Don Andy

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I'm kind of baffled here. My Wii seems to keep "eating" my burned DVDs. But that only seems to happen with newer games.
Two of the most recent examples are Zack & Wiki and Super Mario Galaxy. Both games worked perfectly fine.
Then, after havign played Zack & Wiki for a few days, I played some Wii Sports. Put the Zack & Wiki disk back again afterwards and bang. Disk Read Error. No other problem. Every other game still works fine (burned and original) but Zack & Wiki is effectively destroyed.

Same I got with SMG. I inserted the game and played for a while. Then I turned the console off (without taking the game out) and aftera day or two started again, only to get the Disk Error. What the hell is my Wii doin there?

Strangely enough, this also only seems to happen with newer games. Had it with MySims, too.
An older game, like Trauma Center, still works flawlessly (and it's not even burned on Verbatim).
And to add even more to it, as long as I keep my Wii running, SMG works fine. The disk only stops working when I turn it off (or much rather Standby).

I got a launch (well, German launch) PAL Wii, with 3.1e firmware and a 1.9g Wiikey.

Anybody an idea what could be causing the problem? I tried it with both Verbatim and low-quality media. Both get "fried". And it pretty much leaves my original disks working, just as it does with older burned games (which btw are burned with the same media as the current, fried ones).

MrKuenning

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it only with games left in?

The Connect24 chip in mine got HOT even on standby. I turned it off. But I wonder if the disks are getting dammaged from heat.

Don Andy

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Is it only with games left in?

The Connect24 chip in mine got HOT even on standby. I turned it off. But I wonder if the disks are getting dammaged from heat.
Now that you mention it, my Wii DOES get pretty warm, and I usually don't take disks out after playing with them, when I know that I'm going to play the same thing a day later anyway.
Gotta try that out, thanks. Would be kinda stupid on my part though, if that's it >.<

Heh, maybe the thread title should be changed to "Wii melts my DVDs"
tongue.gif

@Spartan:
I usually burn at 4x, gives me the best result. Although SMG refused to work at any speed other than 16x
So, yeah, besides SMG, all my games, including Zack & Wiki have been burned with 4x

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-