Trophies
Website
www.wiibackupmanager.co.uk
XP
Country
@Bi0Hazrd
smile.gif

@XFlak
I've made enquires with FileTrip about using that to grab the redirect URL to the latest version. I could use it for the online updater. If the user decides to update, I can use the exact same URL to automatically download it. That means all I need to do is code the part that updates the local files from the RAR.

If it doesn't work out with that, I can always use the web space I've set up to store the version info with some download mirrors. Actually, I'll probably use both, just in case. My host will be checked first, then FileTrip and maybe others later.

Burton

Real Life VIP and Educator
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The latest beta seems to perform faster than the older (0.3.4 and lower revisions). Was there any change in the code?

I tested three different games using the same HDD and there were up to three minutes in difference.

chop

Trophies
XP
Country
Jman69 said:
Is there a way to easily remove unwanted partitions from games already on a USB drive? Currently the only way I've found is to move the game off the USB drive, then re-add it with "Keep game partition only" enabled.

Is there a quicker way?

Any word on this, I've just added two games with the latest version and hadn't set the option for game partition only.

fig2k4

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
@Burton
I'm really not sure, because it's been so long since that version. Probably about a year. I'll have a look through the changelog..

@Knocks
It shouldn't be too difficult. It's on the todo list.

@Jman69 and @chop
It should be possible to do this, but there's nothing implemented yet that can do it.

ISO files would just need the partition table changed unless you want the removed partitions scrubbed as well. That would just involve overwriting the removed partition data with zeros..

WBFS and CISO files would really need copied so that the file size would be reduced. This would be just as slow, or maybe even slower than copying to another drive and back.

With WBFS drives, any blocks that were used by the removed partitions could be marked as free after adjusting the partition/usage table.

Snake87r

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hello, this program is awesome..
Thanks for your great work, i have a little request, can you add the possibility to download the cheat for the selected game or for all game, like the fuction you have to add for download the game cover?

For example i downloaded the txt file cheat for the game
007 : James Bond Quantum Of Solace [RJ2P52]
from this address:
http://geckocodes.org/codes/R/RJ2P52.txt

Thanks for your reply.

ratt1972

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Snake87r said:
Hello, this program is awesome..
Thanks for your great work, i have a little request, can you add the possibility to download the cheat for the selected game or for all game, like the fuction you have to add for download the game cover?

For example i downloaded the txt file cheat for the game
007 : James Bond Quantum Of Solace [RJ2P52]
from this address:
http://geckocodes.org/codes/R/RJ2P52.txt

Thanks for your reply.

is this to added to pre-cheat program on the wii . or just a text info for the game.

hey guys i just found out that you can delete the update partition . Now why you ask to delete this . well my wife got a drivekey mod and softmod wii .and Hollywood square game came up "need to update' ,now i know if we update the softmod will be delete and we have to start again . which will go around in circles . after deleting the update partition ,the game game now works.

thanx for adding this in you program ,it has save me a lot of time. Next pay day i get a donate is coming , my wife is doing the same . So people start donating and keep this program alive -RATT

retroguy

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Wow, this really is a very cool application and will be very handy. I read the little tutorial from the link in the first post, but one question I had wasn't answered there: What does the option 'keep game partition only' mean? And why is that not default?

ratt1972

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
some games have update partition , for updating the wii and some may have a demo partition
cleave on delete update partition , this stop the wii updating the update from disc and delete your soft mods

the reason is cause its not default is ,some groups like 1 to 1 ratio of the disc for collection.

update : i just got a game in - try to rip it and it doesn't find the disc. i try it on another same again. but if i put in a game that was burned it reads that . so looks like i'm back to rip it with usbloader. still a good program if only we can find a way around to rip the wii games.

plus delete the game off the hardrive doesn't work .Need to be added

hengrui

Trophies
XP
Country
Taiwan
Hi !!

I found a bug...

When I use new version , I can not remove any games.....(Files . Drive1 . Drive2)
(Version 0.3.6-beta1 ~ build 43)

Please help to fix it , Thank you !!

fig2k4

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
@Snake87r
That should be quite straight forward. The cheats could be added to the database too, so you can see which cheats are available and sync them with the drive, like I plan to do for covers.

@retroguy
Basically what ratt1972 said.
smile.gif
You can remove any unneeded partitions to save space. Only the game partition is needed to play the game, but sometimes there's channel installers or virtual console stuff. I'd imagine that the update partition is never needed because you'd want to update using another method. "Keep all partitions" is enabled by default to stop people removing stuff by accident.

@hengrui
Send me the log so I can get more details about your setup. I have a feeling it's related to the new file naming conventions but I'll be able to tell better when I see the log. Got to Log->export and just email it to me. Cheers.

For the next version, I've changed the Feedback form with the SMTP relay to a simple MAPI send mail. So a new email will open in your default client with the attachments and you can send the email as you normally do.

sorgelig

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
fig2k4,
It's very useful application!

May i ask 2 wishes?
wink.gif

1) can u add another name convention "Title.wbfs"? Btw, WBM changes ' (apostrophe symbol) to _ while this symbol is valid for file names.
2) can you add option to chnage interface to simplier form where WBM will work as file converter ISO->WBFS or WBF->ISO: all functions related to WBFS drives (not files) will be removed (wbfs-formatted drives have less and less importance) and only one list will be exist.

fig2k4

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
sorgelig said:
fig2k4,
It's very useful application!

May i ask 2 wishes?
wink.gif

1) can u add another name convention "Title.wbfs"? Btw, WBM changes ' (apostrophe symbol) to _ while this symbol is valid for file names.
2) can you add option to chnage interface to simplier form where WBM will work as file converter ISO->WBFS or WBF->ISO: all functions related to WBFS drives (not files) will be removed (wbfs-formatted drives have less and less importance) and only one list will be exist.

In the "View" menu, hide all the tabs except "Files". Then you can use it as a file converter only, all traces of the drives will be hidden. "Title.wbfs" can be used by setting the option "Ignore storage convention for transfers to WBFS file" in the NTFS/FAT32 section in the options. So when you then transfer to WBFS file, the title is used for the filename.

The drive tabs are there to make it easier to deal with NTFS/FAT32 drives too though..

I'll check out the apostrophe thing.
smile.gif

fig2k4

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
@LxTrix
Not possible yet, but should be easy to do. It's on the growing todo list.
smile.gif

@Ato Puro
I don't always have time to work on this because I have 3 young kids to look after.
smile.gif
I usually get a few hours at night and I try to squeeze in more time when I can, so it is literally just a matter of time.

You could always just delete or rename the 7zip DLL to ignore archives. It's not ideal, but if you want to totally ignore archives it'll work OK for now.

sorgelig

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
fig2k4 said:
In the "View" menu, hide all the tabs except "Files". Then you can use it as a file converter only, all traces of the drives will be hidden. "Title.wbfs" can be used by setting the option "Ignore storage convention for transfers to WBFS file" in the NTFS/FAT32 section in the options. So when you then transfer to WBFS file, the title is used for the filename.

The drive tabs are there to make it easier to deal with NTFS/FAT32 drives too though..

I'll check out the apostrophe thing.
smile.gif

Wow, looks like everything is already in the new version! Good work!
Btw, apostrophe problem is also fixed in new version.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Shubshub @ Shubshub: oshit its the real jdbye