OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
Ok so right now I have Firmware 4.2u (USA Wii)

Should I leave it at this firmware (Want to play DKCR and Epic Yarn). Or do I need to go up to Firmware 4.3 in order to do this?

If so can someone please link me to a guide or the steps to update to the most recent Hacked Firmware? Thanks.

(Also keep in mind I currently need a Disc Boot Loader, as I do not have a External HDD or a large Flash drive to hold games)

Thanks again

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Wii system menu version doesn't really matter; all that really matters is what IOS and cIOS versions you have. If you are wanting to play DKCR and Epic Yarn disc backups, then all you need is a good cIOS 249 and NeoGamma. There is no reason for you to update your Wii.

If, however, you want to be able to play the latest retail disc games, use the shop channel, or have the latest IOS files for the latest homebrew (ex. WiiMC and IOS58), then you should follow this guide to update your IOS files.

troy512

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
also you need to check wii drive chip database to see if you have a drive capable of reading dvd-r

Jamio88

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
Disasterous said:
let me link you to the stickies. seriously

No need to be an asshole.....seriously.

Usually when I jump on here it is during the 2minutes of free time I have during the day. I don't have time to read a ton of crap. I do have to get back to my life, so sorry for posting a quick questions and hoping someone on here would be nice enough to just give me a quick response......clearly that person was not you. So thanks for that.

Oh almost forgot, as long as your on your high horse, can you maybe take a picture of the view from up their? I bet it is beautiful.

Jamio88

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
troy512 said:
also you need to check wii drive chip database to see if you have a drive capable of reading dvd-r

Once last quick reply before I have to get back to work.

I know it will play DVD-R as I already have about 12 or 13 burned games. However as I just bought my Wii back after selling it to a buddy about 2 years ago, none of them are that recent.

I know it plays Verbatium-R and it will play Sony-R (Burned LoZ:TP on one of my DVD-R blanks last night and it works just fine).

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Jamio88 said:
Usually when I jump on here it is during the 2minutes of free time I have during the day. I don't have time to read a ton of crap.
I can't speak on behalf of other forums, but the stickied threads on the hacking forum on this forum is anything but a ton of crap. The guides are updated regularly, provide all the insights and explanation you may need, and generally in not too complex terms either.

Yes, it'll take more than 2 minutes of spare time to read through it...but it'll be well worth it in the end.
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Right onto uremums 3d printed dildo