Hardware Wii-Clip discount for GBAtempers

jheredia

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ordered too and it shipped - cant wait

quick question: how exactly do you block the 4 unneeded points on the clip when making it for a d2a/b

canadamods i believe uses tape or something but not sure

OzModChips

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah just electrical tape, its not too hard
smile.gif

redpantel

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I was giving a last look at the reviews of the wii-clip and they all seem favorable for the wii-clip. Then, I found the review from www.xavboxwii.com and the guys really don't recommend that product. They say it may be good for the short term but it will break the wii in the long term. They say the clip puts strain on the drive since there are more vibrations and it also bends and twists the legs of the chip :

http://img111.imageshack.us/img111/7603/posewiiclipws2.jpg
http://img144.imageshack.us/img144/8100/d2cwiiclipac4.jpg

I know that like you said in another post that the installation should be done carefully, chip and clip aligned perfectly, on the first try to avoid (or only reduced?) these problems.

I want to know your opinion if the wii-clip is a good long-term solution or a solder installation is better for a long wii life. If you recommend the wii-clip, I'm sure it can not be that bad...

Also, if I don't buy the clip, I'll buy a premodded system, but some say that during the shipping some soldered connections come loose so it really comes down to the same install quality as the clip. The premodded wii is more expensive but I'm looking for quality over price here. So which is better in the long term?

OzModChips

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Soldering is always better - Ive said that from the bet go. The product is still good though - 98% of people recieve it in perfect working condition.
The amount of people that have emailed after a while to say it was working, now not working would total around 3. And we have been selling them for months now.

You guys in canadahave it bad - no one seems to provide a good warranty on their work. A premodded wii should come with a 1 year warranty

phoresis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, I bit the bullet and ordered. Setting up a paypal account was less hassle than I thought. Here's hoping it's a smooth delivery and installation!

redx113

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Just placed an order for the new d2pro thats compliant with the new d2c boards. Thanks for the great deal! Expecting my wii to get here any day now and little doubt that new wii in america will be d2c. At least I hope. Never know with my luck.

Anyway.. Thanks!

hippyharry

Trophies
XP
Country
im trying to use the international coupon to get it sent here in the UK, but it says its only for orders higher than $75.

Do i not get to use it?

im wanting the wiiclip v3 with wiikey soldered on with triwing which brings it to $59
shipping is $10
Total - $69

Do i not get to use the coupon. Not moaning, just wondering!
smile.gif

Scsweeps

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Where can I buy a wii-clip + wiikey 1.9s presoldered for a D2B wii motherboard? So far the only places I've found that does it is modchip.ca, but that's a extra service, and I was wondering if anyone just sold them together in some sort of combo pack. I've looked all over and can't seem to find any, do they even exist?

edit: I guess I forgot to mention, I am in north america

jheredia

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Scsweeps said:
Where can I buy a wii-clip + wiikey 1.9s presoldered for a D2B wii motherboard? So far the only places I've found that does it is modchip.ca, but that's a extra service, and I was wondering if anyone just sold them together in some sort of combo pack. I've looked all over and can't seem to find any, do they even exist?

http://www.ozmodchips.com/wiiclip-v3-solde...ikey-p-148.html

hippyharry

Trophies
XP
Country
I hear everyone saying instead of using the piece of paper that comes with the clip, we should just put down some electrical tape.

Where is this tape to go? Over the clip? over the chip?

Is there any photos which show this?

Ordered my wiiclip anyway tho!
biggrin.gif

Anorhc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello OzModChips. I've been browsing through this thread for quite a while now and by seeing how easy it was to install and how everyone is satisfied, I'm thinking of purchasing a clip+chip+screwdriver (soldered on) package. Now I'm quite new to the hardware modding scene for the Wii, so please forgive me for being confused.

I have an LU5359XXXXX Wii (US) which checks out to be GC2-D2C with Drive Pins not cut. Am I correct in saying that I should get the Wii-Clip with D2Pro? If so, I seem to be having a difficult time locating the combo I wanted on your site.

Anorhc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OzModChips said:
the 15 wire d2pro?
We have a shit load of clips in stock - but no old d2pros to go with them!

Ah I see. Curses. And here I am hoping for something a little cheaper.
rolleyes.gif

I guess I'll find out by the end of the week if I have the money to spare for the link you've provided. Thank you for the help!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Que dices?