Hardware Wii eats up disks?

Eski

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And by eating, I mean scratching.

I have a softmodded Wii, and before I got a USB Drive, I played by disks, using the Neogamma backup launcher. Lattely I've been only doing USB disk gaming, so I've been neglecting my disks. I pulled one out right now and tried to play like I did in the old days... But now it won't work! I looked on the back and it was pretty muched f'd up. I looked at my other disks and they were fine, so I doubt this is because of the packaging I put the disk in. The game in question saw a lot of use by me, so the scratches may have acculmulated.

Anyway, anyone else experienced this? Should I start backuping my my other games in the USB drive then, as a precaution?

One more thing, how many games fit into a 1TB hard drive? I suppose it depends on the games, but please give me an average number.

Goli

RPG
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Well, scratches are inevitable... Did you move your Wii while playing it? Moving it while playing via disc causes some horrible scratches, horrible.

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Eski said:
And by eating, I mean scratching.

I have a softmodded Wii, and before I got a USB Drive, I played by disks, using the Neogamma backup launcher. Lattely I've been only doing USB disk gaming, so I've been neglecting my disks. I pulled one out right now and tried to play like I did in the old days... But now it won't work! I looked on the back and it was pretty muched f'd up. I looked at my other disks and they were fine, so I doubt this is because of the packaging I put the disk in. The game in question saw a lot of use by me, so the scratches may have acculmulated.

Anyway, anyone else experienced this? Should I start backuping my my other games in the USB drive then, as a precaution?

One more thing, how many games fit into a 1TB hard drive? I suppose it depends on the games, but please give me an average number.
I bet you your Wii fell or something. Are the scratches circular? If yes, then means something kinetic happened to you wii while the dis was spinning.

I have no need for a 1Tb Hardrive personally, especially for Wii use. I use a 320 Gb Hardrive, and have 3 Partitions: 10 Gb FAT for Homebrew, 110 Gb NTFS for data I need to store, The rest Fat 32 formated with WBFS for my wii games. I barely use half that space. Unless you are a Pirate game collector, then you would be fine with a smaller drive. 1 Tb... Such overkill.

Eski

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I already have a 1 TB hard drive, so no point in getting a smaller one now.

Also, regarding the disk, most of the disk has small scratches, mostly vertical and on the edges. There is one section on the disk where there are crisscrossing scratches like tic tac toes.

Also, my Wii does fall occasionally, but iirc, then most of those times were when I wasn't playing anything.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    this is my first aurora tbh
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i mean, multiple have happened in my lifetime, but it's always been too cloudy
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    IT'S LIKE THAT ALMOST EVERY FUCKING METEOR SHOWER TOO
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You need to setup a time lapse camera, be neat
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I actually use a pic of it on my pc desktop cause its cool looking
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Apparently the pro versión of pizza boy is back aswell
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Gonna download the update
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Only 2 antiviruses detected the APK as a virus on virustotal so it Must be safe
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Cuz false positive
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Wait
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Eh nvm
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sadly, the clouds are setting in now

hey BigOnYa the clouds are coming from the south, maybe check again
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good night it's 11 pm
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    night
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @BakerMan Nuh I'm in for the night playing Fallout 4, ill look tomorrow night
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok had let dog out, and yea still can't see it, oh well. Maybe tom night.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ballocks these drives aren't allowing raid
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That sucks, well you will get double the space then atleast.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy needs to come back
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Did you try Raid 10?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I did raid69
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The physical disk keeps disabling in bios
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    hey ken did you see the aurora tonight?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    also sorry it was too cloudy, that sucks