Hacking Wii Disk Loaders Issues and Answers :

farf21

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks djtaz, but i'm looking for CIOS Rev 7 wad versión because i think its more easy to install a wad file in 3.4 firmware using Wadmanager (IOS 16) than have to downgrade firmware to install it using a DOL file.

Elegidos, you have a DVD media Problem, Burn it again in another media.

Elegidos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks farf21 for the advice. So, even though I´m using a DVD-R Verbatim, I should use a different type? Any sugestions of which other types of DVD´s o doesn´t really matter as long it´s DVD-R for less headaches.

P.D.
So it might be just a DVD Media problem. No Software problem or anything?

Thanks again for the help.

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
@elegidos, some media (like verbatim or sony) can't be written at 1X, just 8X, 12X and 16X, if your writter can handle that speed, then buy a new one, they're not that expensive this days, and use ImgBurn to check the Disc ID, the real verbatims will show MCC00? ID, Eg. -R sometimes is MCC002 or MCC003, +R MCC004...!!!

@farf21, check my signature...!!!

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
farf21 said:
thanks djtaz, but i'm looking for CIOS Rev 7 wad versión because i think its more easy to install a wad file in 3.4 firmware using Wadmanager (IOS 16) than have to downgrade firmware to install it using a DOL file.

Elegidos, you have a DVD media Problem, Burn it again in another media.

You dont need to downgrade to install with a DOL - once you run the IOS Downgrader (which doesnt downgrade your wii, just installs the bug again - step 11 in my guide) you can install cios rev 7.
You dont need to change the version number - step 12 is actually optional , but version 3.2 is the best firmware to be on for many reasons.

@Elegidos - yeah try burning at max speed as ether said - he knows his stuff and has been with us from the start.

trick91

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Elegidos said:
Thanks farf21 for the advice. So, even though I´m using a DVD-R Verbatim, I should use a different type? Any sugestions of which other types of DVD´s o doesn´t really matter as long it´s DVD-R for less headaches.

P.D.
So it might be just a DVD Media problem. No Software problem or anything?

Thanks again for the help.

if you read the thread about all the games compatible with 0.3 Gamma, Mario Party 1:1 isnt. I had the same problem, i burned a NTSC 1:1 copy and it just gave me that message. You have to use WiiScrubber and then burn it to a disk, works perfectly then

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Extracted from the Wiki:
Mario Party 8
Works
Yes/No
PAL&NTSC-U

Decrypted also works. On 1:1 non-scrubbed NTSC, a dark purple screen occasionally comes up for about a minute after Nintendo safety warning. Everything continues normally after that. Green screen if forced PAL to NTSC. Perfect on gamma.

Super_Roo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have installed 0.3 Beta on 2 Wiis. I have copied 2 games (Wii Play and Carnival Games) that work on my Wii but not my Brother-in-Law's. Is there a reason this could be?

Also, there have been other games (Star Wars The Clone Wars, Big Beach Sports) that haven't worked at all. Should I try and install Gamma to see if they work?

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The only 2 things you really need is cIOS rev7 and either a DOL in homebrew or a WAD channel - once they both install with no FAIL message it should work fine.

Are you using DVD-R discs and what brand if so ? discs are very important and will different wii's are fussier than others are... burn speeds may also vary the respopnses from wii to wii.

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
djtaz said:
The only 2 things you really need is cIOS rev7 and either a DOL in homebrew or a WAD channel of the launcher

you missed that last part
biggrin.gif
, and if he has Wad Manager, I'll recomend my sig
wink2.gif
, so advertise it a little more Master DJTAZ, it has been tested in more than 100 Wii units at this point with no brick or fail (just the 3.4 and 3.3 users without the proper knowledge of the IOS16 trick)...!!!
smile.gif

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Yes Master ether , i did miss that , but the launcher was implied since the thread is about issues and answers for the backup loaders , but you are correct, i should have stated it more obviously for the few who cant read minds.

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hmmm - very strange. Those discs should work prefectly - only other thing i can think of is maybe burn at max and see if that works on both ?

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Exactly some DVD can be written only at 8X - 12X - 16X, the myth that burn at lower speed is the best doesn't apply to everybody, just to those with older writters...!!!
smile.gif

BTW: I'm not your master DJTAZ, I'm your padawan..!!
laugh.gif

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I have added this to the first post ... its also in my how to for quite a bit

Code:
Every single new person to the scene asks about discs. Use DVD-R discs as they are most reliable. DVD re-writables dont work 90% of the time and its best to totally avoid them if u dont want headaches. DVD+R can work , but its not a guarantee and you may waste a lot of discs trying to get them working. The best brand recommended by almost everyone is Verbatim DVD-R. Use the free program IMGBurn to burn the ISO at Max speed to being - any issues try reducing the speed (usually older drives)

and ether ... when it comes to softmods you know as much if not more than i do at this stage... and im old and forget things
tongue.gif

boobi_shabang

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
ether2802 said:
djtaz said:
The only 2 things you really need is cIOS rev7 and either a DOL in homebrew or a WAD channel of the launcher

you missed that last part
biggrin.gif
, and if he has Wad Manager, I'll recomend my sig
wink2.gif
, so advertise it a little more Master DJTAZ, it has been tested in more than 100 Wii units at this point with no brick or fail (just the 3.4 and 3.3 users without the proper knowledge of the IOS16 trick)...!!!
smile.gif

Hey guys, I'm a noob to the wii scene but i've been reading up on it over the last week in preperation to install the homebrew/backup loader etc, im currently on 3.4 firmware and just interested what is the IOS16 trick that can allow me to keep this firmware but still install gamma loader via the Wad manager???
cheers
biggrin.gif

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
boobi_shabang said:
Hey guys, I'm a noob to the wii scene but i've been reading up on it over the last week in preperation to install the homebrew/backup loader etc, im currently on 3.4 firmware and just interested what is the IOS16 trick that can allow me to keep this firmware but still install gamma loader via the Wad manager???
cheers
biggrin.gif

Firstly, welcome to the site.
Secondly , good look on installing everything
Thirdly .. for answers to you you want (its pretty simple) , take a look at the guide in my signature and check the first part on downgrading - just ignore step 12 and your done.You still need step 11.

boobi_shabang

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
djtaz said:
boobi_shabang said:
cheers
biggrin.gif

Firstly, welcome to the site.
Secondly , good look on installing everything
Thirdly .. for answers to you you want (its pretty simple) , take a look at the guide in my signature and check the first part on downgrading - just ignore step 12 and your done.You still need step 11.

Hey DJTAZ thanks for the advise, as it happens i'm gonna follow your guide/advise as it seems the most straight forward and well written i've come accross, i've downloaded your file and my SD card is loaded with the stuff, just waiting on my copy of Twilight to come throu the post! thanks for your work that makes it a easier process for the noob's!

boobi_shabang

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Can you tell me the benifits of downgrading to version 3.2 over 3.4? i've read alot about starfall only working with the earlier firmware, is it regarded as being more stable for backups etc?

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The main benifit of starfall is that it lets you recover from a lot of bricks if you have an error when playing with wad files (they can cause bricks) and it also limits things like updates from games and other things. It only works on version 3.2.

If your only planning on playing backup games and only want that on your system , skip the downgrade and just install the twilight hack and the cios+backuploader combination and be done with it.

If you plan to get more after and play with things like wad making , changing systems etc etc , get starfall and go to version 3.2

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Yeah but I'd tie him up in the females bathroom