Hacking Wii Disk Loaders Issues and Answers :

lordcelaka

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
hi there,

first of all, this is a really really good guide, thanks for compiling it along with the download package.

please forgive me if this is an obvious question or has been asked before... the 002fixgammaloader download package contains a cios36_rev7 installer. does it need the IOS36-64-v1042.wad to run? i can't find that wad file in the package.

thanks!

Furbob

Trophies
XP
Country
djtaz said:
digitydogs said:
You'll need to follow the october 23 fix instructions as your IOS's no longer contain the signing bug.
My guide already contains that fix when downgrading.

So your stuck when trying to install IOS16-64-v257-prod.wad ?
Can you see if you can install cios_fix with the normal wad manager ?
Did you rename the zelda install file when installing the Homebrew Channel ?

If you can install cios_fix with the normal wad manager you should be able to skip to step 11 and work from there.

Yes, I am stuck installing the IOS

I downloaded the twilight hack (for 3.3) from the homebrew channel site, does that make a difference?
ohmy.gif

I will try the cios_fix when I have the chance

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Furbob said:
djtaz said:
digitydogs said:
You'll need to follow the october 23 fix instructions as your IOS's no longer contain the signing bug.
My guide already contains that fix when downgrading.

So your stuck when trying to install IOS16-64-v257-prod.wad ?
Can you see if you can install cios_fix with the normal wad manager ?
Did you rename the zelda install file when installing the Homebrew Channel ?

If you can install cios_fix with the normal wad manager you should be able to skip to step 11 and work from there.

Yes, I am stuck installing the IOS

I downloaded the twilight hack (for 3.3) from the homebrew channel site, does that make a difference?
ohmy.gif

I will try the cios_fix when I have the chance

Yes that may make a difference - i can only guarantee that things work when everything in the zip are put onto the SD card and everything is run from that in order - i cant say what will happen when different files are introduced to the equation as i havent tested them.

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
lordcelaka said:
hi there,

first of all, this is a really really good guide, thanks for compiling it along with the download package.

please forgive me if this is an obvious question or has been asked before... the 002fixgammaloader download package contains a cios36_rev7 installer. does it need the IOS36-64-v1042.wad to run? i can't find that wad file in the package.

thanks!

Everything you need to get the Gamma loader working perfectly for all versions of wii is contained in the file - There is a DOL installer for the cIOS as you dont need a Wad in order to run this - just follow the instructions provided in the HOW TO and you will get it installed

lordcelaka

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
djtaz said:
lordcelaka said:
hi there,

thanks!

Everything you need to get the Gamma loader working perfectly for all versions of wii is contained in the file - There is a DOL installer for the cIOS as you dont need a Wad in order to run this - just follow the instructions provided in the HOW TO and you will get it installed

just like to report that the guide and pack worked perfectly for me, thanks! this is one of the best guides around.

i'm now running homebrew and the backup loader on system menu 3.2J (japanese wii).

really like to change my system menu to 3.2U and get english text. can i do this by running cios downgrader again and selecting 3.2U update? does the cios downgrader modify the sysconf and setting.txt file if i install system menu from a different region?

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
lordcelaka said:
just like to report that the guide and pack worked perfectly for me, thanks! this is one of the best guides around.

i'm now running homebrew and the backup loader on system menu 3.2J (japanese wii).

really like to change my system menu to 3.2U and get english text. can i do this by running cios downgrader again and selecting 3.2U update? does the cios downgrader modify the sysconf and setting.txt file if i install system menu from a different region?

Glad you got it working.
I havent tried changing regions myself but i believe others have and it seems to have worked though i cant say what they did.
Might be best to make a new thread on changing regions and see who replies as id hate to give u bad info on this one.

http://wii.waninkoko.info has a lot of files and info on the wii (like region changer) and im sure he has something there that can help. The ios downgrader is his and i know it gets the files off the nintendo site , but again since i havent done it myself i cant guarantee anything.

Id be interested myself in this just to see if its easy to be honest.

heidi22

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I bought a wii and its got Version 2.2U on it i also bought Zelda twilight Princess and i have downloaded a ton of diffrent twilight versions and the only one i could get my sd card to find was Alpha Twilight Beta 8 i get to the last screen and where i agree to the terms once i accept i get a message that says Sorry You Dont Have The Required Version of IOS (IOS21) Installed Please Update Your Wii System Software and Try Again Do you Know how to fix this:-)

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
heidi22 said:
I bought a wii and its got Version 2.2U on it i also bought Zelda twilight Princess and i have downloaded a ton of diffrent twilight versions and the only one i could get my sd card to find was Alpha Twilight Beta 8 i get to the last screen and where i agree to the terms once i accept i get a message that says Sorry You Dont Have The Required Version of IOS (IOS21) Installed Please Update Your Wii System Software and Try Again Do you Know how to fix this:-)

Yeah - your version is too old - its a bit of a work around but you can get it going.
Get it online , do a full update to version 3.4 and then follow the downgrade instructions to get it back to 3.2 again.

I had to do that on a few Wiis and it worked fine , but its a big of a long drawn out way of doing things.

arcalion

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
good evening everyone

After finding some guide to mod my wii, I finally got some free time to do it. I installed the homebrew channel, everything went fine, installed the IOS16-64-v257 with the Wad Manager 1.3, then the cIOS249-7v with the WMIOS16, and everything seemed fine. I have an Euro 3.4 wii.

That guide had some version of the loader that automatically goes to the setup screen, and my wii just freezes there! No wiimote, no reset, i have to hold on the power button to turn it off.
I played around with the 002fixGammaLoader, ran the loader there and it loads the game fine, but if i hold the "1" button to change the options, the screen freezes in the exact the same way. Just with the logo on top, the little "gator" on the lower left corner, and everything black.

Any ideas of why this might be happening?

Thanks for any help.

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Does this happen on all games or just a particular one ?
Did you re-install the cIOS in the zip file i compiled ?

well done on getting it going by the way

lordcelaka

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
djtaz said:
lordcelaka said:

Glad you got it working.
I havent tried changing regions myself but i believe others have and it seems to have worked though i cant say what they did.
Might be best to make a new thread on changing regions and see who replies as id hate to give u bad info on this one.

http://wii.waninkoko.info has a lot of files and info on the wii (like region changer) and im sure he has something there that can help. The ios downgrader is his and i know it gets the files off the nintendo site , but again since i havent done it myself i cant guarantee anything.

Id be interested myself in this just to see if its easy to be honest.

hi, after some researching i din't go with waninkoko's cios downgrader to change my region, although there are some youtube videos showing it can be done. i assume that this would change everything to a different region.

another fix, anyregion changer, has options to change just the system menu and language (to 3.2u/english) without changing the disc region (japan), and it is prefered on a wii with a modchip that would require soldering for region change.

now i can get english text while the dvd is still on japan to match the modchip region. the only downside to this fix is it may mess up the wii shop online but i don't use that.

arcalion

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
djtaz said:
Does this happen on all games or just a particular one ?
Did you re-install the cIOS in the zip file i compiled ?

well done on getting it going by the way

I'm kinda scared of installing the cIOS file in your pack, because ive made other instalation method. So from what i read i should just install the item A.Custom WM from your pack, and install the cios_fix? Any chances of bricking it? Would i still need to downgrade?

It's really weird, if i try the wiigator backup launcher, it just freezes, either if i have a game disc or not. With the backup launcher from your pack, it freezes if i have a disk and try to get into the config screen, but with no disk it loads, but looks broken. It doesnt have any image and freezes if i press launch game (appears the wii message saying to remove the disk and reboot), if i press B it just freezes.

Sometimes it just appears some random HEX numbers, but once it said something about "execption (DSI) occurred".

Atleast i can play games, but i can't run brawl at 60Hz since i can't force it.

Thanks for any help.

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I dont know whos guide you got , but if you go to the creators profile (wiigator) on this and check where he hosted the original file for the gamma , you will see it was on my server.
You will also see that my files are on my server (strangly enough) and have been since a week before gamma was officially released.

My guide was out before anyone elses and i have kept it up to date as everything has progressed. I was one of the beta testers for the gamma loader and 1000's have installed this on thier wii with no issues.

I cant guarantee anyone eles zip as i know others have created bad guides , but if you follow my guide to the letter it will work.
Most people on this site have great guides and they all work well, but i see a lot getting guides off torrents and other sites and theres no way to tell what files they have.

cant troubleshoot if we dont know what files they have so use the files in my zip and ill try to help , or ask where you got the original files.

arcalion

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for your help, but i found whats the problem.

I deleted everything, reinstalled everything like it said on your guide, and problems started to happen as i went to install the wiigator booter. I looked at my wii, and i thought "why not?", so i removed my gamecube memory cards and everything installed just fine.

It's a bug fairly easy on my console to reproduce. Try to get into the wii backup loader config screen with any gamecube memory card (official or not, tried with both) on slot B, and it freezes. Maybe you should put a warning to remove all memory cards, if you did, sorry but i didnt see it.

I'm just having a minor complain, i downgraded to 3.2E, and ran the app to update it to 3.3E, but on the system menu still shows 3.2E. Is that normal or am i doing something wrong?

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The safe update installs all the stuff that you get when you install 3.3v1 like the ios and the shop channel - but it doesnt actually update the wii's firmware so you will have all the flexability of the bugs and homebrew working and wads installing.
It basically gets the shop channel working and any games that needed ios50 to work

I didnt actually have the warning about the gamecube controllers in the guide , but i will add it in - its been discussed a few times so it should really be in there.

dannyboy_676

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I have used your files and tut. But after all, I think I havent done the whole thing the right way.
I have downgraded (at least I think, cause I see that the firmware is now 3.2).
I have done ios and cios etc.
Now I want to get rid of everything (wad's and ios/cios and the whole stuff, cause I want a clean install (and this time the rihgt way)

Can I succeed in this just by formatting the Wii??? Would there be a chance of bricking when I format and do a clean install afterwards??

Thanks in advance.
Regards,
DC

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
No - formatting your wii wont get rid of the old stuff.
If you do the steps in the right order it should be all in properly - some of the steps can be done in reverse order and wont make a big difference as long as no errors are on screen during install.

If you start again in the correct order the new installs will overwrite the old ones so it will still work that way - deleting things on a wii can easily cause a brick if you pick the wrong thing.

you can check your firmware by going to wii - settings - its on the top right.

Just start from step 1 again and try that - if your on 3.2 you dont need to downgrade again as long as you ran IOS and cIOS installer

dannyboy_676

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Well, I got an "error! (ret=-1035)" announcement!
Thats after tried to do the whole stuff again.

Initially the problems occured, I think, during the process of downgrading from step 9. "Load 6. Wad Manager in Homebrew Channel and install IOS16-64-v257-prod.wad" I never got a message saying it has installed succesfully or something like that (I pushed the A-button). Still I continued to step 10 and further (up to step 12). During these steps I never got the "Installed" message.

Yet I went to Stage 2 for the backup launcher. At Step 4. "Select number 6 - WAD manager and install Wiiish-BKUP.wad channel or Backup_Loader_ZELDA-BKUP.wad (press 1 for menu) { if you need more check out the link below }" I didnt get a confirmation message of installation.

Later on I discovered that I had to use the + button to start all the installations. Thats why I began installing some stuff again from "downgrading" but then I got the error! (ret = -1035) message.

Regards,
DC

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
go to homebrew and go to any title deleter and see what IOS's you have installed - you need ios249 and if you installed ios16 you should have that as well.

What system version are you on now ?

Also when you give errors , you really need to tell us what application your in when you get the error or its kinda pointless.

start at the start again and make sure u get no errors - no need to delete anything.

for wii - DELETE = BAD

dannyboy_676

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hi djtaz,

Im running anytitle deleter now and can see 7 so called titels.

System Titles: I see a lot of IOS (20 or so, including the IOS16 and IOS249)
Disc game titles: are 3 (RG8P, RDZP, .UPD)
Installed channel titles: HAXX
System channel titles: 8 items HA..
Games that use channels titles: none
Downloadable Game content: none
Hidden channels: (DVDX, HALP, HAKP)

So I guess so far no problem? I had 3.3E but Im 3.2E now. So the downgrade has succeeded I would say.
I shall try to do the whole stuff from the beginning. I wont delete anything.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Before @K3Nv2 can move into the garage, he has to atleast come out the closet first.