Hacking Wii disc dumper v1.0 released by nitrotux

WiiCrazy

Be water my friend!
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
I used the one that integrated into the wiihttpd server, using flashget with nearly constant 400-450kbps it finished dumping wii sports. I burned the iso and it was good
smile.gif
It took 2 hours and 55 minutes or so.

kedest

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
i can't get it to work. my ftp client says it can get connected, but it's waiting for the welcome message. but nothing happens and after a while it times out.

WiiCrazy

Be water my friend!
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
kedest said:
i can't get it to work. my ftp client says it can get connected, but it's waiting for the welcome message. but nothing happens and after a while it times out.

did you install ios5.wad? And if it's a smart client you should probably limit the connections to that single connection is open to the server. Interestingly it didn't work for me with IE but it was ok with flashget (I limited the thread count as 1)

kedest

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
ah, that ios5 may be the problem, as I didn't install it. Because it's such a low number, I assumed it's an old ios that came with a retail game long ago.
But apparantly that's another custom ios, like the ios249?

56killer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hi I'm new here can anybody tell me how can I tell if a wii game is DL or SL.Or tell me if theres a wiki or thread about which type is each game.
Please and Thank you

kedest

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Shuny said:
ios5 is the first custom IOS released. IOS249, from Waninkoko, is a copy of it.

Ah I see, thanks. Guess I'll wait then untill either waninko's dumper will support network streaming, or untill this dumper will use ios249, because that one can be uninstalled

QUOTE(56killer @ Jul 20 2008, 01:44 AM) Hi I'm new here can anybody tell me how can I tell if a wii game is DL or SL.Or tell me if theres a wiki or thread about which type is each game.
Please and Thank you

Well that's easy. If the game is super smash bros brawl, it's dual layer. If not, it's single layer.

nitrotux

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have not tested this code, but I think it should allow the disc dumper to autodetect if you are using custom IOS 5 or custom IOS 249.

CODEvoid init()
{
ÂÂÂÂif (IOS_ReloadIOS(5) < 0 || IOS_ReloadIOS(249) < 0)
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ{
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ printf("Error launching custom IOS. Dumping will not work!\n");
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ }

ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ ...
}

WiiCrazy

Be water my friend!
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
More easy way for dummies,
1. open boot.elf of wihttpd in hex editor
2. locate A8 38 60 00 05 hex string (that 05 is just at exact location 00019097 (hex) )
3. change that 05 to F9
4. save and close

now your wiihttpd uses the IOS 249

just recompiled it changing the ios init call and taken the binary diff of the original and recompiled versions.

caitsith2

Trophies
a secret location 93 million miles from the sun
Website
www.caitsith2.com
XP
Country
Canada
Just updated the binary again. Now attempts to load IOS 249, and if that fails, attempts IOS 5. (I ended up doing it that way, to make sure that the failure to load IOS 249 was not catastrophic. (black screen)). Works out quite nicely. If neither of the IOS versions load, then it functions just like wiihttpd without the modifications, and attempts to access do-wii-sl.iso, do-wii-dl.iso and do-gamecube.gcm all return 404s in that instance.

WB3000

Trophies
Website
wb3000.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
caitsith2 said:
Just updated the binary again. Now attempts to load IOS 249, and if that fails, attempts IOS 5.

Nice, do you have a place where you are hosting the binary, or has it been updated in a previous post?

spliffdizzle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't seem to get the downloading of the .iso/.gcm files to work. I've IE7 and Firefox 2.x. At least on Firefox, the page gets served with links for the .iso/.gcm. but when I click them I get an HTTP 1.1/404 Not Found error. On IE7 the page won't even display unless I paste a link straight to one of the .iso's, like "http://192.168.0.15/do-gamecube.gcm". Then the page shows up but the links don't work. Any ideas (besides try Linux with Konqurer or some other smart-butt comment)?

caitsith2

Trophies
a secret location 93 million miles from the sun
Website
www.caitsith2.com
XP
Country
Canada
Seems Waninkoko's IOS249 is broken, as far as using it with this program goes. I have reupdated the binary again, back to IOS5 only. It is the only version I am supporting at this point. (I even stuck in some debugging lines to assure that the function was being called, prior to the 404, and it was indeed being called, but DVD initialization always failing when IOS249 was used. THe moment I switched the code back to IOS5, it worked like a charm.

zidane_genome

My sword has a +2 bleeding... wanna test it out?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
spliffdizzle said:
I can't seem to get the downloading of the .iso/.gcm files to work. I've IE7 and Firefox 2.x. At least on Firefox, the page gets served with links for the .iso/.gcm. but when I click them I get an HTTP 1.1/404 Not Found error. On IE7 the page won't even display unless I paste a link straight to one of the .iso's, like "http://192.168.0.15/do-gamecube.gcm". Then the page shows up but the links don't work. Any ideas (besides try Linux with Konqurer or some other smart-butt comment)?

Right Click on the option you want, and Save As... you can then rename it to the title of the disc, but make sure you put the .gcm/.iso at the end!

spliffdizzle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
Seems Waninkoko's IOS249 is broken, as far as using it with this program goes. I have reupdated the binary again, back to IOS5 only. It is the only version I am supporting at this point. (I even stuck in some debugging lines to assure that the function was being called, prior to the 404, and it was indeed being called, but DVD initialization always failing when IOS249 was used. THe moment I switched the code back to IOS5, it worked like a charm.

It does work now, thanks caitsith2! I'm getting anywhere between 310-430kb/s through my Linksys WRT54G router (PC is hard-wired to the router, Wii is wireless) in Firefox. IE7 is slower, only going about 275-300kb/s. Opera 9.51 is giving me pretty good speeds, from 300-325kb/s on average.

IE7 still doesn't serve up the page though, but it does download the file if linked directly in the address bar...

nitrotux

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
caitsith2 said:

PKGINGO said:
i think thats cuz nitrotux renamed /di to /do or something like that in ios5

Ahh yes, I forgot about that little "failsafe" option of mine
smile.gif

This should fix it:
Code:
bool WDVD_Init(int ios) 
{ 
ÂÂÂÂif(di_fd >= 0) return 1;

ÂÂÂÂif (ios == 5)
ÂÂÂÂÂÂdi_fd = IOS_Open("/dev/do", 0);
ÂÂÂÂelse
ÂÂÂÂÂÂdi_fd = IOS_Open("/dev/di", 0);

ÂÂÂÂ...

CODE
int ios = 5;

void init()
{
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ
ÂÂÂÂif (IOS_ReloadIOS(5) >= 0)
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂios = 5;
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂelse if (IOS_ReloadIOS(249) >= 0)
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂios = 249;
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂelse
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂios = -1;

}

bool initdvd()
{
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ...

ÂÂÂÂif (WDVD_Init( ios ) == false)
ÂÂÂÂ{
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ ...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Yep, something like that.