Hacking wii firmware 4.1 vs 4.2/4.3

arjaylight

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
what are the advantages of 4.2/4.3 over 4.1 firmware. i noticed that when i copy channels with 200+ blocks to sd in 4.1 firmware it takes so much time compare to 4.2/4.3 which is a way faster. is this one of the advantages of higher firmware?

Solution
*4.2 deletes HBC's v1.05 and below with the title ID HAXX. It also deletes DVDX and blocks bannerbomb v1, but bannerbomb v2 works.
*4.3 deletes HBC's v1.06 and below with the title ID HAXX or JODI. It also deletes DVDX and blocks bannerbomb v1and v2.

Both 4.2 and 4.3 updates also stub some cIOSs, mainly only 249. Also, the latest rev's of all the IOSs (from the 4.3b update I believe) block the old method of installing a patched IOS36 or IOS236 using trucha bug restorer. But this doesn't matter anyways since the community has already started using IOS236 Installer and/or IOS Patcher.

Trollology

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I'm on 4.1 and love it.
I don't think there's a reason to update.
I guess the updates do not improve the Wii whatsoever and are just there to prevent people from hacking.
Even if it's just copying channels, I don't think it's worth updating and reinstalling all the hacks.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
*4.2 deletes HBC's v1.05 and below with the title ID HAXX. It also deletes DVDX and blocks bannerbomb v1, but bannerbomb v2 works.
*4.3 deletes HBC's v1.06 and below with the title ID HAXX or JODI. It also deletes DVDX and blocks bannerbomb v1and v2.

Both 4.2 and 4.3 updates also stub some cIOSs, mainly only 249. Also, the latest rev's of all the IOSs (from the 4.3b update I believe) block the old method of installing a patched IOS36 or IOS236 using trucha bug restorer. But this doesn't matter anyways since the community has already started using IOS236 Installer and/or IOS Patcher.

Solution

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: I'm not doing ok, everywhere I go I see sex