Hacking Wii Duplicated Channel Remover (PAL version)

Glitzerstim

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
FoulPlay said:
I bielieve that you are very capable of doing this, I just don't understand how you think it is going to work. Are you removing the code? Making the channels show again? What is it that you are doing?

Be patience, all will be good
wink.gif

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Redsquirrel said:
Is there any *real* evidence that running this remover causes problems in the future?
Here's the evidence that started the panic:
QUOTE(Marcan's old statement) said:
marcan now contends that having one installed and going to an update using IOS37 will brick your Wii, giving a "The system files are corrupted" message.
I just performed some magic and confirmed that having the homebrew channel installed and installing an update to the system menu that uses the IOS37 will brick your wii, unless Nintendo specifically addresses this problem in a new system menu. There is a simple way of avoiding this: simply delete the channels before updating.

marcan's is from Team Twiizers (not sure of this), the guys who made homebrew possible on Wii in the first place
tongue.gif

Now marcan's tested it again and said it won't brick your Wii.

QUOTE(Marcan's new statement)
For some reason, I cannot reproduce the problem. I must have been too tired that night. As it stands, current system menu running under IOS37 with a homebrew channel installed does not cause bricking. Marcan 18:10, 26 March 2008 (PDT)

And waninkoko and bushing also confirmed it, so it's 99% sure that won't happen anything to your Wiis, when you'll update.

But it's still better to watch and see what happens when the new update will be released.

jeffc313

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
waninkoko said:
Maybe tomorrow I have a new Wii Duplicated Channel Remover that removes the channels COMPLETELY but I also need to test it to be sure it works fine.
Waninkoko, you just made my day! EPIC WIN!

SKY~

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
waninkoko said:
Maybe tomorrow I have a new Wii Duplicated Channel Remover that removes the channels COMPLETELY but I also need to test it to be sure it works fine.
wow, can't wait!! can new one work on U.S. version of wii with jap channel?

Marticuno

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
waninkoko said:

Great stuff. Can't wait. Thank you
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pW7LwaU1xMw