kedest

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
I got a nice 400 KB/s using Opera.
But isn't dumping this way bad for the Wii's laser, because it's reading constantly? I remember people warning for the gamecube-mode DVD-player because of that.

zidane_genome

My sword has a +2 bleeding... wanna test it out?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
if your running a wired router, you'll have a min of 1gbit (and unless your router is over 5 years old, your gonna get 10gbit), so your just limited on read and write speeds. I'm guessing the reason we can't get higher than the 400+- is because of the read speed on the Wii... it's looking more and more like the Wii can only read at around 400kbytes/sec.

Shuny

I'm in yr forum, reading yr postz
Trophies
Website
www.shunyweb.info
XP
Country
France
Maybe the WiFi of the Wii is limited, gonna check that with my adaptater
biggrin.gif

redact

‮҉
Trophies
XP
Country
Mauritania
i think the wii must have better scratch detection when it's in wii mode, because i've just successfully dumped two games with this app that wouldn't work with the wiikey dumper because of some shallow surface scratches, once again thanks for the app nitrotux
biggrin.gif
(and sorry about the comment before)

spliffdizzle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
spliffdizzle said:
Here is a copy verbatim of what the screen shows at the end of dumping part 2.bin:

Code:
Wii disc dumper v1.0 - nitrotux
Hit A to dump part 0 to SD
Hit 1 to dump part 1 to SD
Hit 2 to dump part 2 to SD
Initializing libfat...
Initializing DVD...
fd=6 hid=5
Disc ID: RSPE01

Writing file /2.bin to SD
ÂÂÂÂ0% / 387916800 / 1174348800 / 1174994944-> 2
-> 2
-> 2
-> 2
-> 2
-> 2
Error reading sector data

FYI, this is dumping Wii Sports (US version) on a my CycloWiz chipped D2B Wii (also US version). My SD card was cleaned right before dumping this, and I've never had a problem with the other two parts while dumping, only part 2.bin.

OK, so I had the same error when using caitsith2's modified http dumper. My Wii Sports dump was 4,697,651,200 bytes. Then I suddenly remembered that I had installed the disable option on my CycloWiz. I tried dumping again with the CycloWiz disabled and my dump worked fine!
laugh.gif
Final size is 4,699,979,776 bytes.

So, any CycloWiz users out there with problems, hopefully you installed the disable wire when putting it in.
lecture.gif

I feel stupid for not thinking of this sooner...
wacko.gif

Doles284

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
First post on this forum!
I would love to get the wifi disc dumper working but I have some questions about IOSes:
Is IOS5 safe? has anyone had any problems?
If it is safe, and there are no problems, why is it desirable to remove it? because it's detectable by BigN?
Can the nintendo official IOS be recovered by updating again from, say Mario Kart Wii?
Are IOSes region sensitive?

I'm all wiikey'd up so does that make my IOS easier to recover or fix if something goes wrong? I have backed up all my games with the wiikey disc dumper, shall I stick to it? I only backup games I own (not on a high horse, just not into piracy) and would like a quicker, easier way to do it as I run ubuntu and wiikey tools are made for winblows, I have a workaround to make it work but would love to be able to pull the iso in one hit.

These questions are based on my understanding of IOSes, please correct me if terminology is incorrect.

My wife would kill me if I bricked the wii.

Thanks all!

mrplowdan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Doles284 said:
Is IOS5 safe? has anyone had any problems?
Relatively safe, I don't think anyone has been able to remove it.

Doles284 said:
If it is safe, and there are no problems, why is it desirable to remove it? because it's detectable by BigN?
yes it could be detectable via an update by BigN although they MAY not do anything, it would be good to be able to remove anything you install on your Wii thats not released by Nintendo for safety's sake.

Doles284 said:
Can the nintendo official IOS be recovered by updating again from, say Mario Kart Wii?

IOS5 isn't a real nintendo IOS its a new number so no Mario Kart won't overwrite it

QUOTE(Doles284 @ Jul 21 2008, 02:57 PM)
Are IOSes region sensitive?
I think so... but I'm not sure

Just install Waninoko's cIOS as the new version of the httpdumper supports it and Waninoko's cIOS is uninstallable

caitsith2

Trophies
a secret location 93 million miles from the sun
Website
www.caitsith2.com
XP
Country
Canada
Ok, for those that can't use the httpd version of the iso dumper, I have rebuilt the SD version with ios5/ios249 support. http://caitsith2.net/wii/wiidumpsd_1.3_unofficial.rar. Some of the reasons that one might not be able to use the httpd version, is being unable to configure and pass the connection test. (The Wii will not let you use a given connection setting if it does not pass the connection test on that setting.)

zidane_genome

My sword has a +2 bleeding... wanna test it out?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I've successfully dumped Mario Kart Wii, Wii Sports, Mario Party 8, Zelda, and Brawl. It's perfectly safe!

edit:
spelling correction

muzz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I registered to say thank you to everyone involved with this piece of work, and all pieces of work that it took to get to this point. I had grabbed some binaries for Dolphin today and wanted to rip my copy of Midway Arcade and Soul Calibur II. I only ripped SC II and used the httpd version. I had between 500-530/kbps and it took less than an hour for the 1.4GB image. I loaded it up in Dolphin with no problem....granted the emulation wasn't 100% I still feel the image was solid. I used a wireless infrastructure setup for the transfer with Firefox 3 while eating ice cream, made for a great evening!

mrplowdan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Sportsmaniac1322 said:
What's the difference between the SD dumper caitsith2 released and the one waninkoko released?
Wanikoko's worked but not really, it would dump the first file but then when moved the files to your computer and tried the second part it would fail because evidently the libfat library has bugs where if the filesystem changes it won't remount properly (that needs a reference but I'm too lazy to search this thread), upon restarting the program your faced with restarting on the first file again. On caitsith2's SD dumper you can restart the program and select to start on the second file.
I'm not sure if these bugs have been fixed as I have been using the http method with much success

Marby

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i am using the http version and i am getting about 200kb why is that?
1.my wii is next to my router
2.i disabled the protocols that i don't need i left tcp/ip only checked on my computer
3. i have waninkoko's cios 249 and ios5
4.i use the latest version of http dumper that uses waninkoko's cios 249
5.my router's channel is 11 and i disabled unnecessary features.
so why is this happening i am trying to dump ssbb dl and it is so slow
ps i am using firefox 3

Doles284

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok thanks mrplowdan, I think I'm going to go ahead with IOS249, can a PAL user on the site please confirm that it is usable and removable i.e "IOS37-64-v2070.wad" and the wifi disc dumper. I already have wiihttpd working with hosting web pages, so I know that part works.

Do you think it's a good idea to disconnect the ADSL line from my router while this IOS is installed? Or unnecessary?
Is the custom IOS only detectable by Nintendo when they do an update?

kedest

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
I'm a PAL user and I've successfully installed IOS37-64-v2070.wad and I've used the http dumper to dump 3 gamecube games, it's working just fine.
No need to disconnect internet during installation, it will only take a couple of seconds

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    ^^ This :rofl2:
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Deeze nuts
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ,
    i didnt feel very well in school cuz there was too much noise for me to handle
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also im gonna redownload touhou 8 bc the other day i accidentaly deleted it (and also try to beat it with other characters and harder difficulties)
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Sensory overloads suck.
    +2
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I totally get that.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Pro ultra tip: eat a bunch of Skittles or imitation gold flakes before leaving a duece in the shower for girlfriend, makes it flashy and classy.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Lol that guy is funny! Following.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    im back. i had to help my mom with some documents
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, i tried to "neutralize" the noise by hmmmm'ing but people told me to shut up
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    and i was covering my ears
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Do not resuscitate form? Jk nvm
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Humming will never cover the sound of a fart
    +3
    Although if you can harmonize the humming and your own fart.... It could be a new form of music
    +2
    Maybe throw in some mumble rap
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You gotta practise, and know the tone of your farts, then you can master the skill, young grassfarter
    +2
    A new J Lo song is born
    +1
    Sure it's shit but the live concert, you can practically smell her enthusiasm
    I bet people would actually pay to see her farting into a microphone
    At the end of the concert she rips the foam rubber part of the microphone off and throws it into the crowd a lucky fan snatches it starts sniffing it vigorously!
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: At the end of the concert she rips the foam rubber part of the microphone off and throws it into...