GoldenEye 007 official remaster announced by Rare, for Xbox and Switch

GoldenEye 007 was confirmed to be part of the Nintendo Switch Online offerings of N64 titles during the Nintendo Direct today, but that wasn't all--the game will be getting a full remaster treatment, courtesy of Rare. A number of improvements will be made to the classic, including 4K resolution, smoother framerate, achievements, 16:9 widescreen, and online play. Dual analog stick support has also been added, to modernize the control scheme. If you own Rare Replay, you'll get the game for free, or if you have Xbox Game Pass, GoldenEye 007 will also be a part of that library.

:arrow: Source

M7L7NK7

Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
Australia
Online is switch only

Attachments

• Fci5MeDWQAI3OgA.png
    Fci5MeDWQAI3OgA.png
    85 KB · Views: 87

Harsky

Madmin
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The planets really aligned if Eon, Microsoft and Nintendo came to an agreement to have this released. Just like Banjo Kazooie, it seems like Switch version is basic but Xbox version is the enhanced version so here's hoping we'll get more Rareware N64 games.

gZa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Just when I thought I was done with this after unlocking 007 mode playing on my modded Wii.

Got a lot of choices/flavours to choose from on my SteamDeck now. :yay:

Reactions: NakedFaerie

JMSH

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If Xbox doesn’t have online I’m assuming it’s the original ROM with enhancements, thus overhauling MP to be one screen with networking was too far.

Dankstorm

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I've been waiting for ages for this following the rumors and I'm crushed by the no PC release.
Guess it's still gonna be the emu that let's you play with mouse and keyboard for that game

brunocar

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
The planets really aligned if Eon, Microsoft and Nintendo came to an agreement to have this released. Just like Banjo Kazooie, it seems like Switch version is basic but Xbox version is the enhanced version so here's hoping we'll get more Rareware N64 games.
remember, amazon owns 007 now and nobody has exclusive rights to games based on the IP currently, it was the perfect time for this.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Also nice. Never really watched Fallout on Prime, but sounds like a good show.