Gaming Wii Component help?

  • Thread starter Thread starter sennight
  • Start date Start date
  • Views Views 13,913
  • Replies Replies 8

sennight

New Member
Newbie
Joined
Aug 18, 2012
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Trophies
0
XP
1
Country
Canada
Sorry if this is n00b or has been adressed before, but I've got a Samsung UN46D6000 LED HDTV with a strange AV/Component adapter to use in the back of the TV. When I used it to hook my wii in with a component cable I bought for it, the screen comes out green and with a low buzzing noise.

Now I've checked, multiple times, the connections of the adapter to the cable and they're all where they're supposed to be, so it's not like I've set it up wrong.

Is it the cable I have (since its not the official nintendo component cable)? Or perhaps something TV related, since Samsung seems to want to make my life hell?
Should I give up ever hoping of playing The Last Story in 480p?

I've also bought a PSP component cable and it's had the same sad fate as my Wii cable too (as in, neither of them work properly).

Thanks in advance for any and all help.
 
Hmm.. this issue happenned to me once when I wrongly hooked up the Wii component cables and my DVD player would playback some distorted green ass shit. Now the only thing I can think of is to make sure you have your TV switched to the proper mode. If you have the component in the right place then the component "mode" should be available. Make sure you don't have it under AV or whatever. Also check your wii settings and set it to 480p
 
Yeah I have almost the same Samsung model, and I also have to use that adapter you mention. It works as expected for me ( on both Samsungs actually ) , so even though you already did that, I would recommend you to check your connection again, making sure that the cable's color matches the adapter's ( yellow-green-blue ttc.. ) and make sure they are properly plugged in.
The way you describe the problem, sounds as if you got the wrong connection ( like blue to red instead of blue to blue etc.. ) or maybe your 3rd party component cable has a different color coding, in which case try to switch them around a little.
Also don't forget to enable 480p in your Wii menu !
 
3rd party cables have a very bad reputation of being faulty. Some just go to a black screen for a few seconds on occasion, some distort the color, and some don't show the image correctly at all. Obviously not every single set is bad, but you are far more likely to get a good cable if you buy official.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 1 person
I've been using this component cable from Monoprice... looks great and may be even better quality than the overpriced Nintendo cable. Have even bought a few for friends....
 
Thank you everyone, your input's been great. I guess the most I can do is poke around for another cable, or swap around the colours some more :/
 
I bought a cheap cable on ebay and after a while the screen gets a green tint. If I unplug it from the wii and replug it in, it fixes it temporarily.
 

Site & Scene News