'The Callisto Protocol' story DLC to launch later this month

calisto prot.jpg

The Callisto Protocol, the sci-fi horror title from the creators of Dead Space, launched last December with mixed reception. The game is now slated for a story DLC, titled Final Transmission, launching later this month. The announcement was made via the game's official Twitter account which was accompanied by a teaser trailer:

The Callisto Protocol - Final Transmission DLC will launch on June 27 on PlayStation, followed by a wider release on June 29 for all other platforms.

:arrow: SOURCE

gaga941021

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary

The Callisto Protocol, the sci-fi horror title from the creators of Dead Space, launched last December with mixed reception. The game is now slated for a story DLC, titled Final Transmission, launching later this month. The announcement was made via the game's official Twitter account which was accompanied by a teaser trailer:

The Callisto Protocol - Final Transmission DLC will launch on June 27 on PlayStation, followed by a wider release on June 29 for all other platforms.

:arrow: SOURCE
How on earth do you manage to post 3 days old news on a website like this?

James_

aka Underscore_ or 'that Meowstic guy'
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Maybe because the news team have a life outside of this site and only now got around to posting this?

Lazyboss

Trophies
XP
Country
United Arab Emirates
Maybe because the news team have a life outside of this site and only now got around to posting this?
You said it yourself, "news team", and news team should update regularly and never late.
Not hating on anyone, I'm thankful for the news, but this guy has a point.

hertzian56

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow pretty impressive turnaround, cyberpunk took 3 years for the one and only dlc, assuming we even get it later this year, how one studio can fall off a cliff so high like cpdr post tw3 is boggling. Didn't bother w this game but kudos.

urbanman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Still sorta disappointed w/ how this game turned out after much anticipation on my part. I'll be waiting years to come after there's a steep discount before I even consider purchasing this title.

RedColoredStars

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Wasn't it you that told someone else "Then watch it on YouTube"? Same thing applies. Guess you can get your news from the place that had it three days earlier.

Still sorta disappointed w/ how this game turned out after much anticipation on my part. I'll be waiting years to come after there's a steep discount before I even consider purchasing this title.

I wasn't disappointed whatsoever, had a fun time with the game, and am looking forward the the additional story. I know the PC version had loads of issues on release, but I believe they're mostly taken care of. I played on PS5 and I don't think the console versions ever had as many issues.

Megadriver94

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm hoping to get the on either Xbox One, or perhaps even PC...
I still remember the people saying how buggy and glitched up it it was, not only on PS4 and PS5, but even on The Xbox consoles and PC at launch time. I wonder if at that time, it gave the average Creation Engine 1.0 game a run for its money... :unsure:

urbanman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wasn't disappointed whatsoever, had a fun time with the game, and am looking forward the the additional story. I know the PC version had loads of issues on release, but I believe they're mostly taken care of. I played on PS5 and I don't think the console versions ever had as many issues.
I actually game on PC...

RedColoredStars

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I actually game on PC...

I actually never mentioned what you game on. I mentioned what I played on & made a general statement that I don't think the console versions had the severe issues the PC version did. And as stated, I'm pretty sure the PC issues have been taken care of. It's also on sale right now on Steam for 50% off. Or for $15 bucks give or take from 3rd party key sellers.

Lol. I'm still stuck at the platform ride xD

It's all about the GRP. Can insta-kill enemies with that thing. I don't think I even had to go through that section twice.

Last edited by RedColoredStars,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How do you know if the night will be good when you're asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    because i didn't say i was asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i said i was sleeping...
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sleeping with uremum
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Even my mum slept on that uremum
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    yall im torn... ive been hacking away at tales of phantasia GBA (the USA version) and have so many documents of reverse engineering i've done
    I just found out that the EU version is better in literally every way, better sound quality, better lighting, and there's even a patch someone made to make the text look nicer
    Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall experience? or do I continue with the US version since that is what ive been using, and if someone decides to play my hack, it would most likely be that version?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @TwoSpikedHands just switch, all the knowledge you learned still applies and most of the code and assets should be the same anyway
    and realistically they wouldn't

be able to play it legally anyway since they need a ROM and they probably don't have the means to dump it themselves
    why the shit does the shitbox randomly insert newlines in my messages
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It does that when I edit a post.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It inserts a newline in a random spot.
    never had that i don't think
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    do y'all think having an sd card that has a write speed of 700kb/s is a bad idea?
    trying to restore emunand rn but it's taking ages... (also when I finished the first time hekate decided to delete all my fucking files :wacko:)
    @Karma177 that sd card is 100% faulty so yes, its a bad idea
    even the slowest non-sdhc sd cards are a few MB/s
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    @The Real Jdbye it hasn't given me any error trying to write things on it so I don't really think it's faulty (pasted 40/50gb+ folders and no write errors)
    Karma177 @ Karma177: @The Real Jdbye it hasn't given me any error trying to write things on it so I don't really...