Hardware Wii blew up and died

mikey89

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Posted this as i was falling asleep:P Have no idea why i suddenly heard a women.
"I was traveling to new zealand and i plug my wii in NZ with a power adaptor. Then I suddenly heard i a heard womrmen and it would coe on a"
New "awake post.
I was traveling to New Zealand and i plugged my wii in the wall in NZ/AUS with a power adapter. Then i suddenly heard a spark and the power lit up for a sec but then turn off. i haven't been able to get it working since. I figured out that NZ/AUS use 50 Hz and where i live in america its 60hz. im really hoping there still a way to get it working. if anybody know a way help would be much appreciated.

mikey89

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It converted voltage but not hz and so i think my wii short circuited and im just hoping it has a fail safe/ surge protector or just the power brick is dead and not the whole wii.

toejam316

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Dean333 said:
Using a 60/HZ device at 50/HZ will cause excessive heat build-up, Your Wii could be dead.
The Wii runs on DC, and DC doesn't have a frequency.
Odds are he's just done in his power brick, and those are cheap enough to pick up.
Why he'd come to New Zealand and bring a Wii with him is beyond me though - he's not from here and it's winter, perfect time for Skiiing and snowboarding.

mikey89

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well in short i had to share car and hang out with grand parents(ugghh). Toejam how do i test if it is the power brick?

bwillb

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
toejam316 said:
Dean333 said:
Using a 60/HZ device at 50/HZ will cause excessive heat build-up, Your Wii could be dead.
The Wii runs on DC, and DC doesn't have a frequency.
Odds are he's just done in his power brick, and those are cheap enough to pick up.
Why he'd come to New Zealand and bring a Wii with him is beyond me though - he's not from here and it's winter, perfect time for Skiiing and snowboarding.
hey you got an extra room I can stay in? its been 115 farenheit and stormy here in Arizona
tongue.gif

mikey89

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thx for all the help everybody. it turn out that Toejam was right. the power brick just got fried. So i just bought a new one and now the wii works:)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Thank you. Hope you're in good spirits today like I am. :)