Hardware Wii-Clip discount for GBAtempers

badmagick

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
will the clip also be available june 2nd along with the new chip? im assuming so, but im just double checking.

i cant wait to buy one!

C

cloudspear

OzModChips said:
Yep
all d2pros shipped from Monday onwards will be d2c2 compliant
need to update like 20 pages on the website, will get time on sunday

but yes, order away, we are ready!

i think i got one of those new d2c2 drive because i got my wii on may 14. i have not open up the wii to check but i will assume it is the new d2c2 drive. i read that for the new wii clip v4c, i have to short a clk or solder the j point. will u be shorting the clk for people who order wii clip v4c with the new d2pro 9 wire d2c2 solder on? also how was your testing on the shorting the clk? did it work for most new wii with d2c2? i have no still in soldering so i hope shorting the clk will work because i would not be able to solder the j point. thanks

tonkotsu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hi. I tried to make a purchase just now. I choose paypal IPN and got to the order confirmation page. when do I actually give you my paypal info? sorry, I don't really use paypal so I don't know how it works.

edit: nm. the next page redirects you to paypal.

jheredia

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does the wii-clip v4c work on D2B - mine has the pins cut?

It seems you only presolder it for D2C? I would imagine different points need to be soldered to the wii-clip for a D2B

stanman81

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Bought 3 sets from 1 month back them and all 3 worked great.

Why get it?(from OZmodchips)
1. Easy to install (ok opening the wii first time sux cse the screws can be freaking tight)
2. Clip Seems quite sturdy when soldered well (by OZ of cse)
3. OZModchips Pre-test the soldered on chip (i think?) so you have lower DOA chances after waiting shipping 1-2weeks and thousands of miles.
4. OZModchips response and customer service is fast!!!!
5. Just the idea of a solderless solution kicks ass and you dun have to worry about a screwed up solder mess
6. Close to 1000 verfied paypal users have went to them (ie reputable, reliable bla bla bla)
7. discount for GBATemp dudes and dudettes.

OzModChips

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
thanks for your feedback
smile.gif

Ragura

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I have just one question before I can decide whether or not to order this (the free international shipping with your code won me over
smile.gif
):

The 9 wire D2Pro requires the J Point for region free, this I understand. Now, your site states that it could be possible that one has to solder one wire to this point. I would have a hard time finding someone who could do it for me if it turns out I have to do it, but I probably will find someone eventually. It's all about the "percentage" chance for me. If I read it correctly, it seems 100% of the wiis you have tested it on DO NOT require this wire to be soldered onto the J Point, am I correct? If so, is this still the case or has that chance gone down (due to new wii boards or whatever)?

Thanks for the excellent servive you're offering by the way
smile.gif

OzModChips

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello
its still 100% fine
I think they just put it there as a precaution.

Its 100% solderless, how about i say 'we guarantee it'

----
by the way
Because of d2c2 - these things are flying out
only have 60 left (the clips, we will always have the modchips)
We never oversell, but just a warning that we *might* sell out before the next batch comes in

Thanks for your support guys

jheredia

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
another question oz:

if i order the v4c for my d2b will it come with firmwire compatible (aka 1.1b) with the d2b and is it dvd upgradable...from what i hear the d2pro9 d2c2 firmwire is not dvd upgradeable yet and i imagine it wont work with the d2b board either?

are u flashing them all with that new firmwire?

please let me know...thanks! oh, and if i do place an order what should i put in the comments - just that it is for a d2b board and to be sure to block the 4 points?

OzModChips

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
The firmware we have on them is 1.2, 1.3 i dont even know what its officially called. Its the latest, 1 week old!
Yes its d2b compatible, and dvd upgradable.
All you need to do is mention it on the comments, and we will solder for d2b
thanks

phoresis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OzModChips said:
The firmware we have on them is 1.2, 1.3 i dont even know what its officially called. Its the latest, 1 week old!
Yes its d2b compatible, and dvd upgradable.
All you need to do is mention it on the comments, and we will solder for d2b
thanks
Urgh, when I put my wii serial # in the wii serial tracker ( http://wiitracker.nintendo-scene.com/search.php )

it says:

"There is a 50% chance that your drive chip is a GC2-D2C

There is a 50% chance that the pins on your drive chip are not cut."

So, I take it that there's a 50% chance I have a D2B or something. Is there a way to find out for sure short of opening the wii itself? Or, do I pretty much have to crack it open before ordering. I bought the Wii in mid April.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    rvtr @ rvtr: Spam bots again.