Hacking Wii Duplicated Channel Remover (PAL version)

Daimao

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
you have to use the pal version yes but i don't think padding it to gc size will help because it's in wii mode

DarkCamui

Trophies
XP
Country
xiaNaix said:
Make sure you are using the latest version of ImgBurn.

Yeah I couldn't burn this one in OS X with disk utility nor toast so I had to boot up Windows XP via VMware Fusion and use IMGBurn through there to burn it but hey at least it worked.

proview

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello again.

I found out why the ISO did not work and that was because I had multi-region set to 'OFF', so I used GCOS 1.3 to set it back to multi-region and the Wii could read the disc. I'm happy to report that all duplicate channels have now gone.

A big thanks to the maker of this program and to all who replied to my query.

Regards to all.

MaHe

one lazy schmo
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Slovenia
*sigh* I wish people read the thread they are posting in. Yes it will work. And no, I don't think there are any risks involved, despite the application messin' with the firmware.

This might sound silly -- but:

Is there a way to make ALL News and Weather channels removed? I live in a country that's not fully (software-wise) supported by Nintendo and thus, those are completely unnecessary for me (and a tad bit annoying too
tongue.gif
). So - can you remove them?

sekhrist

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Please provide source, it's a common courtesy for home brew applications, especially if they have access to the file system like this.

C

captfalcon

Does this actually remove the duplicated channels from the system memory or merely just from the GUI?, Ive found that if you run this remover a 2nd time it still finds all the channels that it supposdley removed, I'm not sure if this is because of the method which blocks channels been duplicated in the future. Im assuming the way of preventing duplicated channels is due to the fact that the wii thinks these channels are already installed as the ID's remain hidden somewhere within the firmware. Still a really nice app, finally cleared up that last screen of mine haha.

TeconMoon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cool, I'll give this a whirl. It's nice to see the Wii hacking community advancing so fast all of a sudden. Amazing programs are coming out left and right.
grog.gif
Now all that's needed is a program to explore content.bin files.
rolleyes.gif

Pikaash2586

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
After removing the duplicate JP weather channel, my original one still does not have the weather update while in its window mode. I suppose that is to be expected...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/gz90ppV7yfE?si=y1IdUB1kPvndhn5P