Gaming ****Wii Firmware 3.0U****

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
for anyone who has been updated to 3.0 + wiikey, I has some question.

Do you set Region Override on wiikey setting to "on" ?

read his post carefully he said that he has never used the wiikey setup disc therefore i'm presuming nothing has been changed in the settings at all, and i wouldn't worry about a update from the wiikey anytime soon, couldn't care less about a setup disc that serves no purpose.

and just a piece of advice, i would be weary of updating right now as anything can happen in the next few days with new people updating their firmware, it's very early days now.

ziddey

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've never used gcos or looked up on it before. Can anyone tell if it'd still be able to provide access to the wiikey in terms of configuring it / updating it?

Tomobobo

Champion.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what's happening with the wiikey setup disk? how exactly is it "not loading"? Is it showing up in disk channel, but then when launched not completly booting?

virulous

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
what's happening with the wiikey setup disk? how exactly is it "not loading"? Is it showing up in disk channel, but then when launched not completly booting?

Correct, shows up as gamecube disc but when loaded gives and error. You're then forced to reboot or turn off the wii.

ziddey

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've never used gcos or looked up on it before. Can anyone tell if it'd still be able to provide access to the wiikey in terms of configuring it / updating it?

why be concerned about it now? the gcos is only for gamecube games anyway.
I understand that, but if it means that the wiikey config, which will only load with gcos now, and subsequently becomes impotent and unable to config or update, then that'd be a "bad" thing for those wanting the hopefully coming update.

and from what I'm imagining, a "brick" caused by a flash may only mean brick until the chip is removed possibly, since it'd possibly reprogram the modchip and corrupt it in some way or form. We all see how bad mod chips can make the wii not play anything, or only play backups or only play originals, yada yada. Then again, it could also mean that the wii would do something to itself eventually as well with the firmware

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
I understand that, but if it means that the wiikey config, which will only load with gcos now, and subsequently becomes impotent and unable to config or update, then that'd be a "bad" thing for those wanting the hopefully coming update.

and from what I'm imagining, a "brick" caused by a flash may only mean brick until the chip is removed possibly, since it'd possibly reprogram the modchip and corrupt it in some way or form. We all see how bad mod chips can make the wii not play anything, or only play backups or only play originals, yada yada. Then again, it could also mean that the wii would do something to itself eventually as well with the firmware

well i wold have thorght that the wiikey team would update nd bring out a new setup disc but again they don't give a dam so don't hold your breath about them providing people with a fix.

if nintendo fry our chips they can be sued for damage to private property regardless of a visual warning that not all people have seen when they update it seems.

Tomobobo

Champion.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what's happening with the wiikey setup disk?  how exactly is it "not loading"?  Is it showing up in disk channel, but then when launched not completly booting?

Correct, shows up as gamecube disc but when loaded gives and error. You're then forced to reboot or turn off the wii.
Hmm. That may mean that Nintendo's done something different regarding the way the disks are accessed. Maybe they're doing what M$ did with the 360 and harvesting data.

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
if nintendo fry our chips they can be sued for damage to private property regardless of a visual warning that not all people have seen when they update it seems.

There is zero truth to this.

yes, i think that everyone has any right to sue nintendo if they cause damage to thier console!

Anyone with a Cyclowiz that has updated try out one of the Cyclowiz firmware upgrade disks? Just curious.

Not working!

hmm i think nintendo have been busy for a while, that would explain why there has been no updates for a very long time.

QUOTE(Tomobobo @ Aug 7 2007, 09:37 AM)
Hmm. That may mean that Nintendo's done something different regarding the way the disks are accessed. Maybe they're doing what M$ did with the 360 and harvesting data.

i'm not surprised as nintendo are aware that there is "unauthorized modifications" available.

virulous

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

There is zero truth to this.

yes, i think that everyone has any right to sue nintendo if they cause damage to thier console!
I'm not talking about the right to sue, I'm talking about actually winning the case. As opposed to wasting your time and money. There is a reason why your warrentee is void when you open them up, its so that Nintendo is no longer liable for modifications of any kind.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://wccftech-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/wccftech.com/amd-800-series-am5-motherboards-launch-r...