Homebrew Wii emulation on dolphin?

pengypikmin

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok so I just got a new laptop with an intel i7 quad core processor (i'm not sure if that is the exact one but whatever) I am able to emulate a couple of games at near perfect speed, just a few audio chirps. But the only games i have tried are brawl, nsmb, and pikmin. Now im not sure what exactly is making my laptop run these games so fast. I have a desktop that is pretty fast, (i dont know the specific specifications.) But that can't run dolphin at any playable speed. My laptop is not even able to run minecraft. So why are these games running so smooth.

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes and no...

Here:

System requirements

Dolphin runs best on a computer with a 3 GHz or higher dual-core processor and a graphics card that supports the latest versions of DirectX, OpenGL, and OpenCL. Preferable graphics cards are those manufactured by Nvidia or ATI.[22] Dolphin is able to accept input from a mouse, keyboard, joypad, joystick, Wii Remote, and microphone.
Minimum Requirements:
  • Windows XP or Linux
  • A CPU that supports SSE2 (Intel Pentium 4 or AMD Athlon 64)
  • A GPU that supports Pixel Shader 2.0 (NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200 or ATi Radeon 9500)

Code:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dolphin_(emulator)

Also, I am on Dual Core user and I dont have a problem with Wii games on it. :) I rather my own Wii Console with hack but it is an educational purpose and its working wonderful on my computer. ;)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: might look for one on yt