Hacking Wii backup Manager for Windows

DGenerateKane

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is a way to report bugs in WBM itself. Can't say if he is checking his email though.
frown.gif

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The developer disappeared for like a year after initially making the program then came back and updated the heck outta it for a few months and is now once gone MIA again.

ScoobyDoo3rd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
icebrg5 said:
The developer disappeared for like a year after initially making the program then came back and updated the heck outta it for a few months and is now once gone MIA again.

That is really a shame, the program is Outstanding! Hope he makes a come back.

Debug

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am having a very very frustrating time with MD5 Hashes and a FAT32 or NTFS formatted partition with some 402 WBFS & WBF1 files

For some unknown reason the MD5 Hashes keep vanishing from the disc.info file and calculating them for 390 games ( 765GB ) is horrifically painful and takes an entire day can you please make it so your application under no circumstances removes the MD5 hashes from a disc entry unless it does not have one, it is being recalculated or added

it seems to remove every single MD5 when you do anything involving the MD5 hashes of one or more WBFS files

you try and calculate a single missing MD5
or
if you cancel an MD5 verification
or
you cancel MD5 calculation
or
you cancel a transfer that calculates the MD5
or
you try and recalculate an MD5 for a few selected files
or
you try and recalculate just any missing MD5

i am loosing my mind here!!

Debug

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can you please add an option to SCRUB a WBFS file or ISO or cISO that is already on a drive

there are about 6 different game sources input into my main game drive ripping from different loaders nd softwares and even from different computers in my home or one of my laptops or one of my kids or family members wii's running different ripping or backup software and a lot do not offer the option to set what gets put into the WBFS file

some rip the update parition which i want to remove
some do not compress the WBFS very well not sure if there is some option to set the compression level i think there must be because if i recompress to WBFS in other software it gets smaller

so i would love to use your software which is my main application for managing my drives

i want to right click or from a menu choose remove XXX partitions or recompress WBFS / cISO
if there is an option for the compression mode speed / size please expose that to us so we can set it to maximum insane size compression and get nice small WBFS files
also if you do not set scrubbed areas to zero can you expose that as well with at least the option of trucha or zero or a custom stripe

right now if i want to remove an update partition i have to transfer from one drive to another with scrubbing enabled and remove update partition checked then delete it from the source drive and transfer it back again which is silly for a simple modification!!!

also some WBFS files do not have the DISC ID set right when they get ripped i have had some that have a zero or all zeros for the disc ID so can you allow us to modify the disc ID by right click context menu or another menu option that brings up a box also being able to edit the IOS flag would be nice as well like some other managers

Also a small bug report

i have the latest directx end user runtimes installed and am ATI HD5670 card with 1gb GDDR5 its pretty high end and for some reason your application says it cannot start hardware acceleration or the d3dx9_33 is missing i checked that version of directx is very much installed

Debug

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If the software is not being udpated anymore then developer please release the source so someone can continue where you left off

TheShadowRunner

I'm like you, I have no name.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Unchecking View > Tabs > Downloads doesn't work.
After program restart; the Downloads tab returns.

Also after launching the program or importing an ISO folder, the program makes "Ding" sound effects (on WinXP).
Is it possible to completely stop all these sounds? XD

Thanks a lot.

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
TheShadowRunner said:

Also after launching the program or importing an ISO folder, the program makes "Ding" sound effects (on WinXP).

Thanks a lot.
Right click on the speaker icon in your notification area (bottom right corner) and choose Sounds. A list of sounds will come up. Scroll down to "Exclamation" and click on it. Change the sound (which is probably set to "Windows Ding" or something similar" to "None".

TheShadowRunner

I'm like you, I have no name.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you Joostin, that would work, but if possible i'd rather disable sound for this software only. I don't know see why it needs to "exclamate" like this heh

JoostinOnline

Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
TheShadowRunner said:
Thank you Joostin, that would work, but if possible i'd rather disable sound for this software only. I don't know see why it needs to "exclamate" like this heh
There isn't. I went through the same thing. However, that ding isn't a sound I miss in any situation.

dexter222

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
JoostinOnline said:
TheShadowRunner said:

Thanks a lot.
Right click on the speaker icon in your notification area (bottom right corner) and choose Sounds. A list of sounds will come up. Scroll down to "Exclamation" and click on it. Change the sound (which is probably set to "Windows Ding" or something similar" to "None".

I thought to explain that myself, however,. I was called upon as insensitive in another thread for calling someone else STUPID. I won't do that but if Forrest Gump posts again I'll have to remind him this is a place for grown ups.

JoostinOnline

Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
dexter222 said:
JoostinOnline said:
TheShadowRunner said:

Thanks a lot.

I thought to explain that myself, however,. I was called upon as insensitive in another thread for calling someone else STUPID. I won't do that but if Forrest Gump posts again I'll have to remind him this is a place for grown ups.
All this guy was looking for was a way to disable the ding's without turning off sound completely. Your answer was wrong, so you aren't in the position to lecture people.

Debug

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@dexter222 The problem with the MD5 algorithm being slow comes in when one of the 3 or 4 bugs that causes all Md5 hashes to vanish and you need to recalculate the MD5 for 500+ games
or when transferring to another drive to backup data or install a game from disc the MD5 calculation while transferring slows down transfers substantially and tests with or without transfer MD5 calc enabled show a large speed difference with the MD5 being calculated when transfering but with it turned off you loose an important feature

also the WBFS files have a spot for MD5 in the header i think if memory serves me would it not be productive to use this also in some way?

there are numerous very fast MD5 algorithms available with optional threading and better disc IO and somewhere in this very thread the author says he knows it is a very bad implementation and it was something he was going to fix

additionally i am sure some of the IO itself can be sped up with some options for the buffering / caching / disc cache / threading being exposed to users

if the author is not going to fix anything he should release the source on Google Code or something so people can modify and branch from it to fix the annoying bugs and add the features people really want

does anyone have a working current valid email for the author?

has anyone been in contact with the author lately?

Wiimm

Developer
Trophies
Website
wiimmfi.de
XP
Country
Germany
Why will you use a MD5 check sum that may be different dependent on the kind of scrubbing?
You can also use the internal SHA-1 checksums to verify the partitions.

@dexter: And why is WBM the best tool?
Can it repair WBFS, check for bad dumps, patch IDs to have alternative savegames, list content of a disc, extract single or all files of a disc, create a complete new image from scratch, handle SSBB correct?
I know one tool that can do all of this
wink.gif
*haha*

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MGhhGhvxbvI