Hacking Wii Duplicated Channel Remover (PAL version)

Mr.kuchinawa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Great stuff, but will this possibly/definetly brick the Wii if you update after installing?

I know it says so in the first post, but I was wondering how definite it is.. It's not like it's adding any hombrew channels, so...?

Marticuno

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
waninkoko said:
Nuja said:
waninkoko said:
Ok, new version is working and it removes channels completely. I'll release the executables and ISOs in 1-2 hours.

nice, thx
smile.gif

i guess, but i have to ask to be sure, is the new version removing the channels removed with the previous version ?

Of course
wink.gif

Thanks. And now the Wii is update-secure?
smile.gif

waninkoko

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Marticuno said:
waninkoko said:
Nuja said:
waninkoko said:
Ok, new version is working and it removes channels completely. I'll release the executables and ISOs in 1-2 hours.

nice, thx
smile.gif

i guess, but i have to ask to be sure, is the new version removing the channels removed with the previous version ?

Of course
wink.gif

Thanks. And now the Wii is update-secure?
smile.gif

It should.

Jdbye

Always Remember 30/07/08
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Why haven't I noticed this until now?
ohmy.gif

I've been waiting for something like this, it was inevitable now that we have Wii homebrew and Trucha Signer.

I 15%'d SSBB JAP, otherwise I'd probably have a use for this, but lots of other people who have already gotten dual channels should have use for it.

rory101

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
hi again waninkiko - i think theres a prob with the mario kart game after installing your program, for some reason i cannot DL the mario kart channel , im now in the process of using the second version brb.............................................................................
................................................................................
............................................no the screen just goes blank, have u anybody else had this problem???????

sorry if the problem is not to do with u wank, but it could just posibly be that because we should not be playing the game yet i.e b4 the release date the channel is not avaiable properly

rory101

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
no hang on wankinkiko, somebody just tol me its because i downloaded the scrubbed version, soo sorry m8 now gonna try that

regards xxxxxxx
yaypsp.gif

TylerOfBodom

Trophies
XP
Country
Hey, first post on this forum, as you'll see.
On the first page, it says do not update the Wii after using this.
Does that mean I face either having permanent duplicate channels, or stuck on firmware 3.1e?

Neversoft

Trophies
XP
Country
TylerOfBodom said:
Hey, first post on this forum, as you'll see.
On the first page, it says do not update the Wii after using this.
Does that mean I face either having permanent duplicate channels, or stuck on firmware 3.1e?
Good question! Is there a fix or workaround? Does it affect EVERY Wii that has had this software run on it or is it only affecting a minority? I'm fine but a friend of mine used used the Duplicate Channel Remover (no idea which version, does it matter?) to remove his dupe channels... I've already told him not to update the firmware until we *have* to for new games anyway but I doubt he'll be enthralled to hear he's stuck on an old firmware
wtf.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: unless nintendo is going to start selling consoles at a loss that thing won't be cheap based on...