Hacking Wii backup Manager for Windows

Filly95

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi, first I have to say thanks to the author of this program (very useful). I made an Italian translation of this and i hope it will be useful for others. Here's the link to the download: http://www.sendspace.com/file/3y7nm7
Instructions:
1.Download the file
2.Extract the .lang file somewhere
3.Put the .lang file in "Language" folder ("Lagnuage" folder is in the same place where you extracted the program, duh)
PS: It would be great if you add this file in the main program archive and in the "About" dialog box
wink.gif

nitpicker

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I think I found a bug, but I don't know where to report this, may I sent a mail to you (fig2k4)?

I use version 0.3.4 (I guess r4)

When I open my 'Wii ciso' folder via the 'Add - Folder' option, not all my Wii ciso's will be opened. It stops loading the ciso's when it hits the RSBP01 - Super Smash Bros. Brawl ciso.

Is this a known error? Or...

Workaround: I can add the rest of the ciso's via 'Add - Files' and selecting the remaining ciso's.

Spidy1000

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
nitpicker said:
I think I found a bug, but I don't know where to report this, may I sent a mail to you (fig2k4)?

I use version 0.3.4 (I guess r4)

When I open my 'Wii ciso' folder via the 'Add - Folder' option, not all my Wii ciso's will be opened. It stops loading the ciso's when it hits the RSBP01 - Super Smash Bros. Brawl ciso.

Is this a known error? Or...

Workaround: I can add the rest of the ciso's via 'Add - Files' and selecting the remaining ciso's.

try the same with the 3.5 beta and see if the problem is still there

nitpicker

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Same issue...
frown.gif

And... now I found an issue in the beta 1.... when I press the 'End'-button, it scrolls not down to the end of the list...

r3dcat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Loving Wii Backup Manager! ... Great work fig2k4!

Can the functionality be added for WBM to burn a .wbfs file to disc directly (without having to extract to .iso and burn with other software)?

If this feature was added then WBM would be a complete solution for handling .wbfs files
wink.gif

Yod4z

Trophies
XP
Country
France
i have some file corruption when using the beta version on my WBFS drive when i transfer files from WBFS partition to another drive in FAT32 (.wbfs files) the games on WBFS partition disapear or would be duplicated (on the USB loader but in Wii backup Manager the game is marked in red with size 0)

Spidy1000

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Is it a known problem that SSBB cannot be started from a NTFS partition? I tried several versions off WBM but everytime i try to start it with my loader (wiiflow) i get a DSI dump. All normal games (non dual-layer) work perfectly

Simo75

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
To start SSMB on USB Loader GX on Wii Backup Manager set split of 4GB instead of auto on WBFS files in NTFS partitions.
It's a bug of USB Loader GX (and other loaders) not Wii Backup Manager.
Affect all Nintendo Wii games over 4GB.

Spidy1000

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Simo75 said:
To start SSMB on USB Loader GX on Wii Backup Manager set split of 4GB instead of auto on WBFS files in NTFS partitions.
It's a bug of USB Loader GX (and other loaders) not Wii Backup Manager.
Affect all Nintendo Wii games over 4GB.

thanks, i'll try that

claudekennilol

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I need some help. I just downloaded this backup manager, but it doesn't see any of the games on my hard drive. Most of the games I've ripped directly with my Wii, but when I load the drive in this manager it says something like "this is a valid drive but there is no WBFS folder. Create one now?" I clicked no, but it doesn't see any of the games already on the hard drive. What do I do?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
is your HDD FAT32/NTFS ?
Do you have a WBFS folder at the root of the drive ?

when you ripped your games using the wii, maybe they went into
WBFS/gameid.wbfs

There are now more compatible format, you can make sub-folders with a game name for example.

in backup manager, go to Option -> Fat32/NTFS tab
change the storage convention to match the one you are using (all in the same folder, or using one subfolder per game)
Choose the Naming convention for your filename (Title [gameID]) for example.

You can check the "Automatically update storage convention when drive is mounted" to have WiiBackupManager to rename and move the wbfs files to their corresponding sub-folders.

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
wrong, i only just put the scrubbed version of SMG2 on my HDD yesterday, lol it was even it those pics i posted in the other thread

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Not sure why, every other N64 game just runs fine with all kinds of enhancements but noooo KI...