Hardware Wii-Clip discount for GBAtempers

OzModChips

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
jman23 said:
Anyone with any up to date info that the D2Pro team have actually got a work around with their chip for these new "unmoddable" D2C chips?

How would you know you are buying a chip that is suitable for this workaround or an old D2Pro chip? Is it simply a "firmware" upgrade for the chip, or a new chip?

Hoping someone can help.

Cheers,

Yes, its done
we will have the new wiiclips for the 9 wire d2pros, and also the new d2pro compliant modchips in about a week

kaks

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
OzModChips said:
jman23 said:
Anyone with any up to date info that the D2Pro team have actually got a work around with their chip for these new "unmoddable" D2C chips?

How would you know you are buying a chip that is suitable for this workaround or an old D2Pro chip? Is it simply a "firmware" upgrade for the chip, or a new chip?

Hoping someone can help.

Cheers,

Yes, its done
we will have the new wiiclips for the 9 wire d2pros, and also the new d2pro compliant modchips in about a week

Hi,

Would ay soldering be required at all? From what i gather, the D2CKey is the only chip that can do region-free without any soldering. Or will the D2pro 9 wire be the same.
Basically im asking if the Wii-clip + 9 wire D2pro, will be region-free, upgradable from dvd, without any soldering.
Otherwise im going for the D2ckey + wii-clip which is region-free and not soldering(correct me if im wrong
smile.gif
).

thanks

OzModChips

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
its unknown at the moment
Its solderless, but there is one point that pases through a resistor "point J"
I was talking to Mr. Wiiclip, and he said most wiis can have that point on the IC, some wiis need the point on point J.
So worst case, you will need to solder 1 point, best case....100% solderless

kaks

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
OzModChips said:
its unknown at the moment
Its solderless, but there is one point that pases through a resistor "point J"
I was talking to Mr. Wiiclip, and he said most wiis can have that point on the IC, some wiis need the point on point J.
So worst case, you will need to solder 1 point, best case....100% solderless

Is that for both the D2pro 9-wire and the D2cKey?

or is the d2ckey completely solderless and regionfree?

thanks again

Dermy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The discount will still be usable for the wii-clip v4b and d2pro soldered on + Triwing right? Also will you upgrade the 9 wire d2pro to the dvd upgradable firmware so I won't have to bother with the programmer?

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Being relatively new to Wii modding, is there a version of this (Wii-clip with pre-soldered chip) for the D2B Wiis?

OzModChips

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
kaks said:
Is that for both the D2pro 9-wire and the D2cKey?

or is the d2ckey completely solderless and regionfree?

thanks again

Just d2pro 9 wire.
D2ckey is 100% solderless, including the region free. But its not upgradable really

EvilShenanigans! said:
The discount will still be usable for the wii-clip v4b and d2pro soldered on + Triwing right? Also will you upgrade the 9 wire d2pro to the dvd upgradable firmware so I won't have to bother with the programmer?

We will upgrade the wiiclips, but remember, ONLY the spi flash is upgradable, not the actel chip. And the actel chip at the moment is the one doing most of the work

QUOTE(irpacynot @ May 19 2008, 02:38 AM)
Being relatively new to Wii modding, is there a version of this (Wii-clip with pre-soldered chip) for the D2B Wiis?

Yes, we have the wiikey one
of if you have cut pins, the d2pro 9 wire will work on your wii

Knolly

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I've done the whole DS modding thing but I got a Wii today... I've been reading up on stuff and am not 100% sure...

If I have a brand new Wii, will any current modchips work with it?

EDIT: Sorry, I'm only asking in this thread since I'd like to order a working chip from you guys if possible.

OzModChips

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
If you just bought it brand new in the US, wait 1 week please
there is a new type of wii in teh US, and the only modchip that works is the new firmware on the d2pro 9 wire modchip.
We are getting this modchip in about a week
keep an eye on this page - http://www.ozmodchips.com/wiiclip-v4c-aka-...wire-p-150.html
when its activated, and we say that the modchips we are shipping are 'D2C2' compliant - you can buy it and it will work on your wii

kaks

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Last question and then ill put my order through.

The additional wire for the 9-wire D2pro is optional?
Why is it needed? -(upgradability via dvd or is the wire for regionfree?)

Sorry for all the questions. Just trying to put things in perspective, as i almost ordered the D2CKey.

Thanks

OzModChips

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
We will solder it for you
It works fine without soldering anything (100% solderless)
We are getting the replacement bactch of v4c tomorrow, and will list them as soon as they are confirmed not to be faulty
smile.gif

HelloWii

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are D2C2 D2Pros available yet at OzModChips?
I want to get a wii clip and and D2pro.

"D2pro - the modchip that does it all. The D2Pro with 1.1 firmware (which we are shipping) will work on ALL wiis!

* lah1016 and lower - DMS/D2B - Works with only 5 wire
* lah1016 to 10215 - D2B with pins cut - Works with only 5 wires, without using the cut pin region! easy!
* lah10216+ - D2C - Works with only 9 wires
* lah10???? - D2C2 - Will work for this soon, these types of wiis are not in Australia yet"
^^^ "Will Work for this soon." But up there it says "The D2Pro with 1.1 firmware (which we are shipping) will work on ALL wiis!
"
All Wiis? I'm confused....
cry.gif

Knolly

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry to nag, but do you have any idea when they might be coming in? The page says May 26 or 27... I'm just kind of eager to nab one, haha.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/9pwfLTaW8J8?si=FaKUzB-OBP92LnUD