Beloved classic GoldenEye 007 lands on Switch and Xbox this week

GoldenEye007box.jpg

One of Rare's most well-known titles is hitting modern platforms this week. GoldenEye 007 is launching on Xbox through Game Pass and Nintendo Switch on January 27th, marking the first re-release of the 1997 N64 game, not counting a remake in 2010 made by Eurocom. Online multiplayer will be an included feature, exclusive to the Nintendo Switch version of the game, while the Xbox release will have traditional split-screen multiplayer.

:arrow: Source

BigOnYa

Has A Very Big
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
local man loves wasting money.
sorry CommanderCool, meant to respond to:
Post automatically merged:

I never played Any James Bond games. Wanted play this on my switch lite. But can't. Shame Nintendo i buyed a year subscription
it's not released yet, so yea won't see yet

Last edited by BigOnYa,

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I’m so glad the sound issues were just an old version of the emulation used for the promo video: but surely that in itself was a bad decision?!

Sell your product in the best possible light, not and old version with bugs and sounds missing?!

Regardless, I look forward to playing it this evening :)

adamsef

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
As a younger guy who bought an n64 back in the day and played the shit out of this game! And absolutely loved every single pixel and Meg of this game
Wellllllll
After downloading this monstrosity on Xbox earlier before I say just leave it in the past.. I hate to say it as I love the game but it’s a big fat no from me!

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Tried it… not impressed. It would only be acceptable if they released it for free. Charging for such a half assed port is hilarious and really takes me back to the early 2010s… I HATED that era of gaming… This is a shameless cash grab and the only people blindly praising it are in it for the nostalgia.

|<roni&g

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why people who bought the disc version like me getting excluded on purpose? I bought the game on release day at full price!:angry:

Yes I'm in the same boat, came as a surprise when I put the disk in then read that it's for digital RR only. And to top it off, I read RR digital was like $7 a while ago & it's 19.99 now. So annoying/unfair

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This remaster becomes even more obvious of how lazy it is when you take into account they didn't even add a simple dot/plus to the center of the screen.

The World is Not Enough had it:

Hopefully with the decompilation we'll get a proper remaster for PC, PS3/PS4, Vita, Wii U, Switch, etc. Maybe even PS2. 😆

Reactions: BigOnYa

Thardus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have tried on a Raspberry Pi4 (8 GB RAM) and it was laughably bad, I have seen it running on Retroarch via Xbox series S and it was quite slow and jerky too.

I believe the smoothness of emulation is down to the underlying hardware architecture rather than how powerful its processor / how much RAM it has, along with the choice of emulator and the actual game itself. For example Super Mario 64 runs with no issues at all on the Raspberry Pi4
I agree. It's terrible on a pi4. But it's not a high powered PC as you stated.

Cha0tic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i just find it funny that people are paying $50/annum for a game rental of a game which is very easy to acquire and own.

I find it funny that many assume anyone knows about emulation, feels okay about it, and does it. Most people have no idea what it is or have no interest in going the emulation route.

$50 for a game is simpler to people vs figuring out how to emulate or buying goldeneye and an n64 to get this set up and even if you do you don't get the online portion.
As someone who works and is into tech etc.., I can see why someone much rather throw $50 at something than try to figure out how to set something up or look for the actual game and console.

Reactions: Ligeia

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As someone who works and is into tech etc.., I can see why someone much rather throw $50 at something than try to figure out how to set something up or look for the actual game and console.
It's a lot like streaming services, too.

All comes down to: convenience.

Speaking of convenience, there are people saying it's more convenient for them to pay with their face or palm, but how is it inconvenient to simply get their wallet out, take the cash or card and use it? This convenience route is starting to get out of control.

Cha0tic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's a lot like streaming services, too.

All comes down to: convenience.

Speaking of convenience, there are people saying it's more convenient for them to pay with their face or palm, but how is it inconvenient to simply get their wallet out, take the cash or card and use it? This convenience route is starting to get out of control.

Well said, it is about convenience and a lot of people rather take the easier convenient route.

Thats something I can't speak on simply because I don't understand how lazy can you be to manually pay for something. Even when places accept tap I always grab my wallet out anyway. Now people complaining about that, that's pure laziness lol but its the world we live in, everything has to be or is getting simpler and simpler. so when something isn't people don't like it

Reactions: Marc_LFD

stanleyopar2000

RIP Yuzu. "It is always morally correct..."
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Why people who bought the disc version like me getting excluded on purpose? I bought the game on release day at full price!:angry:
so that way the digital rights are never yours in case things go south and it has to be delisted or pulled in a few years. Rare even said that the license holders only granted digital entitlement

Just fuck this version and play the XBLA leak

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BigOnYa, it was in the off topic chat forum