Hacking Wii bricked? Stuck on Health and Safety screen...

mauifrog

DA KINE WiiHacker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The only thing you would want to reinstall are the neogamma channel, maui channel, cfg usbloader channel. You don't need to reinstall any cios/ios/sm, ect, just those 3 wad. Maui is in the modpack, neogamma and cfg are in the ciospack. Reinstall those 3 wads and your done.

nhindian

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The only thing you would want to reinstall are the neogamma channel, maui channel, cfg usbloader channel. You don't need to reinstall any cios/ios/sm, ect, just those 3 wad. Maui is in the modpack, neogamma and cfg are in the ciospack. Reinstall those 3 wads and your done.

Awesome! And since this is my first adventure into softmodding and such, am I up to date enough where I can play most games without updating? If a game comes with a new version update, how do I go about doing that (I know priiloader will prevent it)?

mauifrog

DA KINE WiiHacker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You are up to date, you should be able to play everything for a long time. Have a look into usbloading, you'll like it much better I imagine.

nhindian

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You are up to date, you should be able to play everything for a long time. Have a look into usbloading, you'll like it much better I imagine.

Yep! Need to wait until Thailand is recovered though so I can get a dedicated HDD for it :)

Thank you so much for all of your help and patience!

mauifrog

DA KINE WiiHacker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

Yep! Need to wait until Thailand is recovered though so I can get a dedicated HDD for it :)

One more thing, could you run nandbincheck on your nand.bin
http://gbatemp.net/topic/279742-nandbincheck-wii-entry-pc-software/

nandbincheck nand.bin -all -v

then paste the report here. Perhaps it will give a clue as to what your issue was, just curious.

nhindian

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

One more thing, could you run nandbincheck on your nand.bin
http://gbatemp.net/t...ry-pc-software/

nandbincheck nand.bin -all -v

then paste the report here. Perhaps it will give a clue as to what your issue was, just curious.

Sure, here it is:

** nandBinCheck : Wii nand info tool **
from giantpune
built: Jan 29 2011 03:36:05
checking boot1 & 2...
Boot1 A (vulnerable)
found 3 copies of boot2
"blocks 1 & 2: Marked as bad blocks; Content Sha1 matches TMD; TMD officially si
gned; Ticket officially signed; Version 2"
"blocks 3 & 4: Used for booting; Content Sha1 matches TMD; TMD is fakesigned; Ti
cket officially signed; BootMii 1.3"
"blocks 7 & 6: Backup copy; Content Sha1 matches TMD; TMD officially signed; Tic
ket officially signed; Version 2"
checking uid.sys...
checking content.map...
checking "/shared1/00000000.app" ...
checking "/shared1/00000001.app" ...
checking "/shared1/00000002.app" ...
checking "/shared1/00000003.app" ...
"The hash for at least 1 content is bad"

not a whole lot there..

mauifrog

DA KINE WiiHacker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
That is an interesting report, not very normal. I can't tell you more than that. Good that you have boot2 bootmii, if anything else gives you issue you should consider the nand.bin format as your nandbincheck is questionable.

Coto

-
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
and here is the log for the new nand I created after getting access back to the channel menu

from giantpune
checking boot1 & 2...
Boot1 A (vulnerable)
found 3 copies of boot2
"blocks 1 & 2: Marked as bad blocks; Content Sha1 matches TMD; TMD officially...
"One of the shared contents in this nand is missing"

Since it's a launch day Wii, your NAND maybe decided to do the eternal sleep. And if you re-installed SM from scratch ( yes, a boot2 exploitable wii is really handy), some checks aren't working there....

nhindian

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That is an interesting report, not very normal. I can't tell you more than that. Good that you have boot2 bootmii, if anything else gives you issue you should consider the nand.bin format as your nandbincheck is questionable.

I would agree, but I don't know heads from tails regarding NAND and those reports!

and here is the log for the new nand I created after getting access back to the channel menu

from giantpune
checking boot1 & 2...
Boot1 A (vulnerable)
found 3 copies of boot2
"blocks 1 & 2: Marked as bad blocks; Content Sha1 matches TMD; TMD officially...

Since it's a launch day Wii, your NAND maybe decided to do the eternal sleep. And if you re-installed SM from scratch ( yes, a boot2 exploitable wii is really handy), some checks aren't working there....

I don't know what the eternal sleep is either! Would any of these lead to any foreseeable problems?

mauifrog

DA KINE WiiHacker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
If it is working for you, just leave it be. You have boot2 bootmii so you can fix it latter if you like. Just be sure not to update from nintendo as it will remove your boot2 bootmii. If you interested you can format the nand.bin, then run that with the nandbincheck to see the difference.

Coto

-
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile

from giantpune
checking boot1 & 2...
Boot1 A (vulnerable)
found 3 copies of boot2

I don't know what the eternal sleep is either! Would any of these lead to any foreseeable problems?

wasn't your wii able to get past the press-A to continue screen? Or.. was it fixed?

Anyhow that report told you your NAND has some bad blocks on the first 8 blocks (which boot2 resides). Have your tried reinstalling boot2 through bootmii and write down the output text?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i guess not...
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yawn
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    anybody here?
  • P @ PKNate:
    nope
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fun fact: 7 years by lukas graham, supermassive black hole by muse, and megalomania all have the same bpm
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    girls just wanna have fun and renai circulation also share the same tempo as the few i said before
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BakerMan, megalomania the live a live song?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    wait no, megalovania*
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    my bad
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I don't forgive you
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    The nerve of that guy, gosh.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah expecting me to forgive gtfo
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    But how could the Dr have known you didn't want to be circumcized?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He didn't you just wanted your dick to be fondled
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Watching dune 2 it's eh
    Dune one sucked
    The original with Patrick Stewart was Great
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A sexual psycopath that love pain where have I heard that before
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    In your high school diary?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No but your wife let's me read her diary the word psychopath comes up more than sexual
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol stremio hogging all of my tvs on board ram
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Just download more Ram to it, or setup Raid666 on it.
    +1
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Just download more Ram to it, or setup Raid666 on it. +1