Hacking Wii Firmware 4.0 Guide.

blazingwolf

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Link5084 said:
Also this doesn't affect the WiiKey in anyway right?

Nope, I have a Wiikey installed, still works fine, playing the latest Wii game FFCC for it and it works like a charm because all the needed IOSes are installed.

Littlegreenmen said:
Slowking said:
Btw. does preloader work with 4.0?
got preloader to boot but when i try and load sysmenu4 it says corrupt, so have booted to HBC and reinstalled 3.2

Hmm good to know, I don't personally use those, but I do have a friend who does. I will try it later, but that may be awhile, can anyone else confirm or deny this? That starfall/preloader breaks after the update?

QUOTE(shin-gori @ Mar 25 2009, 11:46 PM)
well boyz... this is my problem...

i have a 4.0 system menu (my old system menu was 3.3v1) y entere in the new shop channel and 5 min later i out to the wii menu... now ALL WAD I HAVE INSTALLED WITH WADMANAGER 1.3 ARE BE DELETED... AND THE SAVES OF THIS GAMES TOO.... why????

Did it also delete the HBC? Or just the wads you installed via wad manager? I'll try this myself to try to confirm it, but I don't want to lose my HBC.

pebls123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
shin-gori said:
well boyz... this is my problem...

i have a 4.0 system menu (my old system menu was 3.3v1) y entere in the new shop channel and 5 min later i out to the wii menu... now ALL WAD I HAVE INSTALLED WITH WADMANAGER 1.3 ARE BE DELETED... AND THE SAVES OF THIS GAMES TOO.... why????
Can anyone else confirm there deleting wads when on wii shop channel?

shin-gori

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
thi its true i can confirm and i have 2 more friends with the same problem

this is the end for all vc and wiiware wads...

blazingwolf

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So did you lose HBC or your friends?

You could always back up your save of a wii/vc game on SD, buy the game you want from the shop channel, and then reinstall the wad for the game...if you really wanted to buy from/use the shop channel that badly.

blazingwolf

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright I got onto the shop channel, downloaded the Nintendo Channel directly to my SDCard, backed up, my MM9 install is still there. AFAIK, the update doesn't make the shop channel delete your wads. Odd. Anyone else confirm or denying this?

Also if what're saying is true, this isn't 4.0 specific anyway as your friends had 3.2U.

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hmmm, I have no doubt that within a week or so, a walkaround (or two) will be made so that wadmanager installed wads can be played off of the sd card with the wad on the wii deleted, so until that happens, I'll just stick with my 3.2 menu. My 2gb sd card is almost full anyway, I'll consider getting a large sdhc card, if they can indeed find a workaround to load all wads installed on the sd card. Until then, 3.2 ftw I guess.

Cygoku

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
blazingwolf said:
Cygoku said:
Can anyone please take a good picture of their system showing the 4.0U ??

Cygoku

I can get a direct screenshot off my capture card, if you can give me a good reason as to why you need it.
As complementary for a news article.

Thanks in advance,

Cygoku

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
lvholanda said:
Can anyone confirm that games with RegionFrii and Brickblocker works in 4.0?
They physically modify the ISO and do not interact in any way with the Wii's internal software, so they should still work.

The only way to block them would be a direct attempt to do that by the big N, and I don't really see them doing something against a minor threat like that.

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
shin-gori said:
thi its true i can confirm and i have 2 more friends with the same problem

this is the end for all vc and wiiware wads...

XFD No. It's not the end. What you do is not go to the shop channel if you plan on using pirated WADs.

lvholanda

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
They physically modify the ISO and do not interact in any way with the Wii's internal software, so they should still work.

The only way to block them would be a direct attempt to do that by the big N, and I don't really see them doing something against a minor threat like that.

Thanks ^^

So, i will update, I just need to know that, because I have many Japanese ISOS burned in DVD'S.

desh_thiere

Trophies
XP
Country
So, this whole 4.0 loading VC roms off SD card really does appeal to me but I would like to ask a few questions relating to cIOS.

I have never installed cIOS before as I have never had the need. I am on 3.3E V2 and don't want to downgrade to 3.2 as I really have no need, everything i do works well on 3.3 V2. I have also manually installed IOS 37, 55 and 52 to make Mad World work.

I have read in this thread that if I install cIOS before I install the 4.0 update then I will still be able to install wiiware and wii VC wads. Would this be correct when I am running a basically unmodified version of 3.3E v2, unmodified aside from those 3 IOS i installed.

I would really like to get the VC games on SD card going, but only if I know that I can successfully install cIOS without it screwing up my wii. Would I just download cIOS install it and then I am fine? I really have no idea with cIOS but I am sure I can figure it out. All I want to still be able to do is run wad manager to install wads, I don't do anything else on my wii homebrew wise.

I am also confused as to how cIOS actually allows me to run the wads whereas if I don't have it, I can't run them. I know cIOS using patched IOS's to do more stuff, but aside from that I am kinda in the dark and I haven't found a good FAQ on cIOS rev 8 to explain it all to me.

Thanks if you know any of these answers.

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
cIOS won't mess up your Wii at all. The reason you need it to continue to install WADs is that in the new menu updates all of the IOS files have fakesigning fixed. If you have cIOS on your Wii then you'll always have at least one IOS with the fakesigning bug so you can run the Wad Manager, perform a downgrade, etc.

desh_thiere

Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for the reply. So if I get Wankiko's custom IOS36 rev 8 and install that I can safely install it on m,y 3.3E wii then update to 4.0 and get the SD card with wads?

I will probably wait a while before doing it until everyone is sure, but it will be nice to know if I can actually accomplish it in the first place.

Thanks.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: its the emote but ridiculously small