Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
djtaz said:
amrum said:
Hi every one.

Is it possible to remove all the traces left by the successive installations of loaders, IOS, homebrew channel etc... ?
Its possible using any title deleter , but if you delete the wrong thing you get a brick - its a very VERY very dangerous way of doing things and unless your totally stuck for space id use it as a last resort.

Hmmm, what files are safe to erase if i want to give back my Wii a virginity ?
smileipb2.png

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
amrum said:
djtaz said:
amrum said:
Hi every one.

Is it possible to remove all the traces left by the successive installations of loaders, IOS, homebrew channel etc... ?
Its possible using any title deleter , but if you delete the wrong thing you get a brick - its a very VERY very dangerous way of doing things and unless your totally stuck for space id use it as a last resort.

Hmmm, what files are safe to erase if i want to give back my Wii a virginity ?
smileipb2.png

That all depends on what you have installed
unsure.gif

bowser2010

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
Canada
djtaz said:
bowser2010 said:
I'm d/l some new isos but in the mean time: when I go through the homebrew channel and launch the backup loader I'm getting DVD read error 324. Does this confirm your diagnosis Mr. Taz?

error 324 is normally a bad burn - it basically means the wii cant read the disc ... which we know already before we get that error.
Sometimes its because the latest cIOS isnt installed properly , or at all , and sometimes its a low quality media , and finally its a burner issue.

I've tried 6 other games and a different type of media. Before I was using 16x verbatin dvd-r and tried some memorex now at 4 and 8x using image burn. I am getting the 324 dvd read error every time, but no problem launching any bought game. Could there be a problem with my wii drive? is there any way to test the drive or clean or some other fix? I'm really suspecting the drive. I would love another wii to try it on so I would know!!!! I'm running out of ideas and guess it's time to give up and get a mod chip unless u have any ideas taz.

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
bowser2010 said:
I've tried 6 other games and a different type of media. Before I was using 16x verbatin dvd-r and tried some memorex now at 4 and 8x using image burn. I am getting the 324 dvd read error every time, but no problem launching any bought game. Could there be a problem with my wii drive? is there any way to test the drive or clean or some other fix? I'm really suspecting the drive. I would love another wii to try it on so I would know!!!! I'm running out of ideas and guess it's time to give up and get a mod chip unless u have any ideas taz.

are you burning them all on the same dvd burner ?

bowser2010

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
Canada
djtaz said:
bowser2010 said:

are you burning them all on the same dvd burner ?

Yes I am (only one I have on a toshiba a200 laptop). I have burned both single an dual layer dvds that work great on all our dvd players. Now here is the interesting part. On mplayer I can play some commercial dvds. no dual layer ones of course but some single layer do not play. none of my burnt dvd-r single layer will not play. Is this my wii drives problem? or firmware on the pc drive? or a setting that I am missing on the pc drive or img burn or on the wii? I cant say enough thanks for the time youve put in problem. thanks again taz!

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
bowser2010 said:

use Wad Manager and install what's on my signature...!!!
smile.gif

bowser2010

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
Canada
ether2802 said:
bowser2010 said:

use Wad Manager and install what's on my signature...!!!
smile.gif

I looked at your page, but I'm at loss at what u mean. I really appreciate ur help! Do you have a cios wad for me or a link to one that will fix my naughty wii?

thnaks

BBowser

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Update on the loading problem:

I tried burning the iso with a different dvd-burner and guess what: It works!

So bowser2010, you should really try burning with a different dvd-burner and it might be fixed for you as well.

bowser2010

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
Canada
BBowser said:

So bowser2010, you should really try burning with a different dvd-burner and it might be fixed for you as well.

Thanks, I will try that. However since I don't have any dvd burner in my pocket (and also I'm still not convinced thats the problem) I'd like to exhaust anything else that it might be or that lamebrain might have missed or screwed up.

Once again I appreciate everyone's help!!! I will try to burn on a different burner and will let you know!

bowser2010

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
Canada
bowser2010 said:
BBowser said:

Thanks, I will try that. However since I don't have any dvd burner in my pocket (and also I'm still not convinced thats the problem) I'd like to exhaust anything else that it might be or that lamebrain might have missed or screwed up.

Once again I appreciate everyone's help!!! I will try to burn on a different burner and will let you know!

BTW my drive and media info:

Nero CD-DVD Speed: Disc Info
Basic Information
Disc type: : DVD-R
Book Type : DVD-R
Manufacturer: : Verbatim
MID : MCC 03RG20
Write speeds: : 4 X - 8 X
Blank Capacity : 4.38 GB
: 4489 MB
: 4707321856 bytes
Extended Information
Layers : 1
Usage : General
Copyright protection : n/a
Recorder information
Disc Status : Empty
Raw Data
Pre-recorded Information in Lead-in (0Eh)
0000 - 01 40 C1 FD 9E D8 52 00 02 85 0D 0E 88 9A 80 00 - [email protected].........
0010 - 03 4D 43 43 20 30 33 00 04 52 47 32 30 20 20 00 - .MCC.03..RG20...
0020 - 05 88 80 00 00 00 02 00 35 27 CA 76 50 0D 20 00 - ........5'.vP...
0030 - 24 00 00 00 01 00 00 00 FC 06 11 00 00 00 00 00 - $...............
0040 - 70 00 00 00 03 F9 EE FF FF FF FF FF 3D F7 C9 76 - p...........=..v
0050 - E9 F7 C9 76 D4 01 11 00 01 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 - ...v............
0060 - 00 00 00 00 0C 01 11 00 58 BA 11 00 48 02 11 00 - ........X...H...

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
bowser2010 said:
I looked at your page, but I'm at loss at what u mean. I really appreciate ur help! Do you have a cios wad for me or a link to one that will fix my naughty wii?

thnaks

SEARCH for an aplication called Wad Manager, then put it in your SD:/apps/ folder with his own folder and rename the .dol file to boot.dol (if it's not) then create a folder on the root of your SD and name it "wad", put there the file you have downloaded from my signature and then run Wad Manager in the HBC, select SD source, select the file, and press + then A to install it, when it finishes press HOME twice to reset your Wii, and now try any game...!!!
smile.gif

bowser2010

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
Canada
ether2802 said:
bowser2010 said:

thnaks

SEARCH for an aplication called Wad Manager, then put it in your SD:/apps/ folder with his own folder and rename the .dol file to boot.dol (if it's not) then create a folder on the root of your SD and name it "wad", put there the file you have downloaded from my signature and then run Wad Manager in the HBC, select SD source, select the file, and press + then A to install it, when it finishes press HOME twice to reset your Wii, and now try any game...!!!
smile.gif

thansk ether dude for help. i already have wad manger and would love to get the file from your signature. But I'm kinda of moron (in general as well as here) and for the life of me cant see your signature. I tried going to your profile and wiki but that didn't help me much. If you can me get to your siganture I'll do the rest as per your instrutions! I was able to find taz's signature btw. Maybe
its because our brains freeze way up north here
wink.gif

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
bowser2010 said:
ether2802 said:
bowser2010 said:

thnaks

smile.gif

thansk ether dude for help. i already have wad manger and would love to get the file from your signature. But I'm kinda of moron (in general as well as here) and for the life of me cant see your signature. I tried going to your profile and wiki but that didn't help me much. If you can me get to your siganture I'll do the rest as per your instrutions! I was able to find taz's signature btw. Maybe
wink.gif

see the face icon in his signature ? click that
Also , i really do think its your burner at this stage - you can try as many things as u want , but i really think its your burner, so i dont think anything will work.
Ask a friend to borrow his burner for a day - u can copy one of the ISO files u already burnt with imgburn or nero

bowser2010

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
Canada
djtaz said:
bowser2010 said:
ether2802 said:
bowser2010 said:

thnaks

smile.gif

wink.gif

see the face icon in his signature ? click that
Also , i really do think its your burner at this stage - you can try as many things as u want , but i really think its your burner, so i dont think anything will work.
Ask a friend to borrow his burner for a day - u can copy one of the ISO files u already burnt with imgburn or nero

Never would I have guess to click on that smiley but thanks both of you!!! I did dl the wad and it installed successfully but I still get the 324 if using the hbc backup launcher or the dreaded frozen click if using the launcher channel. I will try to go and use my gassy father in laws computer. he has a new hp with dual cores and dl lightscribe burner so hopefully that will work. I'll use img burn @ 8x (half the speed of the verbitins max I have) unless I hear otherwise and post my results. Hopefully this will work. Any ideas if it doesn't and I come back real depressed tommorow morning? ty to all

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
best of luck - you should be able to burn at 16 speed , but you are prob right to try 8 speed first ... ill cross m fingers for you.

wiibegamesandchi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having a problem playing games backed up through disc dumper.

1) tp hack
2) hbc
3) downgrade to 3.2
4) use disc dumper to dump iso to PC
5) use imgburn to burn to sony dvd-r
6) use gamma loader to try and load
7) flashes quick green screen then goes dark and you can hear the dvd cycling over and over but game never loads.
8) have tried multiple burns with same result. backing up Zelda-TP and Mario Galaxy.

1) have downloaded game from internet (SW-FU) and burned to same dvd-r media with same burner and works fine with gamma loader
2) store bought games load fine with loader

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

hate2.gif

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
wiibegamesandchit said:
I'm having a problem playing games backed up through disc dumper.

1) tp hack
2) hbc
3) downgrade to 3.2
4) use disc dumper to dump iso to PC
5) use imgburn to burn to sony dvd-r
6) use gamma loader to try and load
7) flashes quick green screen then goes dark and you can hear the dvd cycling over and over but game never loads.
8) have tried multiple burns with same result. backing up Zelda-TP and Mario Galaxy.

1) have downloaded game from internet (SW-FU) and burned to same dvd-r media with same burner and works fine with gamma loader
2) store bought games load fine with loader

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

hate2.gif

have your dumps the right size...?? some people said that in the middle of the dump sometimes the web browser stoped but it says that the download was succesful, I used flashget to get the dumps and it never fails...!!!
wink.gif

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
bhavinjpatel said:
i was wondering if ne one found the fix for getting the code dumber with back up launcher
I dont think the code needs to be any dumber - its fairly dumb as it is to be honest.
I presume you meant to say dumper (you see how english is fussy about words ?)

I also havent see code dumps with the launcher so again need a hell of a lot of more details - dont assume we have seen this , tell us whats happening , what firmware your on, where you got your installer , what you did , what games and discs your using , the middle name of your first born , what version of loader and what cios you used.

The more you tell us the more we can figure things out.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Right onto uremums 3d printed dildo