Gaming ****Wii Firmware 3.0U****

Salamantis

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I updated my Wii (NTSC-U, DMS) with OpenWii 2.2B, but removed the chip from it's socket prior to updating. Everything works perfectly (including games).

necronzero

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Ok i made a friend update his console, and the setup discs work. directly... Wiikey team also said the update will come soon.

wow good on them for fixing the problem so quickly, they gain some respect back, but i wouldn't keep my hope on seeing the update anytime soon though.

Me neither, ill wait for more tests and stuff. cheers for the wiikey team!
grog.gif
grog.gif

bleh124

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Antigua and Barbuda
I updatd my Wii with Wiikey installed. Nothing happened. Everything worked. I have a PAL one.
Same here.
Only thing happend was that inet (wifi) was not working after update, needed to readd him.
Getting error when first starting shop channel again, everything after that worked fine
Unable to load news channel (had then after wiikey was installed) but now it does show 1 news line when in main channel but still unable to enter it (ERROR: NEWS000006)
Games working perfect, backups also, faster loading time and menu switch but still that news error
tongue.gif

:update:
That notice window i only get when i wanna do another update check so that's why some didn't noticed it i think

glorp

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi all,

I have a Pal wii + WIID

does anybody heard about what happens to that chip after 3.0 update ?

looks like I 'm the only one with a wiid
biggrin.gif

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
action replay version 1.14b PAL does not boot with the latest update on a PAL Wii directly or with gcos, freeloader version 1.06b PAL also does not work on a PAL wii either just to let you all know.

action replay version 1.05 NTSC does not work on a NTSC wii with the latest update either.

PuddingSenator

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi all,

I have a Pal wii + WIID

biggrin.gif

Since all the chips work on the same general principle it seems highly unlikely that one chip would have problems where the others didn't. And since all the other chips are reported working just fine after the update I doubt Wiid would be any different. So far the only thing that has changed is the fact that certain update/setup disks have problems booting.

necronzero

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hi all,

I have a Pal wii + WIID

biggrin.gif

Since all the chips work on the same general principle it seems highly unlikely that one chip would have problems where the others didn't. And since all the other chips are reported working just fine after the update I doubt Wiid would be any different. So far the only thing that has changed is the fact that certain update/setup disks have problems booting.

Tried Updating wii with WiiD and it bricked....

Just kiddin, i own a wiikey
biggrin.gif

My advice: GOOGLE is ur friend

Gamer

DS Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.pikaflash.com
XP
Country
Mexico
Ok i made a friend update his console, and the setup discs work. directly... Wiikey team also said the update will come soon.

wow good on them for fixing the problem so quickly, they gain some respect back, but i wouldn't keep my hope on seeing the update anytime soon though.

Me neither, ill wait for more tests and stuff. cheers for the wiikey team!
grog.gif
grog.gif

After downloading the setup discs, it seems those aren't from the wiikey team, look like some warez team did them, or i'm mistaken?

Edit: Yeah, just checked their website and that warez group made the setup discs, NOT the wiikey team

redsrule2500

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After downloading the setup discs, it seems those aren't from the wiikey team, look like some warez team did them, or i'm mistaken?

Edit: Yeah, just checked their website and that warez group made the setup discs, NOT the wiikey team

Yeah, this was fairly obvious....Wiikey team website is still the same from about a month ago. There's no way they would od that

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
the files posted by necronzero contain a virus, be cautious... the setup discs in those files are exactly the same as the ones on the wiikeys website, the only difference is there is a virus contained in the exe SO DO NOT OPEN IT, and i would recommend necronzero to remove these links imediently! or be reported to a moderator!

Chebsi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Is it important to have the speed to 3X or 6X with wiikey before the update.
(I say that because of the fact that the update changes the way the wii read the disc, so i'm afraid that if i'm in 3x, it will not read any disc after the update and there would be no way to go back to the config menu).

This is an important question, one that should be addressed.

Does anyone know what the DEFAULT drive setting of the Wii is? 3x or 6x?

I want to upgrade, but I want to set the drive setting back to default first. This kind of tinkering would be a good reason for them to block out the config discs, so people can't mess around with the timing that they have discs being read at.

Agreed, anyone know this info?

I would like to know too.

zosh

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Papua New Guinea
Since all the chips work on the same general principle it seems highly unlikely that one chip would have problems where the others didn't.
While all chips work on the same principle, they use different means to achieve their goal. Most chips influence the drive chip from outside using the serial port. They should be fairly hard to detect because they watch from outside, become active when a DVD loads, manipulating a few bits, and then go back to watching again. They leave no trace.

There are, however, some chips that inject custom program code into the drive chip and make the drive chip do the work. Those chips are vulnerable to being detected if the system can check the drive chip's memory - and chances are it can. I know the OpenWii chip uses this method, and I think I remember the Wiinja doing it this way, too (correct me if I'm wrong).

And, please note something else: The warning about modified consoles has been introduced by the 3.0 update to warn before future updates. So if anything is done by Nintendo, it will be with a future update.

manias

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
So, basically, 3.0 works just fine if you just use GCOS for the setup discs.
Only, a lot of people have also posted that their news thingy doesn't work anymore? can anyone confirm that it works fine after updating?

phantastic91

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
after updating ....this sucks!!!! we didnt get anything new....except for that clock that i dont know how to feel about.
at least make loading between channels and loading in the shop channel shorter >=/

hmm it seems loading got shorter? i didnt even noticed! ...O_O

shadowboy

:D
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
... And now we get to wait six more months for the ****ing wiikey update. You know they won't release till they hack this one. Eurasia or wiinewz had better leak the beta, or I'll be sad, I want my legit eternal darkness/ waverace working
frown.gif

HipN

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Why can't/won't the WiiKey team release the source code for the chip so others can create custom firmwares/updates for the chip? Similar to the DMS4 for the PS2 and how team Toxic made their own firmware for it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    sigh
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @a_username_that_isnt_cool, could you change your username?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i guess not...
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yawn
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    anybody here?
  • P @ PKNate:
    nope
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fun fact: 7 years by lukas graham, supermassive black hole by muse, and megalomania all have the same bpm
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    girls just wanna have fun and renai circulation also share the same tempo as the few i said before
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BakerMan, megalomania the live a live song?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    wait no, megalovania*
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    my bad
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I don't forgive you
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    The nerve of that guy, gosh.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah expecting me to forgive gtfo
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    But how could the Dr have known you didn't want to be circumcized?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He didn't you just wanted your dick to be fondled
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Watching dune 2 it's eh
    Dune one sucked
    The original with Patrick Stewart was Great
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A sexual psycopath that love pain where have I heard that before
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    In your high school diary?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No but your wife let's me read her diary the word psychopath comes up more than sexual
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: No but your wife let's me read her diary the word psychopath comes up more than sexual +1