Ato Puro

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
Raikage46 said:
thanks, it's more fun to slash the opponents on your own(by pressing buttons) ^^
Unless you play 6+hrs online. Got some sweet items (@lvl8 but @ rank6....) in PvP. Which, btw, can be very rewarding if you choose a spellcaster (like Jackal) and shoot some spells at meele chars during the last minute (double points).

Btw, I see people mentioning you can warp in town. How do you do that? They could have used Wii Remote pointer feature to shoot bolts and spells. Funny, how one of the best games for Wii doesn't require the Wii Remote main feature.

silkyskeeter

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Not trying to spoil anything(for those who arent this far, which is at pretty much the first beginning) but wtf is Ganondorf doing in this game? LoL

ganonwtf.jpg

On another note, THIS GAME IS EPIC!!!!!!

Juanmatron

Slater Color
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
I try it and looks like a bad 360 port for Wii. Automatic attack sucks, crossbow is just LOL, the game doesn't use Wii skills like IR and so many boring videos. It's like a FFXIII but with worse Battle System and more boring videos.

Conclusion: The Last Story

Goli

RPG
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Juanmatron said:
I try it and looks like a bad 360 port for Wii. Automatic attack sucks, crossbow is just LOL, the game doesn't use Wii skills like IR and so many boring videos. It's like a FFXIII but with worse Battle System and more boring videos.

silkyskeeter

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Giga_Gaia said:
Now, we play the waiting game. Will Nintendo release this in NA and Europe or not?
Well Nintendo confirmed that they would not be making a Multi 5 of the game, which doesnt count it out as not coming to USA or EU. Just means they have no plans to put it into multiple languages. Nintendo made some BS excuse about too many things being on their plate. Then afterwards they said its all depends on sales..... I love my Japanese ppl, but they are making me hate them with this translation Bs.

QUOTE(Juanmatron @ Jan 29 2011, 10:33 AM) I try it and looks like a bad 360 port for Wii. Automatic attack sucks, crossbow is just LOL, the game doesn't use Wii skills like IR and so many boring videos. It's like a FFXIII but with worse Battle System and more boring videos.

Juanmatron

Slater Color
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Goli said:
Juanmatron said:

Goli

RPG
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Juanmatron said:
Goli said:
Juanmatron said:

paulee123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Played it, passed 1st boss from trailer. intial impressions. Very good. Gfx are good and detailed (Sd tv used). Seems atmosphric. my only gripe is the frame rate needs some work.
I'm talking some cutscene bits, after 1st boss coming fthrun the cave when the lookup at the sky. on my system it stutters dunno if its down to ios's etc.

But i can say i will definately buy the English version, which is coming in October/November 2011 time. hopefully mistwalker can re-touch up the western version over the jap version a bit.

overall great game
nayps3.gif

Juanmatron

Slater Color
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Goli said:
Juanmatron said:
Goli said:
Juanmatron said:

Goli

RPG
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Ato Puro said:
Unless you play 6+hrs online. Got some sweet items (@lvl8 but @ rank6....) in PvP. Which, btw, can be very rewarding if you choose a spellcaster (like Jackal) and shoot some spells at meele chars during the last minute (double points).

Btw, I see people mentioning you can warp in town. How do you do that? They could have used Wii Remote pointer feature to shoot bolts and spells. Funny, how one of the best games for Wii doesn't require the Wii Remote main feature.
You can warp in town by using the Map part in the Menu, this way you can get chests or items you might have missed the first time you went to each place.

Juanmatron said:
Goli said:
Juanmatron said:
QUOTE(Goli @ Jan 29 2011, 05:29 PM)
You can change the auto-attack thingy to manual. And it isn't boring provided you know Japanese, so you can actually understand the cutscenes. This is specially idiotic considering Xenoblade had MUCH MUCH more, yet you put it on top of it.
Also, orthography errors everywhere! @_@

How? And tell me I can control the crossbow with IR if I touch the options.

And no. Xenoblade has minor cutscenes and if you hate them just push + button and go. No talk about BIGGER overworld.
Go to the Options menu, second controller screen, change the Attack Type thing from Normal to Manual, problem solved!
(This is even more stupid when we consider Xenoblade HAD AUTO ATTACKS TOO, AND YOU COULDN'T CHANGE THEM!)
You can't change the crossbow stuff (or at least I don't remember it being possible, I'll check when I play again), but it isn't really necessary.
Finally, Xenoblade has a ton of cutscenes. And yes you can skip them by pressing +. In The Last Story you can fast-forward them by pressing and holding the A button.

Xenoblade's battle system has something named "arts" that you have to select strategically based off the current situation.

Anyway, I'll try that. Thanks.
I thought we were talking about normal attacks here, which like I said can be set to manual in The Last Story, not so much in Xenoblade. And The Last Story has something like "arts" too, each character has different skills which you have to know how to use in order to win. For example, having Kanan in your party is useful because she has Holy (and later, Shining), after Holy is cast you can use the little circle thing (whose name I forgot) to give everyone Barrier, which decreases the damage taken by everyone, by using Elza's Wind ability. There are plenty of others so you probably should keep playing it until you realize how wrong you are by jumping to conclusions after playing like 30 minutes. And while you only control Elza for the most part, you CAN direct the member's AI using command mode, which you unlock later on.

Pattonfiend67

You're F'ng Out!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Zeroneo said:
naglaro00 said:
Yes I skimmed all through the 8 pages

How much english are in the game?
Zeroneo said:
naglaro00 said:
Menu Titles mostly. The game isn't that English-friendly.

huh? everything in the game except for the dialogue, the subtitles and the items are in English... what game are you playing?

Ato Puro

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
Goli said:
I thought we were talking about normal attacks here, which like I said can be set to manual in The Last Story, not so much in Xenoblade. And The Last Story has something like "arts" too, each character has different skills which you have to know how to use in order to win. For example, having Kanan in your party is useful because she has Holy (and later, Shining), after Holy is cast you can use the little circle thing (whose name I forgot) to give everyone Barrier, which decreases the damage taken by everyone, by using Elza's Wind ability. There are plenty of others so you probably should keep playing it until you realize how wrong you are by jumping to conclusions after playing like 30 minutes. And while you only control Elza for the most part, you CAN direct the member's AI using command mode, which you unlock later on.

Thanks Goli (about town warps). That works for dungeons as well, and although you don't get XP, there are new chests, so you may get some rare items (although I found the Battle Arena more rewarding so far).

About Elza "arts" (the game calls it "skills", actually); they're pretty helpful, especially in single player mode. Have Jackal cast his ice spell and then use Elza wind attack (hold A). This causes monsters to slip a couple of times -- enough to get a dozen hits in. Fire causes armor breakage, no element breaks enemies' healing circle and it goes on.

Great game. I just wonder if there are people cheating in PvP, because I've seen one or two people 1 hit killing me with 4000+ damage + status (beto beto) while most people were doing ~900. I don't know if they advanced in game and got better equips (also from boss raids). I know I ditched Mario Kart when I got in the 8000 points range due to cheaters. I'd hate to see PvP ruined by cheaters.

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
paulee123 said:
Played it, passed 1st boss from trailer. intial impressions. Very good. Gfx are good and detailed (Sd tv used). Seems atmosphric. my only gripe is the frame rate needs some work.
I'm talking some cutscene bits, after 1st boss coming fthrun the cave when the lookup at the sky. on my system it stutters dunno if its down to ios's etc.

But i can say i will definately buy the English version, which is coming in October/November 2011 time. hopefully mistwalker can re-touch up the western version over the jap version a bit.

overall great game
nayps3.gif

Englsh release? Do you have any proof?

Ato Puro

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
paulee123 said:

overall great game
nayps3.gif
That reminded me: anyone else notices slow downs (some sudden frame rate drop)? I can understand it on Boss Raids, but there are some cut-scenes where I don't believe it should be happening.

Where did you get that release date from, by the way?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto