Visual novel 'Hauma - A Detective Noir Story' gets release date

HAUMA.jpg

Germany-based developer SenAm have today announced the PC launch date of their upcoming visual novel Hauma - A Detective Noir Story. For the occasion, a new trailer was aired:

Hauma’s narrative follows Judith, a former detective forced out of retirement by a variety of suspicious events taking place among Munich’s upper class. Players will explore real-world locations from the historic House of Art, to other locations while discovering pieces of hidden history that reveal information on the city’s past.

Key features of Hauma - A Detective Noir Story include:
  • More than Meets the Eye: Embark on a journey of deduction and intrigue, uncover the secrets of Munich's elite corrupt society, and piece together the puzzle of the conspiracy that lies within.
  • Enter the Mind Palace: Become acquainted with the mindboard, an innovative inventory of interconnected items and thoughts that, when weaved together correctly, uncover clues and unravel mysteries.
  • Draw Your Own Conclusions: Utilize engaging investigation mechanics, including a variety of puzzles and challenging dialogue riddles.
  • Comic-Inspired Storytelling: Exhibited in vibrant, graphic-novel-styled art, Hauma visually engages you in a gripping story and doesn’t let you go until you’ve unearthed every last conspiracy.
  • Hear Me Out: Hauma features a fully voiced cinematic adventure featuring a diverse cast and evocative characters.
Hauma - A Detective Noir Story launches this September 11th on PC via Steam and GOG. A Switch version is planned to launch at a later date.

:arrow: SOURCE: GBAtemp Inbox

benone

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I like the artworks! based on the trailer, it's hard to have an idea of the gameplay.

Edit: oops, yeah. it's a visual novel!

nWo

The Game Master
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Mexico
My favorite visual novels are Raging Loop and Fatal Twelve. I also put in there Phoenix Wright original trilogy, but I don't count them as visual novels for the other aspects of the game. But those are on the top, in my opinion. I have tried several, several visual novels but they do not caught my attention. If you know of another great visual novel out there on Switch, please let me know. I love the genre, is just difficult to find gems of that magnitude.

Reactions: Phearoz

Paolosworld

Dionicio3's best friend
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My favorite visual novels are Raging Loop and Fatal Twelve. I also put in there Phoenix Wright original trilogy, but I don't count them as visual novels for the other aspects of the game. But those are on the top, in my opinion. I have tried several, several visual novels but they do not caught my attention. If you know of another great visual novel out there on Switch, please let me know. I love the genre, is just difficult to find gems of that magnitude.
Zero escape series. Done.
Also I've heard some really harsh criticisms of Raging Loop which has prevented me from ever pursuing it. I also got to work my way through the house of fata morgana first, which I heard was an all timer.
Look at this steam review of Raging Loop. Do you agree/disagree?
Capture.JPG

Visual novel, not japanese, hard pass
Worst thing I've read all day.

F2dEmqibEAI9czd.jpg

Reactions: HomeStarRunnerTron

ZeroFX

why?
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Also I've heard some really harsh criticisms of Raging Loop which has prevented me from ever pursuing it. I also got to work my way through the house of fata morgana first, which I heard was an all timer.
View attachment 387156

View attachment 387157
regarding visual novels my country nails it pretty much, butts be hurt

Phearoz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
One of the very best visual novels I've ever played, currently toward the end of it, Paranormasight! Phenomenal. *Incredibly* Japanese, even sponsored by the Sumida tourism board. Truly shocked it was localized. Square Enix published too.

No voice acting and the auto-mode is a little too slow or too fast imo, but some of the best writing/memorable characters/OST.
Post automatically merged:

View attachment 387156

View attachment 387157
Dude it's so true though. The last non-JP visual novel I played was a clusterfuck of confusion I was just begging to end. Sekimeiya: Spun Glass.

The only great non-JP I've ever played is the 4chan one, Kawata Shoujo iirc;

Reactions: nWo and ZeroFX

nWo

The Game Master
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Mexico
View attachment 387156

View attachment 387157
Well that review is being kinda harsh. It has some issues but to be honest, it's not something to avoid the game entirely. Some dull moments here and there, but you know every game has those.

It is a great novel involving paranormal things and the classic elimination system but!! it does keep you on your toes for about 3/4 of the game. So I do recommend it. Along with Fatal Twelve, this one is on the top of the list for me. Give it a try!!! don't be harsh and give it about hour and a half... I am sure that at that point, you will get hooked up!!

populustree

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
L + ratio + stinky weeb + touch grass + themisquotingthinghasn'tbeenfunnysincekindergardenpilled + you use windows

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: There has to be some mutual agreement with them all anything over $600 is just pc territory