables those, mainly the Memory Card Slot for use with USB Gecko. I don't want to DeKORify the console for the reasons stated above.

Best regards
I highly recommend that you remove the Korean key from your console first when modding it, as otherwise you can brick your system.
https://wiibrew.org/wiki/KoreanKii

Reactions: morning_glory

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I mean I would but it's not factual