wii dvd rom needs to be unpluged and repluged in to start

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by kgp4death, Jun 9, 2010.

1. kgp4death
    OP

Newcomer kgp4death Newbie

United States
    Ok i previously had a wiikey installed and then soft modded it i am on 4.1U and installed a lot of wads and stuff at this point i have no clue whats really on it.....it boots up into bootmii and into the wii no problem but the dvd is completely silent(ie doesn't boot up) it doesn't accept disks or read them or really anything. the dvdrom does start up if I unplug and replug in the data cable from the wii to the dvdrom several times. This is a replacement drive in my wii currently if that makes a difference, and the problem started after i was trying to get new mario brios working off hard drive (for level hacking/development purposes using reggie)....it is a usa system, um if we need any more info for debugging please let me know what to do and what output you need. Thanks in advance

2. linuxares

Member linuxares GBAtemp Maniac

Sweden
    You say you have bootmii? As boot2?

If so, do you have a backup from before the problem started?

3. kgp4death
    OP

United States
    yes i have bootmii as the boot2 but no i do not have a backup sorry to say......

4. thesund0g

Member thesund0g GBAtemp Fan

Antarctica
    Do you have the WiiKey installed or did you remove/deactivate it somehow? Has it been updated?

5. kgp4death
    OP

United States
    yeah i removed it using the continuity tester seems to confirm that it was removed correctly

6. thesund0g

Member thesund0g GBAtemp Fan

Antarctica
    Your drive is probably dying then. Your options are USB loading, uLoader w/external ROM, or replacing the drive. Sorry dude!