Release date for 'Tails: The Backbone Preludes' announced

backbone.JPG

Announced last September, developer Eggnut and publisher Raw Fury have provided a release date for Tails: The Backbone Preludes, the prequel to the detective noir title Backbone. To accompany the announcement a trailer was aired:

Tails: The Backbone Preludes is a post-noir narrative adventure with branching choices, focused on an intertwined series of vignettes about change, circumstance, and consequence. Guide four different characters through formative moments in their lives, all set to the backdrop of a gorgeously pixelized dystopian Vancouver inhabited by anthropomorphic animals.

Key features of Tails: The Backbone Preludes include:
  • A powerful narrative of growth and change: Experience key moments in the lives of the main cast, set them on the path of self-realization or even destruction, and experience the growing pains of a world on the cusp of irreversible change.
  • Four stories, united by a common future: Explore the intricate backstories of Backbone alums Howard, Clarissa, and Renee, and meet Eli, the scientist who made a shocking discovery that will change the world.
  • Built for replayability: A brand-new branching tree interface allows you to track your choices, not only as you play each story, but every time you return for another run.
  • Play your way: Return to the world of dystopian Vancouver to learn more about your favorite characters, or start at the beginning - you can play Backbone and Tails in either order.
  • Gorgeous visuals: Players can revisit iconic locations such as Gastown, as well as explore new spaces like high-class homes and cozy college dorm rooms, all brought to life with the series' engrossingly detailed pixel art style.
  • Another banger of a soundtrack: Doom jazz makes a triumphant return in a brand-new original soundtrack by Danshin, perfectly accompanying the themes and characters of each story under a single melodic umbrella.
Tails: The Backbone Preludes launches this February 2nd on Steam.

:arrow: SOURCE: GBAtemp Inbox

TobiasAmaranth

Trophies
Website
werewolfdarkarts.com
XP
Country
United States
Shocking lack of people in this thread who poked at the previous Backbone.

It's an interesting story, though slightly hands-off from our personal input. This one seems to be even more in that fashion, but I'm loving the sound of the "branching tree interface allows you to track your choices" part of things.

Most surprising to me, however, is how quickly it's coming out. Usually a small game like Backbone wouldn't have anything further, and if it does, it'd be 4-5 years. I don't -think- it's been all that long...

But really, furry noir is not at all an uncommon theme. Chicken Police and Inspector Waffles to name two others, plus the book Inhuman Acts featured a lot with that theme. Glad to get a chance to revisit it, and I hope it's even better than the last.

Prans

Geek, gamer, human
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Shocking lack of people in this thread who poked at the previous Backbone.

It's an interesting story, though slightly hands-off from our personal input. This one seems to be even more in that fashion, but I'm loving the sound of the "branching tree interface allows you to track your choices" part of things.

Most surprising to me, however, is how quickly it's coming out. Usually a small game like Backbone wouldn't have anything further, and if it does, it'd be 4-5 years. I don't -think- it's been all that long...

But really, furry noir is not at all an uncommon theme. Chicken Police and Inspector Waffles to name two others, plus the book Inhuman Acts featured a lot with that theme. Glad to get a chance to revisit it, and I hope it's even better than the last.
I'm also intrigued by the new narrative design and look forward to how it delivers, especially compared to Backbone (which we reviewed here).

TobiasAmaranth

Trophies
Website
werewolfdarkarts.com
XP
Country
United States
Played backbone, it was ok, they definitely know who they're catering for, and I mean... it's working so far.
Will make sure to play this when it comes out :creep:
Yup. Science fiction fans. Cuz I almost never come across furries who care about non-mainstream furry content. Lazy bastards. XD Like how no one knows about Vulcane from Asterigos because the game isn't mainstream.

ChaosInJapan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
The first Backbone dissapointed me in absolutely all levels. The game had the style and gameplay that usually makes my day, but the story, duration and depth was far from decent. Indie game or not.

The genre has plenty of indie titles that match the nostalgia, humor and decent writing of the “adventure game” era. Check out those.

I won’t get anywhere closer this one.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.