Wii #2275 - Rock Band 3 (Europe)

jimbo11

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I have no idea where to find this information, because it's conveniently been left out of the support section of RB3's website. I know a MIDI keyboard will work with the MIDI-USB adapter they sell, but I have a USB MIDI keyboard already (Yamaha DGX-230) which I use with my computer by just plugging into the USB port. There's no MIDI port on my keyboard, only a USB port, and I plugged it into the USB port on back of my wii (the USB hard drive from which I am loading the game is plugged into the other). I've started the game and everything runs smoothly but it doesn't detect the keyboard as being plugged in, the only "instrument" it's detecting is the one wii remote which it assumes is a microphone (though it tells me I don't have the mic plugged in, which is fine, because I don't own any rockband instruments and only want to use it for piano to see if I like it's implementation).

So...is it even possible to hook up a USB MIDI keyboard? Seems like it should work because I'm basically just bypassing their MIDI adapter box and plugging straight into usb. But it's currently not working, so either there's a problem with my IOS or something (I used pimp my wii, I don't know which IOSs I'm running anymore, I got tired of dealing with it so I just let pimp do it for me), or I'm not finding the option for it in the menus, or USB MIDI keyboards just don't work at all.

Anyone else figured this out yet?

gbasource

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I used neogamma to fix the problems with sd card dlc errors, but trust me guys the dlc isnt worth it in my opinion because there appears to be an issue with playing dlc from an sd card on guitar. When you strum there is a delay and most of the notes will be missed even when you hit them dead on target. Even after calibrating over and over again, the problem remains. For those of you who are having trouble getting the game to detect your usb instruments, install ciosrev20b and choose IOS250 as the IOS to use during installation. Choose IOS57 as the base and IOS249 for the custom IOS installation slot. Now if you run the game with neogamma, your usb instruments will be detected. This worked for me.

ziddey

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
of course you can't use a different keyboard.

wiimote will only be used as a controller for a mic user.

the keyboard midi-usb adapter has the controls for that player.

Remco32

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
gbasource said:
For those of you who are having trouble getting the game to detect your usb instruments, install ciosrev20b and choose IOS250 as the IOS to use during installation. Choose IOS57 as the base and IOS249 for the custom IOS installation slot. Now if you run the game with neogamma, your usb instruments will be detected. This worked for me.
I tried that and it didn't work.
Could an outdated version of Neogamma have anything to do with this?

ohmyjosh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Running PAL version off disc - I've tried three different brand 8GB sdhc cards and get the "The device inserted in the SD slot cannot be used" error.

I have all the instruments working in RB2 and Beatles RB and normal 2GBsd card works fine and all DLC loads and plays great.

I've seen some fixes, but they all seem to relate to USB loaders not disc loaders.

Can anyone help? Thanks!

flippinphil

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
another person having problems getting the keyboard recognized. hopefully someone fixes this soon
smile.gif

MrBananman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ohmyjosh said:
Running PAL version off disc - I've tried three different brand 8GB sdhc cards and get the "The device inserted in the SD slot cannot be used" error.

I have all the instruments working in RB2 and Beatles RB and normal 2GBsd card works fine and all DLC loads and plays great.

I've seen some fixes, but they all seem to relate to USB loaders not disc loaders.

Can anyone help? Thanks!

SDHC support came with wii menu 4.0. So if you enver got that far you need to download special ios's to take care of that functionality.

ohmyjosh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
MrBananman said:
SDHC support came with wii menu 4.0. So if you enver got that far you need to download special ios's to take care of that functionality.

I'm running 4.1.

Another thread I read mentions needing the combination of ios37+ios38+ios60 with ios60 being the one responsible for SDHC. Is there a way to splice that functionality into what exists to allow it? Did that even make sense? I'm running the game off disc with Softchip.

Thanks!

nando

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

Remco32

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
nando said:
Remco32 said:
I fixed my instrument (USB-instruments weren't recognized. Running the game via a softmod, game is on disc) problem:

I followed these tutorials:
http://gwht.wikidot.com/ios236 and
http://gwht.wikidot.com/hermes-ios222-223
After that, I ran the game with this loader: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=K0EBZY5C (Use cIOS222)

so you are running version 4 of hermes? are there any issues with dlc filling up the nand?
Version 4, yes. Haven't tried anything with DLC.

Sly Terry

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Here's my issue:

I can either play with USBLoaderGX set to Hermes CIos 223 and the game will play fine with a standard SD card with DLC..

If I switch USBLoaderGX to Ios 249, this makes the game SDHC compatible, but doesn't detect my instruments...

I want it to detect my instruments AND play with my 8 GB SDHC card..

UPDATE:

If you want to use USB Loader GX and have use of SDHC cards AND have instruments show up you need:

IOS 223 38 merged with 60

This enables both...

If you have IOS 249 base 57, and you don't have IOS 223 base 38 merged with 60, you need to downgrade IOS 249 to Rev 17, then use HERMES V 4.0 and choose custom IOS 223 base 38 with 60.

Then you can upgrade your 249 IOS back to rev 20 base 57..

Hope this helps!!

nando

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
so sly. does rev 4 allow you to play dlc without filling up the nand?

i'm on rev20 249 base 56 and my usb mic and sdch gets recognized, plus the dlc works. dlc downloaded on 223 doesn't show up as out of date either, unlike with rb2 or gh where dlc only works when loaded with the same ios they were downloaded.

i don't have other usb instruments so i don't know if they work yet. i have to wait till the midi adapter comes out so i can use my keys and drums.

berlinka

You have sustained a lethal injury.
Trophies
Website
www.berlinka.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Just played this one for an hour and a half with just a regular GH les paul guitar.... Hmmm, this game feels rushed. That's my main gripe. The framerate can be very bad, especially in the verdict-part right after the song. Also I had to fiddle with the calibration an incredible amount of time, which I didn't have to with the other GH and RB games. The setlist is surprisingly good I think. For once there's a lot of songs that I know. But this Rockband game really stands, almost invisible, in the shadow of my beloved The Beatles Rockband.

Score based on simply playing with a the first generation guitar:

The Beatles Rockband: 9/10
Rockband 3: 6/10

Sly Terry

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
nando said:
so sly. does rev 4 allow you to play dlc without filling up the nand?

i'm on rev20 249 base 56 and my usb mic and sdch gets recognized, plus the dlc works. dlc downloaded on 223 doesn't show up as out of date either, unlike with rb2 or gh where dlc only works when loaded with the same ios they were downloaded.

i don't have other usb instruments so i don't know if they work yet. i have to wait till the midi adapter comes out so i can use my keys and drums.

Nando, I'm having the same issue as RB2 when it comes to actually running DLC's...it will save the games to NAND and fill it up using USBLoaderGX as well as CFGUSBLoader...

I burned a backup and ran it through Neogamma, but it won't detect the instruments!

Ideally what we need is a DVD loader that uses IOS 223 and we would be laughing!!

I'm still researching my options here, and will reply as soon as I have a solution..

Pete666

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
how can you play it without filling the wii nand with the dlc ???

I can't use rock band 2 or 3 without the disc channel because it won't transfer to sd card
frown.gif

Sly Terry

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Pete666 said:
how can you play it without filling the wii nand with the dlc ???

I can't use rock band 2 or 3 without the disc channel because it won't transfer to sd card
frown.gif

After extensive research, the only way to get DLC working without it going to NAND, and filling it up after 2 songs, is if the game is running thru the disc channel using Darkcorp...

I have it installed, and RB2 NTSC works without any hitches, but DARKCORP does not work with PAL discs...

I will have to wait for the NTSC version of RB3 so my DARKCORP mod sees the disc, and allows me to run DLC without it copying over to NAND...

RB3 will work with the songs it comes with, and allow you to download songs, but what good is downloading if you can't play them??

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: how are you @BigOnYa ??