Hacking wii dvd rom needs to be unpluged and repluged in to start

kgp4death

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok i previously had a wiikey installed and then soft modded it i am on 4.1U and installed a lot of wads and stuff at this point i have no clue whats really on it.....it boots up into bootmii and into the wii no problem but the dvd is completely silent(ie doesn't boot up) it doesn't accept disks or read them or really anything. the dvdrom does start up if I unplug and replug in the data cable from the wii to the dvdrom several times. This is a replacement drive in my wii currently if that makes a difference, and the problem started after i was trying to get new mario brios working off hard drive (for level hacking/development purposes using reggie)....it is a usa system, um if we need any more info for debugging please let me know what to do and what output you need. Thanks in advance

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
You say you have bootmii? As boot2?

If so, do you have a backup from before the problem started?

thesund0g

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Do you have the WiiKey installed or did you remove/deactivate it somehow? Has it been updated?

kgp4death said:
Ok i previously had a wiikey installed and then soft modded it i am on 4.1U and installed a lot of wads and stuff at this point i have no clue whats really on it.....it boots up into bootmii and into the wii no problem but the dvd is completely silent(ie doesn't boot up) it doesn't accept disks or read them or really anything. the dvdrom does start up if I unplug and replug in the data cable from the wii to the dvdrom several times. This is a replacement drive in my wii currently if that makes a difference, and the problem started after i was trying to get new mario brios working off hard drive (for level hacking/development purposes using reggie)....it is a usa system, um if we need any more info for debugging please let me know what to do and what output you need. Thanks in advance

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @salazarcosplay, I heard herbert stopped appearing on the show