Hacking Wii brick fix (bootmii stopped working)

yxqzme2

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was softmodding my friends wii, had it all done except the nand backup. I accidentally installed a 4.1 theme (its same one i have, and he liked it) cept he was running 3.4U!!
so when i rebooted the theme started but the H&S screen never continued. I had BootMii on boot2 and i booted it and HBC ran fine, i tried to find a 3.4 theme to put on it, with no luck. i tried anyregion changer, but the wiimote wouldn't work and the GC controller worked fine in just about everything BUT the region changer. I found the original theme and went to install it and then bootmii wouldn't work any more!
i tried the SD in my wii and BootMii came right up.

i have tried the SaveMiiFrii and i get the 3.4USA on the screen but i only have SSBB and wiifit games and they dont do anything.

Please help if you can.

Lexip;

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You need an sd card with the bootmii files on it for bootmii to run.

Don't you just reinstall the systemmenu for 3.4?

yxqzme2

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have all the files, i have tried them in another wii and they work. i think it is a low level failure now. I read that with SaveMiiFrii you can fix if they come out with a game with the 4.1 update on it, is this true, and does Metroid Prime Trilogy have the update? i have ordered a chip, a wiidrivekey, does anyone know if that has the autoboot feature? i have done my research, and there are bits of info everywhere, but none that fill in all the blanks.

If i have a low level brick, but i a can use bootmifrii ( i see the 3.4usa) is my wii recoverable?
either with Metroid Trilogy or the wiidrivekey?

thanks everyone in advance

yxqzme2

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
KK, ty for info on the 3.4 before i bought it, just thought i saw alot of post mentioning having to update for it.

as to the other part of the question, does the wiidrivekey allow autoboot of burned disc?

Bent

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Most people seem to be keeping old IOS versions nowadays to keep various exploits. So just about any newer game is going to ask for an update even if it has an older system menu on it, since they have fairly current IOS versions on them. My system is fully updated from the system menu, and MPT didn't want me to update.

You could buy it anyway, it is worth it
wink.gif

EDIT: Typo.

jabmaster2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah I m pretty sure drive key autoboots.. U can autoboot smash brothers. Then run smashstack into wadmanager. So you can instal ur system ios and menu wads. Don know if that work u can try. Good luck

0M39A

Trophies
XP
Country
if it has bootmii installed, why dont you have a nand backup for the system? kinda pointless if you didnt.

yxqzme2

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it does have bootmii installed and i was going to make a nand back up after i finished all the IOS. but the bootmii quit working. i found out it was the SD card and i now have that back, so new question.

I have a fully bricked wii (black screen)
bricked when i installed a theme that was wrong version (i know it was dumb, please no flaming)
i can boot savemiifrii (3.4USA)
i have the HBC and can run Homebrew
the wiimotes are not synced as i synced them to mine to check some things
i have a gamecube controller
i can not run regionchanger or updater 4.0 because they both require the wiimote

how do i recover my wii?
is there a version of either of those homebrew that can use the gC controller
if i get a theme for 3.4usa and install it will that fix it?

please help

0M39A

Trophies
XP
Country
use NUSD, download the correct system menu wad, install, done.

or update to 4.1, no reason to stay on 3.4. not sure if waninkoko's 4.0 and 4.1 updaters work with gc controllers though.

toolfreak

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Hello, i've got a black brick, bootmii as IOS and a nand backup, but i cant access the bootmii menu...and i do not have a modchip or preloader, any ideas?

nabster92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
toolfreak said:
Hello, i've got a black brick, bootmii as IOS and a nand backup, but i cant access the bootmii menu...and i do not have a modchip or preloader, any ideas?

Bootmii as an IOS offers absolutely no brick protection. Preloader might have been able to save you depending on what you did to cause the brick. Depending on what you did, you only options are most likely either getting an Infectus and flashing that nand backup back to your chip directly, or sending it to Nintendo.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up