Hacking Wii corrupt message board

Aeladya

*mistressOFtheCLOW
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well my Wii gave me this random message saying that the Wii message board is corrupt and that message board repaired although some messages and addresses may have been lost. So I know I probably have to format my Wii. The problem is that I have the Twilight Hack on it (It's either version 3.3 or 3.4...not sure which, I'd have to look it up.) and I've read that formatting the Wii with this stuff will brick it. Is there another way to fix it?

Oh and out of curiosity, is there a way to update Wii Shop Channel without updating my Wii? I kinda want the free internet channel just to play around with it (even though I have a laptop...). I heard you could use WIISCU, but it supposedly causes more damage than it's worth. Thanks!

D

Deleted-171178

Second Question:
Use Wii Shop Channel Updater.
Also, it won't brick the wii, formatting it.

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
The twilight hack is just a save file, it shouldn't do anything at all
and the versions are called beta1 and 2, not 3.3 and 3.4

Is there anything wrong with the message board now? (I mean can you access everything?)

and WIISCU needs Wifi so you're better of with an update

Aeladya

*mistressOFtheCLOW
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tj_cool said:
The twilight hack is just a save file, it shouldn't do anything at all
and the versions are called beta1 and 2, not 3.3 and 3.4

Is there anything wrong with the message board now? (I mean can you access everything?)

and WIISCU needs Wifi so you're better of with an update

I know that, 3.3 and 3.4 would be what version update I have on the Wii currently. I wasn't talking about the Twilight hack versions.

I was able to access the messages, but I haven't tried sending one yet, I just wanted to know just in case I had to format my Wii (which I heard might have to happen because others who have had this message had to do so).

I do have Wi-Fi. We have a router. I don't want to brick my Wii by updating it and using the Bannerbomb hack to get my homebrew channel running again. I use it for some cheat codes on Resident Evil 4 when my sister wants to play (since she's too afraid play normally) and to play games region free so I don't want to lose that.

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Formatting the Wii is a no-no mainly if you have Preloader installed. But I'd avoid doing it anyway since it can make it hard to reinstall the HBC.

And updating won't brick your Wii either.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SMG4 @ SMG4: hi