Hacking Wii Disk Loaders Issues and Answers :

zerof

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
P1kas said:
I already tried that. =[ The loader just hangs at the title screen. No options are displayed. The only thing displayed is the background where it says backup Loader gamma with the little gecko on the lower left screen.

Sounds like the problem acg12xu just fixed, well, got past. LoL

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
P1kas said:
I already tried that. =[ The loader just hangs at the title screen. No options are displayed. The only thing displayed is the background where it says backup Loader gamma with the little gecko on the lower left screen.

re-install the cIOS and make sure there are no errors - have u got the 000001 folder on ur sd card ?

actuall zerof it does .... has anyone got a step by step fix for that problem ... others may get it as well

zerof

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If the loader was checked the whole time after each change, I think the solution or rather work around might just be getting an autoboot channel.

P1kas

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, ive been reading some more. Do i need the "safe" 3.3 update for this to work? If i do then this might be my problem.

Edit: Djtaz, if that gamma loader of urs is different, could it help me?

ChaosBoi

Ushiromiya Battler
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I have a question. Can the 0.3g be able to load legitimate discs? I remember trying to boot my store bought copy of Brawl with the beta version just for the heck of using stage editor codes through Ocarina but it gives me a dvd error or something like that. It worked on Gecko OS but Gecko OS won't run on my Wii anymore for some reason so my only alternative is the backup launcher. I do not have my copy of Brawl with me right now so I'm unable to check this myself
frown.gif

zerof

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
P1kas said:
Ok, ive been reading some more. Do i need the "safe" 3.3 update for this to work? If i do then this might be my problem.

Edit: Djtaz, if that gamma loader of urs is different, could it help me?

It just skips the screen you are staring at when you put in a backup. Get an "autoboot" channel from djtaz and see what happens.

P1kas

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No. In one of the FAQ questions in one of the readme files i have it says the Backup launcher 0.3 gamma does not load double layer discs.

zerof

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
P1kas said:
zerof, would forsaekn's auto loader work?

Yes, I have that one.

QUOTE(P1kas @ Nov 23 2008, 04:50 PM) EDIT: what exactly does an auto loader do? im not really sure

Like I said, it skips the gamma config menu and boots the game.

zerof

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yessssss, I have to say though I'm quickly losing patience with all these questions. I hope it works for you but this is a work around I just stumbled upon so you might need to do more.

acg12xu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ChaosBoi said:
I have a question. Can the 0.3g be able to load legitimate discs?
It worked with the one game I tried, Castle Shikigami III. So I know it definitely can work with the launcher but I don't know how reliable it would be with other games.

zanvetto

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Ok... First I want to thank all the people that helped me.
I have one more question:

I followed all the steps to install the Homebrew channel and the autoloader (schwarzyz's loader and djtaz loader), the update included in the files and I think they were installed correctly.

My question are:

1.- If I decide not to use backup games any more and I just want to use regular original games, do I need to unistall anything from my Wii?

2.- If an update comes out what will happen to my console if I install the update right from the internet? Can I updeta it?

3.- Is there any website were I can download backup games (like funfile, Im not sure if those games works)?

Thank you for all the help you can bring me.

dazzak

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi Guys,

Been reading through and trying to make the best of it myself but have come to a grinding halt now.

I've manged to install the Homebrew Channel, and that seems fine, but when I try to do the next step - cIOS249 installer with read retry, it seems to go through the motions, with OK after each step, but then at the end it seems to fail at the point about adding ticket(?) or something.

Not sure what I am meant to do next - would really appreciate a point in the right direction.

Many thanks,

Daz.

Some more info for you - My Wii is on V 3.3E and I have installed the Homebrew channel which has beta9 & IOS36 at the top right - dunno if that info helps or not.

Thanks.

severednow

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a quick question that shouldn't be too hard. I'm still getting the 324 error and I just discovered that my backup launcher channel does run original (ie store bought) discs with no problem at all. I've tried 3 different media (maxell, memorex, verbatim. all dvd-r) and every burn speed my burner supports. I've also used nero and imgburn.

Now before I plop down the money is it safe to say that its the burner causing the issue? Seems to me this is the one thing left. Unfortunately I do not have a friend with a burner nearby to test this for me.

I know no one can be positive but does this sound right to anyone else?

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention the burner is a dell
hate2.gif
gotta thank the lil lady for that

mika

Trophies
XP
Country
France
waco66 said:
Seems DVD read error 324 is from a bad install of cios249. Used wad installer that uses ios16 to install cIOS249-Waninkoko-rev07. Fixed the 324 error.

Then some games worked with my DVD+R booked to DVD-ROM. Some did not. The ones that didnt gave me DVD read error 384. This was fixed simply by using DVD-R disks.

Hope this helps everyone.

Thanks to twinillusion, wiigator, djtaz, 4.blaze., and others
Haven't time to try with DVD-R (and currently no DVD-R at home ...)
But if error 324 seem's to come from a bad install, and 384 from a bad media, I will try again the install.

I already try again with djtaz pack, but still error 324.

A link for a working cios249 wad installer (from ios16) ? (I'm lost with all the version ...) with MD5.

I'll try on a clean and fresh formatted SD Card.

Thks !

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: That's not funny