Wii disc reading issues

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by The Cooker, May 13, 2016.

1. The Cooker
    OP

The Cooker Newbie

Newcomer
    May 21, 2015
    United States
    For a couple of years, my Wii had been making a vibrating noise when playing games. First it was with duel layered discs then with all of them (except for gcn games). Then things got worse. I installed the homebrew channel and began ripping games to an external hdd. That's when discs stopped playing and a ? Screen would appear on the disc channel.

I tried running neogamma instead but that didn't work either. Unfortunately, I accidentally selected the rebooter option to run a game with hooks. The wii reads the disc, however, it keeps making clicking noises. Now I get a black screen with an error message telling me to take the disc out and shut off the wii. Also, when I don't have a disc inserted, the disc channel has no start option. It just shows up as a blank button instead.

I think I know how I got into this predicament, but how do I fix the start button and most importantly how do I get the wii to read discs again?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice