Hacking Wii D2Ckey questions

Kingfield

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I couldn't find anything regarding a few questions I would like to ask and here they are:

Apparently you can upgrade the firmware without a risk of brick, as long as you do it through a Japanese game or the Online system update. Is this true?

D2Ckey I have heard (or misunderstood) has some Region Overrider or something, and you do not need to patch ANY games even if they are a different region. Is this true? If so, does that mean that it can play any games, including those listed as not playable as a patched rom (From PAL or NTSC-U to NTSC-J)

Also does this region overrider thing have a feature that stops other region games from updating and therefore stopping the chance of a region brick?

There are a few more questions but none come to mind right now so I will add some later.

dreadbread

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
they say a Jap game update is fine on a Jap Wii. like Jap Mario Galaxy is used to fix broken settings channel. not sure about online though.
you will still need to patch BrickBlocker on some games. that list seems correct. unplayable games for NTSC-J in that list are still unplayable even with a D2Ckey. I have a D2Ckey with a 3.0J Wii but an unpatched US Fire Emblem and US Mario Galaxy does not work for me just like what the list says.
for the last question, i think not. i have a D2Ckey but i was still asked for an update with unpatched (RegionFrii or BrickBlocker) US games such as Metroid Prime 3 and Fire Emblem.

Mirato

Trophies
XP
Country
Hey guys, i dont know if this is an appropriate thread to ask this (didnt want to create a brand new thread), but I am selling my pal wii, too fed up with the waiting times for some games to get here and some games just dont work even with a pal wii and wiikey.

I should be getting a NTSC wii. The dude i'm getting it from emailed me the serial number.

LU52215565

I think its missing a last digit, but even so can anyone confirm if with this will work with a D2Ckey or a wiikey?

Any help would be great, and again sorry if i asked this in the wrong place, Thanks.

Mirato

Trophies
XP
Country
Hmmm Does that mean i can get a wiikey?? If so, that'd be great!! seeing as instalation for a d2ckey would cost me a lot more than getting a wiikey installed.

btw thanks alot dread!!!

dreadbread

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
semi bricked - broken settings channel or duplicate news and weather channel or both
bricked - behaves like a brick, literally.

Mirato

Trophies
XP
Country
Ok guys i have an NTSC wii, I typed in the serial number into the Wii Tracker. This came up...

Your Drive Chip is most likely GC2-D2B.

Your Drive Pins are most likely cut.

What chip do i need... Please say wiikey!!!!!!!

ZeWarrior

TheWarrior
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
Ok guys i have an NTSC wii, I typed in the serial number into the Wii Tracker. This came up...

Your Drive Chip is most likely GC2-D2B.

Your Drive Pins are most likely cut.

What chip do i need... Please say wiikey!!!!!!!

I think you can use a Wiikey, but the install will be fairly difficult because the drive pins are cut.

Mirato

Trophies
XP
Country
WAHOOOOOOOOOO!!! Thank you sooooooooooooo much, i just bought an NTSC one off ebay, for the same price i got my pal one for... so wicked. Need to get rid of the pal one, should be fairly easy. Thank god man, and thank you also for the info. It costs soooo much more to get the D2c installed. I know someone who can get it done for £30 so its all good.

Thanks again!

Kingfield

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
erm could you please not hijack my thread
ohmy.gif
lol. seriously though, could someone answer my question?

Kingfield

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Lol okay, by the way my Wii has a problem i suspect it is from the power adaptor but just making sure, the second I turn it off, you see the blue light and the LED turns green, but straight after that brief flash like shown in the youtube vid u posted it goes back off (red LED). Has anyone ever experienced this problem before (I havent actually tested the Wii with this specific Power Adaptor before).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnRVIC7kS4s