Sashinco

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
QUOTE(jono@home @ Nov 3 2010, 01:27 PM)
laurenz said:
Anyone knows how to convert NTSC save to PAL version? I got the NTSC version now but I live in europe, so I'm affraid that online will be laggy for me because I will be connected with americans.

Just keep the NTSC version, as far as I am aware online is universal, irrespective of what region you are playing.

Actually, I played my first online games, and it was as fast as it could be, not laggy at all. Played with NTSC version on Japanese Wii, in France... Cannot be more multi-cultural... So I'd say the same as Jono@home...

Hielkenator said:
Scorpin200 said:
waste of a disc

"LOL, what are you talking about?"

he means the game sucks, and the control is the worst part.....black ops cant come any sooner.

lol you guys don't know a good game if you saw one.

Totally agree on this one... I think the online is cool, and the 1 player campaign too (I am playing with the GC controller which is totally cool! Maybe classic controller pro is better, but had only a classic non-pro one...). So far, I'm not disappointed at all with this game, the online (since I didn't play local with friends yet) remember me of old times on 64, and even if I didn't play much, I really enjoyed it!

QUOTE(stanleyopar2000 @ Nov 3 2010, 05:38 PM)
is this a remake with the same levels from the n64 version?

it better be
angry.gif

Why the f*ck would you want a remake for? Get out your 64 and play the old one instead... I bet everybody here loves the original game, and there is some stuffs in common, but if it was exactly the same, I wouldn't bother...

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Has anyone been comparing the NTSC vs PAL release?

It might be in my head but, I am experiencing alot of lag in the wii pointer playing the PAL version...
Anybody elso noticed this?

XLarge

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Wow this game is so nice!! Really fun. Check it out guys! You just need to get a hang of the controls, the nunchuk wii-mote combo is the best imo.

Sashinco

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
XLarge said:
Wow this game is so nice!! Really fun. Check it out guys! You just need to get a hang of the controls, the nunchuk wii-mote combo is the best imo.

I'd vote for the gamecube controller, but haven't tried the wiimote yet, will check it out later then!
smile.gif

Mikk0

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Finland
well it tried it out fast after burning, seems nice.. little playing will show if its worth the hype
smile.gif

also a little side note: i did not try to change the control config with mote+nuncha but the default setting seems bit slowish/non reactive as i'dd hope they'dd be.. but atleast the hint box told me that i could adjust them to please my taste

Coto

-
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
This one rocks! Better than DS version, but not "as" good as GE:007 64.

Gamecube controller seems to fit quite nice to me, better responsivity, but too much sometimes haha. What I didn´t expected, was the ability to change movement/aim sensivity, which is great!

And so far I finished the 1st mission.

Neversoft

Trophies
XP
Country
The graphics don't exactly blow my socks off and personally I find the Wii Remote settings (by default) quite awkward and twitchy. Found myself switching to my Classic Controller (not Pro) and the control scheme is much better. The game itself is excellent and simultaneously reminds me of the classic N64 version and provides an excellent re-working of it.

Those looking at the N64 version through rose-tinted specs will insist that it's a better game. I disagree. It was certainly more cutting edge and genre defining but this is essentially the same game but pimped for a new audience.

Overall, good job.

StathisK

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
First impressions:
Game is somewhere between The Conduit and CoD:MWR it reminds me both.
So far I m in LvL 2 in Missions and Level 9 in Multiplayer.
Controls feel a bit awkward and I have a lot of lag in Multiplayer.
Would be nice if there was wii speak support or pdp headset.
I believe this game will lack a lot of players due to the release of Black Ops next week, or i m interested to see how it will go against Black Ops, which are two entirely different games to start with.
I give 9/10 for effort and 7/10 for final outcome.
Can i get a confirmation about the lag from other European players?

Sashinco

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
StathisK said:

I only played 2 games online, but didn't have any lag...
As fast as it could be... But am playing the NTSC Version, on a Japanese wii... but still, am in France, and no pb for that... Wondering why u have that lag...

One thing though, playing on Neogamma... I couldn't play online with USB Loader GX (error code: 20200), so tried Neogamma, which I normally never use, and it worked fine.

StathisK

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Sashinco said:
StathisK said:

As fast as it could be... But am playing the NTSC Version, on a Japanese wii... but still, am in France, and no pb for that... Wondering why u have that lag...

Are you playing through ethernet or wLan?

Sashinco

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
StathisK said:
Sashinco said:
StathisK said:

Are you playing through ethernet or wLan?

wLan? Bet you meant wi-fi? Then, yes, not ethernet. Plus, I must admit, when I first tried it, I didn't cut my downloads and uploads, and my connection wasn't at her best (even though I wasn't downloading like a pig at that time...)
Like I said, only tried 2 games, but didn't even have a bit of lag for the 18 minutes of play I did.

QUOTE(coursemyhorse @ Nov 5 2010, 12:10 PM)
Hey guys, can someone confirm for me what firmware is required for this game? I don't have homebrew and only play with a drivekey version 2 on firmware err....the one that NSMB requires. I think 3.4E ?
Cheers guys

I don't know what minimum firmware is required for that game, but I know I am either on 4.1J or 4.2J... If you don't have homebrew, well, maybe you should try to get a hold on it to install some waninkoko's safe updates...

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
StathisK said:
First impressions:
Game is somewhere between The Conduit and CoD:MWR it reminds me both.
So far I m in LvL 2 in Missions and Level 9 in Multiplayer.
Controls feel a bit awkward and I have a lot of lag in Multiplayer.
Would be nice if there was wii speak support or pdp headset.
I believe this game will lack a lot of players due to the release of Black Ops next week, or i m interested to see how it will go against Black Ops, which are two entirely different games to start with.
I give 9/10 for effort and 7/10 for final outcome.

Yes was unplayable for me....

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Neversoft said:
The graphics don't exactly blow my socks off and personally I find the Wii Remote settings (by default) quite awkward and twitchy. Found myself switching to my Classic Controller (not Pro) and the control scheme is much better. The game itself is excellent and simultaneously reminds me of the classic N64 version and provides an excellent re-working of it.

Those looking at the N64 version through rose-tinted specs will insist that it's a better game. I disagree. It was certainly more cutting edge and genre defining but this is essentially the same game but pimped for a new audience.

Overall, good job.

I think it's more than a reworking... It's more epic and immersive. And I really like the gritty Graig. Absolutely a modern bond.
The storytelling is the best . It makes you feel your really there, despite the graphics ...
Still, after playing for a few hours, still not happy with the controls. Shame really.

Any body have tips to make it feel like Metroid?

Arm73

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Neversoft said:
The graphics don't exactly blow my socks off and personally I find the Wii Remote settings (by default) quite awkward and twitchy. Found myself switching to my Classic Controller (not Pro) and the control scheme is much better. ..............

There is a guy actually on gamespot forums that twicked the controls to make it more "CoD friendly".
I tried it, and to my surprise it really made a huge difference and now the controls for the Wii remote/chuck are as good as it gets.
And I was surprised too, because for me the cursor was too sensitive, and following those settings I had to turn the sensitiveness on max so I was worried, but it actually works.
Here we go ( with the blessing of the mods ):

CODEGood afternoon ladies & gentlemen,

Some of you may possibly remember my thread a year ago, when Modern Warfare: Relfex was released for Wii. In it, I re-created perfectly the default settings to World at War's control scheme, and I've since been tinkering with the controls on GoldenEye to also re-create them. Whilst this is a work in progress, and some controls may be further tweaked, it's already proving to be fairly accurate.

If any of you would like to control the game as if you were playing Call of Duty, please follow the steps below.

Go to the Wii's controller settings on the GoldenEye menu, and click Customize.

Go into cursor settings and do the following;

Set the deadzone to 15 above, 35 across.

Set the maximum turn to 100 (which is default)

Set the horizontal speed to 30

Set the verticle speed to 9

Set the cursor sensitivity to MAXIMUM.

Now go into the ADS options, and do the following;

Set the deadzone to 17 above, 17 across.

Set the maximum turn to 90 above, 90 across.

Set the horizontal speed to 20

Set the verticle speed to 10

Set the cursor sensitivity to MAXIMUM.

Now exit those options, and set the camera to; Wii Remote Turning, and turn 'Look' OFF.

Have the Auto re-centre and Turn while cursor off-screen settings ON.

Let me know what you think!

by TQ_NintyNoE

OGTiago

Trophies
Website
google.pt
XP
Country
Working for me, the second mission glitched out or something I couldn't complete the objective and when I turned off the Wii it stayed on and I had to turn off by the plug. I hope it's not a problem with the game working.

So far I am liking it, I like the way stealth is implemented. I have seen better controls on Wii, COD WAW controls would have been better.

LoneGunman

Trophies
XP
Country
Hielkenator said:
Still, after playing for a few hours, still not happy with the controls. Shame really.

Any body have tips to make it feel like Metroid?

If you've got one use a GameCube controller. Makes it a million times better imo.

I have to say the mere fact I've played all the way through the SP means its a quality game to me as I've not bothered playing hardly any of the recently released games. I'd go as far as saying its probably the best FPS game on the Wii and its a shame its let down by the now poor non-HD graphics, however despite that it's not stopped me playing it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bgCjp3-rF_Y