Hacking Wii Disk Loaders Issues and Answers :

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
RedHero said:
EDIT: After some more testing, I can say that Boom Blox works almost as good as Mario Kart. After a couple of levels the music will stop, and when I'm done with the level it'll give a DRE. And Mario Kart works like before now.

The games also seem to work a bit longer on the first try. The problem probably has to do with the DVD's used... since the discs are pretty cool when they go in, then start giving DRE's when they heat up a bit, and give DRE's earlier if I try a few times in a row.

Do a pi/po scan on your discs. If you get something lower than 60%, you should change something. Update your burner's firmware, use a different speed, use other media.

QUOTE(farf21 @ Jan 4 2009, 05:42 AM) Hi, I have downloaded http://www.iol.ie/~taz/wii/002fixGammaLoader.zip but it doesn´t has source code. Where i can find 002 fix gamma loader source code?

Seems that many people violate the GPL. Gamma is under GPL ==> my 002 fix version is under GPL too.(that's the version all Gamma 002 fix versions are based on)

I'm PM you the source, i guess it's my fault.

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
farf21 said:
Hi, I have downloaded http://www.iol.ie/~taz/wii/002fixGammaLoader.zip but it doesn´t has source code. Where i can find 002 fix gamma loader source code?

http://www.iol.ie/~taz/wii/002fixGammaLoader.zip - full package with everything required for the noobs (source is not in this as its large enough)

http://www.iol.ie/~taz/backuplauncher0.3_gamma.zip - original zip uploaded by wiigator with source code

WiiPower - not your fault at all - i removed the sources anyway , but they are on the server in the original zip for anyone who wants it - ill add the links into the HOW TO for anyone requesting it in the future.

nmb768

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello all. I just tryed the twilight hack and the wii states that "the data was not copied" whenever i attempt to copy from sd function.

I have followed the instructions to the letter. I have attempted three times with the same result, each time starting at the begin.

My current ver is 3.3U

Wii connect is off

512mb SD card

I have searched this forum and google for an answer to this problem but so far i can not locate any post with a simular problem.

Thanks for any help you may provide.

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
And following the instructions to the letter - did you try to downgrade and rename the files on the SD card as the instructions mentioned ?

nmb768

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yep this is what i've done so far.

"Downgrading : Getting you back to version 3.2
1. Go into the SD Card and into folder Private/wii/ and rename title to title3.2 and rename the title3.4 to title. (This is so you can use the modified zelda hack to get your wii downgraded). You must run Zelda right after you copy the hack over or the system menu will delete it and you will have to copy it over again.
2. Start up the Wii with legends of Zelda and save a game.
3. Quit the game and go to Wii Menu - Wii OPtions - Data Management - Save Data - Wii and delete the Zelda Saved File.
4. Click the SD card tab at the top (making sure the SD card is now in the wii and select US (for US) and when asked to copy to the wii system memory select Yes"
After i click yes is gives the warning not to turn the power off.

Then it says. file not copied.

So far that is where i'm stuck

Thanks for your response

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Ok - try putting it back to the normal way - that is for 3.3v2 and not the original 3.3 update - some version 3.3's are ok with the original files on the SD card - i should have added in that you should try it normally first looks like you can skip the downgrade

RedHero

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
WiiPower said:
RedHero said:
EDIT: After some more testing, I can say that Boom Blox works almost as good as Mario Kart. After a couple of levels the music will stop, and when I'm done with the level it'll give a DRE. And Mario Kart works like before now.

The games also seem to work a bit longer on the first try. The problem probably has to do with the DVD's used... since the discs are pretty cool when they go in, then start giving DRE's when they heat up a bit, and give DRE's earlier if I try a few times in a row.

Do a pi/po scan on your discs. If you get something lower than 60%, you should change something. Update your burner's firmware, use a different speed, use other media.

Sorry to bother you about this, but I can't seem to figure out how to do a pi/po scan. Googling for it didn't help either.

EDIT: Gah, seems to happen a lot... me figuring it out shortly after asking. Anyway, it says my drive doesn't support it
frown.gif

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I would think your correct with the discs overheating being the issue - wiipower was only trying to get a definative answer to the issue but i would think your right with discs - try a verbatim dvd-r disc and see if you have the same issues.

X D D X

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
QUOTE said:
Q : Do scrubbed games work on the new loader ? (driscol)
A : I believe someone was discussing this previously and scrubbed games will work on the new loader but not on the present ones we have unless they are patched as well.

So does this mean i have to patch scrubbed games for them to work on Gamma?

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
It would mean that if the question was in the gamma loader section - that question was asked in the beta loader section

****** 03 Beta Loader Section *******

so it only applies to the beta loader - the gamma loader will play scrubbed games no problems.

digitydogs

404 Error: Member Not Found
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
RedHero said:
Sorry to bother you about this, but I can't seem to figure out how to do a pi/po scan. Googling for it didn't help either.

EDIT: Gah, seems to happen a lot... me figuring it out shortly after asking. Anyway, it says my drive doesn't support it
frown.gif
If your drive doesn't support it get a new drive.... Your manufacturer doesn't want you to see how low quality of burns that drive makes, hehe
smile.gif
but seriously id get a new burner, they only run around $30 these days, and then you'll also be able to determine the best speed for your burns, and know in the future if problems are being caused by bad burns. (believe me the money you will save in the long run by knowing the best speed (and therefore not having to re-burn things is well worth the new burner price)

Furbob

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm a bit new to this, I recently got HBC up and currently running on 3.3E firmware

I'm trying to downgrade to 3.2 with the guide but as soon as I load the Wad Manager and select that im using a wii SD card, it loads but comes up with "error (ret = -1)" and asks me to press any button to restart the wii

This is the step im up to under "Downgrading"

8. Upon returning to the Wii menu , you will have Homebrew Installed (do not power down the wii if at all possible)
9. Load 6. Wad Manager in Homebrew Channel and install IOS16-64-v257-prod.wad < im stuck

Help?
smile.gif

Furbob

Trophies
XP
Country
October 23rd guide referring to http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=112945&st=0 ?

the steps to downgrade start with

Step 1:
Update your Wii to the latest version.

Step 2:
Using "The Homebrew Channel", open "WAD Manager".

Do I have to update my wii from 3.3E to 3.4?
I'm a little paranoid since I heard that its harder to work with etc :S

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
digitydogs said:
You'll need to follow the october 23 fix instructions as your IOS's no longer contain the signing bug.
My guide already contains that fix when downgrading.

So your stuck when trying to install IOS16-64-v257-prod.wad ?
Can you see if you can install cios_fix with the normal wad manager ?
Did you rename the zelda install file when installing the Homebrew Channel ?

If you can install cios_fix with the normal wad manager you should be able to skip to step 11 and work from there.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: this one