Hardware Wii-Clip discount for GBAtempers

amemoryoncelost

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
So with me having an early(first week model) wii, what do I need to use a wiiclip? Anyway for me to get in on this deal. Sorry for not reading through a few hundred replies, I'm on dialup and haven't had time to keep up with all the happenings in the wii scene

hippyharry

Trophies
XP
Country
Hey guys.

Sent you's a wee question using the "Ask us a question" feature on your site under the "Contact us"

I bought mine in January 2007. Just curious to which clip and chip id need. My first guess is the V3 clip with the Wiikey, but im not 100% sure.

Any help?

Thanks

redpantel

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have some questions for Oz.

1. Does the d2pro9 v2 (for d2c2) is bug free when installed with a Wii-Clip? Because I know there are some with a solder install, like eject issues, SSBB not working (now solved), killing drives, etc? If it is bug free, installers should start using the clips since they're better
tongue.gif
!

2. Can a d2c2 system play gamecube games (I'm sure it can, but the korean wii cannot and it is also a d2c2, so just to be sure)?

3. For the package with the d2pro9 soldered on the Wii-Clip v4C + Triwing, does the ribbon cable for the updates come with it (it's in the picture but nowhere in the description)?

4. I'm curious and perplexed as to why you suggest not to use the color cardboard thing to prevent short circuits and instead recommend taping the chip?

5. Does the coupon work even if I buy both the package I mentioned and the d2prog or is it for an order of the package only?

6. Is there an option for the programmer and the USB cable only (without the SPI flash)? Not that is a problem since the price is cheap, but the SPI flash is just useless for the d2pro9 v2.

Without forgetting to thank you for the discount...Thanks
wink.gif
!

P.S. I didn't want to buy a Wii-Clip nor a d2pro9 v2, but if you answer all these questions, you'll convince me in buying from you!

OzModChips

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Chanser said:
Got mine today, installation was a breeze. Had a few teething problems but I managed to sort it out.

Thanks OzModChips.
smile.gif

Helo
care to share what was wrong?

amemoryoncelost said:
So with me having an early(first week model) wii, what do I need to use a wiiclip? Anyway for me to get in on this deal. Sorry for not reading through a few hundred replies, I'm on dialup and haven't had time to keep up with all the happenings in the wii scene

Wiikey one is fine $59 aud or so delivered
Most installers will install it for this much though - and since your warranty is up......

hippyharry said:
Hey guys.

Sent you's a wee question using the "Ask us a question" feature on your site under the "Contact us"

I bought mine in January 2007. Just curious to which clip and chip id need. My first guess is the V3 clip with the Wiikey, but im not 100% sure.

Any help?

Thanks

We answered the question right?

QUOTE(redpantel @ Jun 11 2008, 01:07 PM)
I have some questions for Oz.

1. Does the d2pro9 v2 (for d2c2) is bug free when installed with a Wii-Clip? Because I know there are some with a solder install, like eject issues, SSBB not working (now solved), killing drives, etc? If it is bug free, installers should start using the clips since they're better
tongue.gif
!

2. Can a d2c2 system play gamecube games (I'm sure it can, but the korean wii cannot and it is also a d2c2, so just to be sure)?

3. For the package with the d2pro9 soldered on the Wii-Clip v4C + Triwing, does the ribbon cable for the updates come with it (it's in the picture but nowhere in the description)?

4. I'm curious and perplexed as to why you suggest not to use the color cardboard thing to prevent short circuits and instead recommend taping the chip?

5. Does the coupon work even if I buy both the package I mentioned and the d2prog or is it for an order of the package only?

6. Is there an option for the programmer and the USB cable only (without the SPI flash)? Not that is a problem since the price is cheap, but the SPI flash is just useless for the d2pro9 v2.

Without forgetting to thank you for the discount...Thanks
wink.gif
!

P.S. I didn't want to buy a Wii-Clip nor a d2pro9 v2, but if you answer all these questions, you'll convince me in buying from you!

1. i havent had a dead drives, and we have installed over 200 these last 10 days. Eject issues, i havent had one yet with wiiclip. Its not really firmware related, its the whole 'noisy drive' thing. Its the way you route the wires

2. yes

3. Yes, all d2pros come with update cables

4. You can if you want. the D2pro has 2 leds that you can see from the DS card slot. If you ever wanted to see if there was an issue, you cant really see them if you have a giant piece of paper over the top.

5. It works on almost anything in the store. As long as you have a wiiclip in the order, then its fine. If it doesn't thats when we cancel the order Someone the other day tried to use it for a modchip installation in australia
frown.gif
People just google 'ozmodchips discount coupon' and chuck in anything.

6. The SPI is free anyways, you arent paying more or less for it. Like the Free rumble pack with the M3 Real...no one uses it, but its free.

teachme

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hello everyone.
Thanks for this great thread. After checkin all posts in here im still a little confused. Maybe someone can help me out:

I got a brandnew PAL wii with SN LEH187XXXX. SN-Tracker says that There is a 50% chance that your drive chip is a GC2-D2C and There is a 50% chance that the pins on your drive chip are not cut.

1) Does this mean the bundle Wii-Clip V4C, D2Pro soldered on + Triwing Screwdrive from OzModChips is suitable for my console or is there a problem because of possibly cut pins or the fact that this is a PAL-Version.

2) Will I have to solder anything to get this thing regionfree

3) Is the coupon valid for this set because the link in post 1 is directing me to the V4 version

Hope you guys understand my english.
Greetings from Germany

OutlawGamer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Got Mines Today, Nice And Simple

"Wii-Clip v2 (Solderless interface for Argon)"

As Stated In Web Page

Opened Wii, Clipped It On, Closed Wii, Tested My Games,

Wii And GameCube All Worked

*Side Note, Ganna See It I Can Do My Smash Bros And Mario Kart,
After I Do Research In Getting It To Load On 1 DVD For Smash Bros And Then Onward To Mario Kart.

Thanks

Ozmodchips

OzModChips

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
teachme said:
Hello everyone.
Thanks for this great thread. After checkin all posts in here im still a little confused. Maybe someone can help me out:

I got a brandnew PAL wii with SN LEH187XXXX. SN-Tracker says that There is a 50% chance that your drive chip is a GC2-D2C and There is a 50% chance that the pins on your drive chip are not cut.

1) Does this mean the bundle Wii-Clip V4C, D2Pro soldered on + Triwing Screwdrive from OzModChips is suitable for my console or is there a problem because of possibly cut pins or the fact that this is a PAL-Version.

2) Will I have to solder anything to get this thing regionfree

3) Is the coupon valid for this set because the link in post 1 is directing me to the V4 version

Hope you guys understand my english.
Greetings from Germany

1. yes, wiiclip is the one for you. Wiitracker is not working, hasn't been updated, needs to be fixed. Your drives pins are not cut. If you bought a wii in the last 6 months, in D2C, gaurunteeds.

2. No, all you need to do is insert an original game (PAL), and it will set the correct region override on

3. Yes, its valid, sorry, i haven't updated the original post.

Your English is perfect
smile.gif

Chanser

:o
Trophies
XP
Country
Monaco
The Wii didn't boot any backups, so kept on removing the clip on and off. I think I pressed the clip too hard, but the chip blinked away and still didn't boot. So I removed it, re-applied it firmly but not too hard and it worked.

Is there a LED guide for the chip?

I've also heard that this chip is running D2C2 v2 firmware, is that true?

OzModChips

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
There are 3 or so firmwares on there. Modchip detects what type of wii you have, and then works for that wii.

When the wii is turned on, its will blink red then blue really quickly - thats the modchip reseting the drive
When data is being read, the blue LED is blink

when the modchip is not installed correctly - the LED will stay a constant red

I should probably put some of this info up on the wiki shouldn't I?

teachme

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
OzModChips said:
1. yes, wiiclip is the one for you. Wiitracker is not working, hasn't been updated, needs to be fixed. Your drives pins are not cut. If you bought a wii in the last 6 months, in D2C, gaurunteeds.

2. No, all you need to do is insert an original game (PAL), and it will set the correct region override on

3. Yes, its valid, sorry, i haven't updated the original post.

Your English is perfect
smile.gif

Thanks alot for your help! You are a great suporter. I will place my order at your shop right away.

Happy Time!

C

cloudspear

i received my wii clip v4c with d2pro d2c2 soldered on from ozmodchip. took more than one week to get to my place (usa) so pretty good delivery time. also delivery was free since i used the code he give out on wiinewz. it was a very easy installation. the only hard part was taking out the wii case and remember which screw go where. i update it with the d2pro v1.4 utility disc so super smash bros brawl work now. also i installed the homebrew channel. i would recommend this chip and ordering it from ozmodchip. btw on ozmodchip website he said to disconnect the brown cable in the dvd drive. don't do it. u don't have to. i did it and the little switch came off. gladly it was not broken. i was able to put back the little switch and put back the brown cable. u don't need to take the brown cable out. u just need to take out the white cable.
smile.gif

plus2minus2

Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Hi Ozmod,

Been reading through this thread and i am interested in getting the d2pro9 and the will-clip soldered together.

A few questions though b4 making the purchase,

1) Is it necessary to get the d2prog? or just the dvd updates will do?
2) Will the clip work on a NTSC-U Wii? The serial is LU55XX...

Thanks.

badmagick

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
my chip came in the mail yesterday and was very easy to install! it works flawless! thank you very much! im recommending ozmod to all of my friends!

OzModChips

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
plus2minus2 said:
Hi Ozmod,

Been reading through this thread and i am interested in getting the d2pro9 and the will-clip soldered together.

A few questions though b4 making the purchase,

1) Is it necessary to get the d2prog? or just the dvd updates will do?
2) Will the clip work on a NTSC-U Wii? The serial is LU55XX...

Thanks.

1. No, you dont need the d2prog at the moment. You might never need it. The actel code is fine. the SPI dvd upgradeable part might need some tweaking here and there when new games come out....but that an easy DVD upgrade.

2. Yes

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night