Hacking Wii backup Manager for Windows

ratt1972

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bladexdsl said:
how do you transfer an ISO file to a fat32 drive and have wiiflow detect it??

first add file then tick the game
next transfer button and click iso . this will sent it to a drive as an iso
and for wiiflow i don't use this so someone else can answer that

why not use usbloader to play the games -- saves on space and 99% of game boots from this

bklynwiiuser

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiBackupManager is Awsome tool! Thank you so much!

I do have some feedback for you:

With the volume of image files that I have, It would really be awesome if
the Wii Backup Manager would allow us to "Filter" the list of images/files.

For example show me only the items that have "Mario".

Perhaps also show us duplicate files?

Also, I was not able to actually delete images using the
WiiBackupManager. While it did remove the files from the list, the actual
image file still existed on my drive. I am not sure if that was by design.

Thanks

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
ratt1972 said:
why not use usbloader to play the games -- saves on space and 99% of game boots from this
what you talking about wiiflow is a usb loader!
laugh.gif

and you select wbfs not iso when transfer.

winny.uk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just a quick note to say an enormous thanks for a superb program.
smile.gif

Is it possible to read the IOS version from a game iso? I've read gecko os can identify this and wondered how difficult it would be.

All the best!

DasXero

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, I love this backup manager, A LOT! But there is this weird problem.

Okay so I usually use WBFSSync by Omega Frost, and back when I first started the Wii Scene, Sync wouldn't format my HDD for some reason, so I formated it with WBFS Manager, than for some reason Sync recognized it, so I formated it with Sync.

It apparently did not format though, like I thought, because yesterday WBM would not recognize it as being a WBFS format, so than I decided to try out FAT32 backups, and even though I found that .syncscrubs seem to be in the smallest size out of .ISO, .cISO, or .WBFS, I decided to backup all my Wii Backups to my HDD (Hard Disk Dive).

And since WBM wouldn't recognize my format, I used WBFSSync to back them up. After finally getting them all on to my HDD, I tryed to mass compress them all to .cISO using WBM, during the 5th game (I forget which, but it was in blue) WBM would say it finished compressing them all (even though it was only the 5th out of the 81 games) and just stop, so I tried just one at a time, and same thing would happen (different game though)

so I figured maybe it just doesn't like compressing to .cISO, and tryed to mass format to .WBFS, so I tried it without having anything else open, and only having WBM active, than everything compressed fine.

Thing is, I still want to use the .cISO format it's the closest in size to .SyncScrub, otherwise I think I'm going to just stick to having my HDD as WBFS.

Is there a reason behind why it can't mass compress to .cISO?

Note:
Curiousity Questions
smile.gif

1) I am curious, when you transfer games in said formats, do they stay in those formats? Say you compress a iso into cISO and transfer it to your HDD, on the HDD is it still a cISO?
2) Is there any way to like, copy a .dll file to WBM from WBFSSync, and make it able to compress into .SyncScrubs too, or no?

fig2k4

OP
Trophies
Website
www.wiibackupmanager.co.uk
XP
Country
@bklynwiiuser
The filter is on the todo list.
Removing entries from the files list won't delete any files. They should be deleted when using the drive lists. I've rewrote that code because it wasn't working correctly, so if that was the problem it might be fixed in the next release.

@winny.uk
I tried this before. I found where the IOS version is stored but I can't remember why I didn't finish it. I'll have a look.

@NahuelDS
Cheers, I'll check it out.
smile.gif

@DasXero
That's a problem I've been trying to figure out for a while. I know now that if an error orccurs in a thread, then it just dies, with no apparent reason. It should show in the log what happened now though. If you can send me one of the old logs with the error it could help.

Files transferred to a FAT32/NTFS are converted to WBFS files. They're basically the exact same format as a WBFS drive containing 1 game, stored in a file.

If the source is available for the .SyncScrub format I could have a look.

BTW, WBFS files should be roughly the same size as CISO. Theres no real benefit to using CISO if you then convert to WBFS file to play it anyway.

@ratt1972
The GameCube part is on hold for the moment. I've got some of it working, but I just haven't had the time to get it finished. It would probably be a higher priority if GameCube games were playable from WBFS. That would be cool
smile.gif

DasXero

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
fig2k4 said:
@DasXero
That's a problem I've been trying to figure out for a while. I know now that if an error orccurs in a thread, then it just dies, with no apparent reason. It should show in the log what happened now though. If you can send me one of the old logs with the error it could help.

Files transferred to a FAT32/NTFS are converted to WBFS files. They're basically the exact same format as a WBFS drive containing 1 game, stored in a file.

If the source is available for the .SyncScrub format I could have a look.

BTW, WBFS files should be roughly the same size as CISO. Theres no real benefit to using CISO if you then convert to WBFS file to play it anyway.
I uploaded all my WBM Logs and will send you a link in a sec.

Oh lol, didn't know that.

WBFSSync is open source, located here: WBFSSync
It hasn't been updated in a while.

Well, I don't like my computers HDD clogged up I guess. Every byte counts for me. Example-> if you say, have 300 games all saving 10 Megabytes each it doesn't seem like much, but in the end it's 3000 Megabytes, see?

Thanks for the reply!

fig2k4

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Here's a quick video of the covers downloading on the fly. Obviously it needs tweaked a bit, but it's getting faster and more stable all the time.

I think it would be better showing just 1 cover type with the game info. Maybe even a 3D box that can be rotated/zoomed, with the CD inside that can be viewed by clicking on the box. Just downloading the 1 cover type would be much faster though, so I'll see what happens.
smile.gif

I rewrote this from scratch again so there's no threads used whatsoever. I'll eventually use the same job queue system for the transfers so that each transfer job (ie. each 1 file transfer) will create and destroy it's own thread. That way, if an error occurs during that job then all the others won't be affected.

redia

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
fig2k4,

big up,
once again I can't wait to test this new feature !

as usual here are my comments :
- I agree with you, only one pic should be shown, or you could maybe give us the option on which one to show or not. (the download would run accordingly)
- 3d box !!! man you are crazy.. get a life !! lol
- even if you do on the fly download, please make sure you add a "download missing pic" button.. it is so useful.

other than that, I can't wait... bravo !

R

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
looking great fig2k4, seriously, u rock!

just a couple quick suggestions, I think you should make the cover-type selection option for which covers to display and which covers to download seperate. For example, I personally would like to download all the available covers, but would only like to view the 3d cover. And as redia already mentioned, a download missing covers button would be useful.

Also, I think it would be useful that if a user has an image for a game that isn't available on wiitdb, maybe WBM could upload it automatically to wiitdb servers so its easily made available to everyone, or instead perhaps prompt the user to upload the image to benefit the rest of the community. The main issue with this idea is quality control... anyways, this isn't a huge deal, but I thought I'd mention it anyways.

redia

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
XFlak said:
Also, I think it would be useful that if a user has an image for a game that isn't available on wiitdb, maybe WBM could upload it automatically to wiitdb servers so its easily made available to everyone, or instead perhaps prompt the user to upload the image to benefit the rest of the community. The main issue with this idea is quality control... anyways, this isn't a huge deal, but I thought I'd mention it anyways.

I like the idea.. but I am worried about quality control as you mentioned.
I haven't looked at wiitdb submission routine, but maybe you could enlighten us.

R

fig2k4

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
I got the IOS version thing working, but I remember now why I didn't finish it before. Because of the way things are loaded, the IOS version will only show for ISO files. The Wii discs inside archives and WBFS files aren't fully parsed until transferred etc. I could probably come up with a quick way to grab the IOS version, but it'll still add time to the loading process.

I've made a start on the options for the covers. It'll be possible to ignore any types you don't want. You can choose to display and/or download each type individually. Only the currently displayed cover types would be downloaded on the fly and all others would need to be downloaded using the "Download missing" menu item.

The output folders can be set individually, or just choose the main cover folder and use the default layout ("\Covers", "\Covers\3D", "\Covers\Disc", "\Covers\Full")

The cover region order can be customised, with the default taken from the current language file. I might add a titles.txt/database language default option in the language files too, so simply changing the language via the menu will set things up more or less how most people who speak that language would want it.

I don't think I'll attempt the WiiTDB uploads just now. It would make it too easy to upload loads of junk. Maybe it would be better if there was a way to upload to a "review" area, where the covers were only added to the database if they were accepted. I'm not sure if that's how it works already, I've never tried.
smile.gif

Edit:
I forgot to mention that the Wiki went tits up. After only a few days, the database got corrupted and I had to reinstall everything. It kinda put me off.
tongue.gif
I'll take up tj_cool on the offer to use WikiTemp when I have time to spend on setting things up. Hopefully the YouTube extension is installed by then.
smile.gif

airline38

Trophies
XP
Country
Taiwan
@fig2k4 , seems u have already built a beta version of 0.3.7 with covers downloading
function as well as showing game's IOS.

Will u consider to release a beta version for people to test ? I would like to be a volunteer
to help u to test - especially to test under 'Traditional Chinese' language interface.

BTW, regarding the IOS version of a game ,I don't know how difficult for u to check the tmd.bin
from a wbfs file . The IOS value is located at address '18b' of the tmd.bin (DATA partition).

madrat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
When I start the program, there is an information, that the date has a wrong size. After that the programm do nothing. what is the problem?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: Gross. lol