Hacking Wii Duplicated Channel Remover (PAL version)

waninkoko

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Pikachu025 said:
Could you in theory install this on a Wii without dual channels to prevent them from being installed? This would be great if one imports some game which does have a Dual Channel update and thus would be unable to remove it by modifying the ISO.

I think yes.

Rebound

Trophies
XP
Country
OMG THIS WORKS

yay my jap channels are gone
biggrin.gif

Shuny

I'm in yr forum, reading yr postz
Trophies
Website
www.shunyweb.info
XP
Country
France

eyeszhu

Trophies
XP
Country
Monaco
bow.gif
bow.gif
bow.gif

Please also create a remover for NTSC Jap wii, lots of us have duplicate channels result from playing US games and now living with 2 weather and 2 news channels....

If the Jap version available, definitely a big good news for all Jap wii owners!. Thanks a billion.

Dylaan

Trophies
XP
Country
You said that it updates the Wii to a 'really high version'... Is this the smartest idea? Maybe a version that just updates to the latest one? Thanks.

ryutheevilguy

Trophies
XP
Country
France
shaunj66 said:
Doesn't work for me
frown.gif
Just infinitely loops something like "START CLUSTER REPLY 0000000 0000000000000000000000" on screen.
I had the same mistake on my wii, and this morning I've found the solution on this thread: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=783...t&p=1029425

(thx a lot to Logan_)

Logan_ said:
from http://wiibrew.org/index.php?title=Twiligh...51#Installation
CODEYou will need:

ÂÂÂÂ* 1x Wii
ÂÂÂÂ* 1x SD card, formatted as FAT16
ÂÂÂÂ* 1x copy of The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess that has been run at least once
ÂÂÂÂ* 1x Computer
ÂÂÂÂ* 1x Some way to read SD cards on a computer
ÂÂÂÂ* (Optional) 1x or more GameCube controller
ÂÂÂÂ* (Optional) 1x USBGecko

Inside the zip archive, you will find several savegame files; you will need to choose the correct one based on your version of Zelda: Twilight Princess. The easiest way to check your version is to compare the text string which is on the inner cycle of the data surface with the ones below.

ÂÂÂÂ* RVL-RZDP-0A-0 JPN - rzdp0.bin
ÂÂÂÂ* RVL-RZDE-0A-0 JPN - rzde0.bin
ÂÂÂÂ* RVL-RZDE-0A-0 USA - rzde0.bin
ÂÂÂÂ* RVL-RZDE-0A-2 USA - rzde2.bin
ÂÂÂÂ* RVL-RZDJ-0A-0 JPN - rzdj0.bin

ÂÂÂÂ* If it does not already exist, make a directory called "/private/wii/title/RZDx/" on your SD card; replace "RZDx" with RZDE, RZDP or RZDJ as appropriate. Copy the above file into that directory, renaming it as "data.bin".

ÂÂÂÂ* Next, take your homebrew Wii executable, and save it in the root directory of your SD card as "boot.elf".

ÂÂÂÂ* Now, put the SD card into your Wii and turn it on. Go into Wii Options --> Data Management --> Save Data --> Wii. Find your Zelda save, click on it, and click "Erase", and click Yes. Now, go into SD card, and select the "Twilight Hack" save (the icon says "Wiibrew Loader"). Click copy, and yes. Now, go back out of that menu.

ÂÂÂÂ* Insert Zelda, and run the game. Load file A, and walk backwards.
Your SD card must be formatted as FAT16, mine was formatted as FAT32

Edit:

If you use the new version of Twilight Hack (0.1alpha3b), you can format you SD card as FAT32 (which is now supported).
If you use a previous version of Twilight Hack, your SD card MUST BE formatted as FAT16.

lettuce

Trophies
XP
Country
I dont have Zelda TWP, can i just download the iso version and run that dvd, and it will remove the channels without the need for Zelda?

philmein

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
lettuce said:
I dont have Zelda TWP, can i just download the iso version and run that dvd, and it will remove the channels without the need for Zelda?

yes just run the iso version

a big thanks to the author great app

aardvarks

Trophies
XP
Country
lettuce said:
yes m8, burn the iso to disc. pop it it in your wii an it pops up as a gamecube game, click start an away it works no gmecube controler needed. i used it on my wii to remove jap an usa channels.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    ShdwTakashi @ ShdwTakashi: pineapple belong on pizza? The answer is yes until proven otherwise