Hacking Wii Disk Loaders Issues and Answers :

OtakuGamerZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry if this problem has been asked and solved before but when ever i try to play my PAL Guitar Hero Anime Edition(custom guitar hero III) via Gamma Backup Loader v3 all i get is a black screen and i can hear the disk trying to load then stop and try again. This repeats over and over till i power off my wii to red. Then when i try via SD/USB loader v1.5 the game loads but it is in black and white and the screen and hm.. hard to describe...like flickers i can see the game but it is moving up and down the screen so fast i can't play it.

can someone help me my wii is 2.2U after downgrading from 3.4U. I have cIOS36 rev 10 installed.

someone told me that the video problem could be fixed by forceing something, but i think forcing is only possible using gamma or is there any way to force video and/or force to NTSC on the SD/USB loader?

EDIT: oopsie....yup 3.2

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
As far as im aware there are some USB loaders that are NTSC specific - someone has a thead up somewhere , but its really a case of doing research on this - also , i assume your on 3.2 and not 2.2

OtakuGamerZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the any game channel link i was looking for that, but i googled and found a usb loader that forces to NTSC and works!!

if any one is interested i got it from here

Exalador

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
This thread is really helpfull... i didn't touch my wii for about a year, and so much has changed, with the loaders being necesary and stuff, im gonna get around to getting my wii all set to play new games again, but there is some things i couldn't find in the Q&A or didn't understand:

- With the loader, i will be able to play the newest games again without updating the wii right? (keeping it at 3.2, or do i HAVE to update the wii (with another update instead of the official update?))

- The new games probably still have the official nintendo updates on them, do you need to remove these yourself? or does the loader just not install them?

- I read in the Q&A that you cannot load GC games with the loader, can you still play them with the official game channel? (both original as backup?)

EDIT- Do i actually need all this software? i have a wiikey-modchip in my wii

\Thanx in advance,
Exa

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Exalador said:
- With the loader, i will be able to play the newest games again without updating the wii right? (keeping it at 3.2, or do i HAVE to update the wii (with another update instead of the official update?))
Yes - you can keep it on 3.2 and play away - the new loaders are usb based - you can play your games from a USB drive and not have to rely on DVD - some loaders combine both USB and DVD

Exalador said:
- The new games probably still have the official nintendo updates on them, do you need to remove these yourself? or does the loader just not install them?
No the more up to date loaders bypass the updates so you can just load them.

Exalador said:
- I read in the Q&A that you cannot load GC games with the loader, can you still play them with the official game channel? (both original as backup?)
There are other apps around that allow GC games to play - check out www.wadder.net for a few wads that may help you out.

QUOTE(Exalador @ May 2 2009, 10:47 PM)
EDIT- Do i actually need all this software? i have a wiikey-modchip in my wii
No one ever needs anything except air food and water.

pangasinan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Please is there a way of installing cIOS36 on a v3.4 so that i can play back up games,i have the homebrew channel installed and WiiGators Gamma 0.3 loader in my sd card,but i cant install cIOS36 without an error occurring,is there a simple workaround for this problem,i really dont want to downgrade my firmware as i dont want to connect my wii to the internet...thanks very much.

ringorinfret

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can anyone help me? I need a channel for gamma that will do the video patching like the USB one (notably the GUI one) that enables PAL games on my NTSC console, I am not talking about the Force NTSC but rather the other patching..is that even possible on gamma??

please pm me , thanks a million times!!

trying to fix Green screen problems with certain PAL games

Golfje

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
pangasinan said:
Please is there a way of installing cIOS36 on a v3.4 so that i can play back up games,i have the homebrew channel installed and WiiGators Gamma 0.3 loader in my sd card,but i cant install cIOS36 without an error occurring,is there a simple workaround for this problem,i really dont want to downgrade my firmware as i dont want to connect my wii to the internet...thanks very much.

Check this tread that will answers all your questions

http://www.gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=112945

pangasinan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Golfje said:
pangasinan said:

Thanks but i have already looked there and could not find a solution,i am still unable to install Cios on my Wii.

Golfje

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
pangasinan said:
Golfje said:
pangasinan said:

Thanks but i have already looked there and could not find a solution,i am still unable to install Cios on my Wii.

Step 1:
Using "The Homebrew Channel", open "WAD Manager".

Step 2:
Press "A" on the Wii Remote once.
The Wii should detect a SD Card.
Press "A" again to see a list of WADs on the SD Card.
Use the "D-Pad" to select "IOS16-64-v257-prod.wad".
Press "+" to install the WAD.
Once installed, press the "Home" button, to restart you Wii.

Step 3:
Using "The Homebrew Channel", open “Custom Manager".
Using the same method as in "Step 3", install the "cIOS_Fix.wad".

Note:
If that fails to install, just use “WAD Manager” to install it

Step 4:
Using the ‘Homebrew Channel’, open ‘IOS Downgrader’. Just follow the instructions on the screen and wait until it finishes installing the necessary IOSs.

STEP 5:
Using "The Homebrew Channel", open "Install Shop IOS51".
Use the "D-Pad" to select "Yes", and install "IOS51", by pressing "A".
Use the "D-Pad" to select "Yes", and install the IOS Patch, by pressing "A".
Use the "D-Pad" to select "No", and DO NOT install the "Wii Shop Channel".

Step 6:
Using the ‘Homebrew Channel’, open ‘WAD Manager ’. Install ‘WAD MANAGER 1.3’.

Step 7:
The Wii is now able to install WADs and Homebrew Apps should work properly now.

With above steps u will be able to install i Cios36rev10

pangasinan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Golfje said:
pangasinan said:
Golfje said:
pangasinan said:

Step 1:
Using "The Homebrew Channel", open "WAD Manager".

Step 2:
Press "A" on the Wii Remote once.
The Wii should detect a SD Card.
Press "A" again to see a list of WADs on the SD Card.
Use the "D-Pad" to select "IOS16-64-v257-prod.wad".
Press "+" to install the WAD.

Step 3:
Using "The Homebrew Channel", open “Custom Manager".
Using the same method as in "Step 3", install the "cIOS_Fix.wad".

Note:
If that fails to install, just use “WAD Manager” to install it

Step 4:
Using the ‘Homebrew Channel’, open ‘IOS Downgrader’. Just follow the instructions on the screen and wait until it finishes installing the necessary IOSs.

STEP 5:
Using "The Homebrew Channel", open "Install Shop IOS51".
Use the "D-Pad" to select "Yes", and install "IOS51", by pressing "A".
Use the "D-Pad" to select "Yes", and install the IOS Patch, by pressing "A".
Use the "D-Pad" to select "No", and DO NOT install the "Wii Shop Channel".

Step 6:
Using the ‘Homebrew Channel’, open ‘WAD Manager ’. Install ‘WAD MANAGER 1.3’.

Step 7:
The Wii is now able to install WADs and Homebrew Apps should work properly now.

With above steps u will be able to install i Cios36rev10
thanks for the help Golfje,but as i said in my original post i dont want to use the internet,with these instructions you need the internet to use the IOS Downgrader.
I dont have wireless internet and i dont have a wii connector ..i was hoping there was a way of installing a cios without the internet.

Ed54

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey, I have a problem with the Gamecube Backup Launcher. I installed it (gamecube backup launcher 0.2) according to many different tutorials, using different methods such as network and WAD installation for the MIOS, but I always get the same problem. When I try to launch any games through the gamecube backup launcher, the wii tries to read the disc and then reboots. I can however run the same multigame discs by launching the game through the wii backup lancher gamma. When I do this I get a screen that says Gamecube Backup Loader v1.1 and I get to choose between the games. Some games work well, but other games that the compatibility wiki says should work don't. I have tried many things to fix this and still haven't been able to find an answer. Any help would be great, Thanks.

Exalador

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
djtaz said:
Exalador said:
Yes - you can keep it on 3.2 and play away - the new loaders are usb based - you can play your games from a USB drive and not have to rely on DVD - some loaders combine both USB and DVD

QUOTE(Exalador @ May 2 2009, 10:47 PM) EDIT- Do i actually need all this software? i have a wiikey-modchip in my wii
No one ever needs anything except air food and water.
Lol priceless answer
rofl2.gif

thanx for the answer djtaz, really clears up a lot for me, only question i have now is: are there also loaders who rely on DVD only? because my wii is not set up anywhere near my computer, (although i guess it works on a USB stick, so that prolly doesn't matter) and i guess i just like having piles of DVDs
tongue.gif

EDIT: nvm was a dumb question.. by combination you meant both dvd and usb work right?, ill just get a nice external HDD and go from there, could get a lot on 1TB . I'll get on installing the loaders etc. next weekend.
Thanx again for the answers

Chaoscontrol

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
djtaz, the links in your sig don't work.

I have a problem. I have wii with 3.2 (I downgrade from 3.4 long ago). I have the homebrew channel installed, and recently installed cIOS36 rev10. I have the backup launcher with the 002 fix. It works well, but some days ago, it stop working. When I start the backup launcher, it runs, but only the background and the title appear, and not the menu. I have to power off the wii everytime. I don't know why. Can you help me?
I was trying to update the backup launcher, but I dowload the latest version some times, and the same thing happens.
Thanks for all.

Distrance

矢澤にこ
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Any help here ? My friend keeps getting that 324 read error or whatever it was called.

Tried both DVD-R and +R. Verbatim brand.. burned with IMGBurn on lowest, and on highest speed. I think its the problem with the cIOS files but we can't find a proper cIOS file. the cIOS file included in Gamma backuplauncher doesn't install.. gets some weird error. We tried also other cIOS files we got from waninkoko's website, and he gets error like this :

Installation failed!
SUCCESS! Installation completed

I dont remember the exact words, but the 2nd last line says it failed, last line says it completed, but it doesnt work :

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: you can fap to your favorite character without it being gay